top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by earendel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:46 am

After being married for 35 years you'd think that nothing would surprise either elwing or me, but occasionally she does something that keeps the mystery alive, so to speak. This weekend it was my turn. I had heard about an art show being held on Saturday; I know she likes to attend these even though she never wants to buy anything (these are the "hoity-toity" types of art shows, where the work is excellent and the prices are high). She hadn't heard anything about the show, so I told her Friday evening that we were going to have a special Saturday. We got up, went and had some brunch (something we seldom do), and then I took her out to the art fair. She was surprised and pleased. She even bought something.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:51 am

How sweet.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:57 am

Today is our 30th anniversary. The kids have offered to cook dinner for us. Of course, they want to use my kitchen, but that's fine.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:01 am

Happy Anniversary, Kay! :D

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:57 am

kayrharris wrote:Today is our 30th anniversary. The kids have offered to cook dinner for us. Of course, they want to use my kitchen, but that's fine.
Happy anniversary, kay! That your children want to cook for you is a good thing, no matter whose kitchen they're using. Unless they're planning some sort of Iron Chef menu.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

gsabc

#6 Post by gsabc » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:48 am

kayrharris wrote:Today is our 30th anniversary. The kids have offered to cook dinner for us. Of course, they want to use my kitchen, but that's fine.
Our 30th will also be this year, on Beethoven's birthday. Our first alone together since our third (HS was in utero for the fourth). BD will be in CA and HS can't cook. I'm sure we'll find something to do. :wink:
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.