A new puppy came home yesterday

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

A new puppy came home yesterday

#1 Post by Spock » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:05 am

Sam-A yellow lab-cute as the Dickens

All 3 kids obviously like him, but he is either Shane's dog or Shane is his boy-I have not decided yet-Shane bonded with him right away.

It was funny my folks saw a sibling to the pup yesterday and dropped the number off at our house. Shane grabbed the number out of her hand and grabbed the phone and was starting to call-obviously, he NEEDED a puppy.

Smoky-the German Shepherd pup that we got last winter had to leave us-I did not trust him with Shane-

Bob Juch

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:09 am

How old is Shane?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:31 am

Bob Juch wrote:How old is Shane?
5 1/2

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:37 am

Spock wrote:
5 1/2
Yep, just the right age to partner up with a dog. Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

Will we see him on the Bored soon?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

CaseyGrrl
Four-Footer

#5 Post by CaseyGrrl » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:16 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Spock wrote:
5 1/2
Yep, just the right age to partner up with a dog. Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

Will we see him on the Bored soon?
Yes!! Bring him soon!!!

We need more four footers!!! For me to herd!!! And for Annie's opera!!! Because I'm the dance captain!! And I'll herd him into the dances!! I'm a really good herder!! And really fast!!

I don't like gardening so much. It's very boring. And then you get vegetables. I don't like vegetables. Or fishing.
WOOF!

WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF!

WOOFWOOFWOOF!!!!

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:52 am

I don't like vegetables. Or fishing
Don't fish like to be herded?

Casey, I could sure use your skills with my grandson. I had to fish him out of the creek twice this weekend. Do you think your mom would let you come visit til he's about twenty?

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:03 am

tlynn78 wrote:

Casey, I could sure use your skills with my grandson. I had to fish him out of the creek twice this weekend. Do you think your mom would let you come visit til he's about twenty?

t.
What pound line did you use?

CaseyGrrl
Four-Footer

#8 Post by CaseyGrrl » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:15 am

tlynn78 wrote:

t.
No no no!! No, MsTgirl, fish do not like to be herded! Not not not! They swim off even faster than I can run! And that's really fast! Fast fast fast!! And when I'm running across a log, I scare them away! And then Mom and Dad can't catch them! They should catch chickens instead! Chicken is my favorite! I like eggs too!

I will herd your grandson the whole time! I will keep him away from creeks! Creeks are very good for fish! But very bad for little kids! I will keep him safe! Safe safe safe!
WOOF!

WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF!

WOOFWOOFWOOF!!!!

tlynn78

#9 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:18 am

What pound line did you use

Unfortunately, it was rod-free, reel-free, all me getting wet along with him.

I will herd your grandson the whole time! I will keep him away from creeks! Creeks are very good for fish! But very bad for little kids! I will keep him safe! Safe safe safe!
deal!

t
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

christie1111
11:11

#10 Post by christie1111 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:21 am

Me thinks the first creek visit was an accident. The second was FUN!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:27 am

christie1111 wrote:Me thinks the first creek visit was an accident. The second was FUN!
Especially seeing Grandma come in after him! :lol:

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:28 am

Me thinks the first creek visit was an accident. The second was FUN
I think you're right. He's no dummy, and has NO fear.

t.