Stuff I Think About At Work...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

Stuff I Think About At Work...

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:09 am

Since I often have a lot of time to think while performing my menial tasks...

One of my co-workers happened to be shopping for toilet paper, and quickly scooped up a package of the 9 roll Charmin we have for $5. She soon realized that for a dollar more, she could have a 24 roll package of Angel Soft. "What's the difference?" she asked me...

Well, Charmin's the elite name in TP, I said, and they can charge more for less rolls... then again, Charmin has about 50 different sizes of rolls, so whether those 9 rolls really equalled 9 rolls of Angel Soft was debatable....

Then it hit me. Since different detergents require different amounts to add to a load of laundry, they usually come with the number of loads on the package that can be gotten from that bottle....

So why doesn't toilet paper display the number of wipes you get from each package?

Well?????

Why not?????

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:17 am

I can think of a couple MM who could help with that product testing. :P

earendel

Re: Stuff I Think About At Work...

#3 Post by earendel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:20 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Since I often have a lot of time to think while performing my menial tasks...

One of my co-workers happened to be shopping for toilet paper, and quickly scooped up a package of the 9 roll Charmin we have for $5. She soon realized that for a dollar more, she could have a 24 roll package of Angel Soft. "What's the difference?" she asked me...

Well, Charmin's the elite name in TP, I said, and they can charge more for less rolls... then again, Charmin has about 50 different sizes of rolls, so whether those 9 rolls really equalled 9 rolls of Angel Soft was debatable....

Then it hit me. Since different detergents require different amounts to add to a load of laundry, they usually come with the number of loads on the package that can be gotten from that bottle....

So why doesn't toilet paper display the number of wipes you get from each package?

Well?????

Why not?????
Too many variables, I'm afraid.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:22 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

I am not going to answer your question.

Charmin can charge more because their product is soft and does a thorough job. I wouldn't use anything else for my family.

My friend's house got toilet-papered a few weeks ago and she said that she could immediately rule out me or my girls as the culprit because the person used Kirkland's Best toilet paper and she knew that I would never let that stuff that touch my girls' bottoms.

Just to be clear though, when I go out TPing, I don't use Charmin, I do go to the grocery store and buy whatever stuff is cheapest, I just never plan enough in advance to go to Costco and buy it in bulk.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:50 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:Charmin can charge more because their product is soft and does a thorough job. I wouldn't use anything else for my family.

My friend's house got toilet-papered a few weeks ago and she said that she could immediately rule out me or my girls as the culprit because the person used Kirkland's Best toilet paper and she knew that I would never let that stuff that touch my girls' bottoms.

Just to be clear though, when I go out TPing, I don't use Charmin, I do go to the grocery store and buy whatever stuff is cheapest, I just never plan enough in advance to go to Costco and buy it in bulk.
Next time use one of these:
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/diy- ... 162506.php
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#6 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:17 am

Bob Juch wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:Charmin can charge more because their product is soft and does a thorough job. I wouldn't use anything else for my family.

Next time use one of these:
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/diy- ... 162506.php
That's so cool!

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#7 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:18 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

Detergent packaging tells you the number of loads based upon their recommendation for the measured amount you should use for each load.

TP packaging does tell you the number of sheets on each roll, as well as the square footage of paper within each package. What the manufacturer doesn't do is tell you how much of the product you should use. Remember the controversy (and vast annoyance) when Sheryl Crow told us all that, for the sake of "living green," we should all get by with only one sheet?

Chronic Diarrhea
Merry Man

#8 Post by Chronic Diarrhea » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:21 am

silvercamaro wrote:Remember the controversy (and vast annoyance) when Sheryl Crow told us all that, for the sake of "living green," we should all get by with only one sheet?

I sure do! I hope she gets a bad case of what I've got and ends up becoming a 4 roll-a-day person like me....

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:25 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:I can think of a couple MM who could help with that product testing. :P
There's one! :)

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#10 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:32 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Since I often have a lot of time to think while performing my menial tasks...

Well?????

Why not?????
What about the Cat Genie? Does it have an automatic dispenser and if so, how many plies per cat?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#11 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:34 am

silvercamaro wrote:[
TP packaging does tell you the number of sheets on each roll, as well as the square footage of paper within each package. What the manufacturer doesn't do is tell you how much of the product you should use. Remember the controversy (and vast annoyance) when Sheryl Crow told us all that, for the sake of "living green," we should all get by with only one sheet?
I tried using the "green" stuff for my family and it didn't work. It took more sheets to do the job and it wasn't soft.

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:41 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:[
I tried using the "green" stuff for my family and it didn't work. It took more sheets to do the job and it wasn't soft.
How big were the leaves? :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

fantine33

#13 Post by fantine33 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:58 am

silvercamaro wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

Detergent packaging tells you the number of loads based upon their recommendation for the measured amount you should use for each load.

I think Sheryl must be related to my Grandma. We were taught that the reason they were called #1 and #2 was that was the number of squares you used for each. She also allowed us 2 inches of water in the bathtub.

My mom said that after all of us kids moved out, the only major savings she saw was huge drops in the water and toilet paper bills. Once we got old enough to not have to stay at Grandma's anymore, we were a bunch of rebels.

I use Walmart toilet paper, 6 pack for 1.18 (it's gone up, used to be under a dollar). But they had this great deal a while back at Costco on Charmin and had a coupon as well so I bought this bahama mama dormitory pack. It's too thick and soft and icky. Then I bought another one because I had another coupon. I''m never going to use up all that stuff, even as cavalier as I tend to be with the toilet paper.

I guess all those people who always said I was a hardass were right. Ha!

This also reminds me that my dad always called toilet paper 'asswipe'. As in 'hey, we're out of asswipe in here!'

Beavis & Butthead
Merry Man

#14 Post by Beavis & Butthead » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:03 am

fantine33 wrote:This also reminds me that my dad always called toilet paper 'asswipe'. As in 'hey, we're out of asswipe in here!'

Hey Beavis, check this out!

Hey Asswipe! Bring some more asswipe in here! Huh, huh, huh! You're an Asswipe!

Shut up, fartknocker!