It'll be over tomorrow

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
PlacentiaSoccerMom

#51 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:18 pm

I just got this from Hillary:

Dear Julie,

Over the course of this campaign, I have seen the promise of America in your courage and character, your energy and ingenuity, and your compassion and faith.

Your spirit has inspired me every day in this race. While I traveled this country talking about how I wanted to help you -- time and again, you reached out to help me. To grab my hand or grip my arm, to look me in my eyes and tell me, don’t quit, keep fighting, stay in this race for us. There were days when I had strength enough for the both of us -- and on the days I didn't, I leaned on you.

This has always been your campaign, and tonight, there's no one I want to hear from more than you. I hope you're as proud as I am of what we've done and that you'll take a moment to share your thoughts with me now at my website.

I want to congratulate Senator Obama and his supporters on the extraordinary race that they have run. Senator Obama has inspired so many Americans to care about politics and empowered so many more to get involved, and our party and our democracy are stronger and more vibrant as a result.

Whatever path I travel next, I promise I will keep faith with you and everyone I have met across this good and great country. There is no possible way to thank you enough for everything you have done throughout this primary season, and you will always be in my heart.

Sincerely,
Hillary Rodham Clinton

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#52 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:19 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
sunflower wrote: But we already know her dirt! It's all out there! It's almost endearing at this point :roll:
I agree Hillary's dirt is all out there.
So you rather vote for a known crook rather than a suspected one?
Guess, what, I am not going to argue with you.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#53 Post by sunflower » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:23 pm

I didn't get my email yet...I bet she likes CA better, just like everyone else!! Lol... :wink:

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#54 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:24 pm

sunflower wrote:I didn't get my email yet...I bet she likes CA better, just like everyone else!! Lol... :wink:
Maybe I gave her more money. :) Or maybe she wants more money, did you max out?

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#55 Post by sunflower » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:29 pm

sunflower wrote:I didn't get my email yet...I bet she likes CA better, just like everyone else!! Lol... :wink:
You probably gave her more, I didn't max out. And I haven't donated in a while, so maybe she's lost hope in me!

Bob Juch

#56 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:29 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:I just got this from Hillary:

Dear Julie,

Over the course of this campaign, I have seen the promise of America in your courage and character, your energy and ingenuity, and your compassion and faith.

Your spirit has inspired me every day in this race. While I traveled this country talking about how I wanted to help you -- time and again, you reached out to help me. To grab my hand or grip my arm, to look me in my eyes and tell me, don’t quit, keep fighting, stay in this race for us. There were days when I had strength enough for the both of us -- and on the days I didn't, I leaned on you.

This has always been your campaign, and tonight, there's no one I want to hear from more than you. I hope you're as proud as I am of what we've done and that you'll take a moment to share your thoughts with me now at my website.

I want to congratulate Senator Obama and his supporters on the extraordinary race that they have run. Senator Obama has inspired so many Americans to care about politics and empowered so many more to get involved, and our party and our democracy are stronger and more vibrant as a result.

Whatever path I travel next, I promise I will keep faith with you and everyone I have met across this good and great country. There is no possible way to thank you enough for everything you have done throughout this primary season, and you will always be in my heart.

Sincerely,
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Boy, I didn't know you got around so much! :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#57 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:36 pm

sunflower wrote:
You probably gave her more, I didn't max out. And I haven't donated in a while, so maybe she's lost hope in me!
I give her a little big when she wins and more when she loses.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#58 Post by sunflower » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:02 pm

Whew...thank goodness, Hillary does love me too! I just got the same email. I'm just on the "always-votes-democratic" state delay!

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#59 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:03 pm

sunflower wrote:Whew...thank goodness, Hillary does love me too! I just got the same email. I'm just on the "always-votes-democratic" state delay!
I live in California, it's a pretty blue state.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#60 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:51 pm

sunflower wrote:
sunflower wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, and if so, you can all mock me in November...but I think the party is making a huge mistake and that Obama is not going to win. Even Oprah can't help him now...
I agree, but I wonder if I agree because I am bitter.

I am sure that the Republicans have some dirt on him.
I bet you are right. Even if they don't, who needs dirt when you can just say plain and simple the guy lacks any practical experience, especially with international matters. And they'd be right to say that. It should be an interesting 5 months...
What good does McCain's experience do if he uses it to sell the wrong decisions? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#61 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
sunflower wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote: I agree, but I wonder if I agree because I am bitter.

I am sure that the Republicans have some dirt on him.
I bet you are right. Even if they don't, who needs dirt when you can just say plain and simple the guy lacks any practical experience, especially with international matters. And they'd be right to say that. It should be an interesting 5 months...
What good does McCain's experience do if he uses it to sell the wrong decisions? --Bob
I won't vote for McCain.

I am just sort of sad that I have to vote for Obama.

I really wanted this to be an election where I didn't have to vote for the lesser of the two evils.

earendel

#62 Post by earendel » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:03 am

Bob78164 wrote:
sunflower wrote: I bet you are right. Even if they don't, who needs dirt when you can just say plain and simple the guy lacks any practical experience, especially with international matters. And they'd be right to say that. It should be an interesting 5 months...
I won't vote for McCain.

I really wanted this to be an election where I didn't have to vote for the lesser of the two evils.
There's a chance that you may have the opportunity to vote for Clinton - for VP. She's evidently told some of her people that she'd accept the second spot on the ticket if Obama offered it. In the name of party unity that's the best thing he could do.

Personal opinion: He won't do it. I don't think his wife would appreciate it and the last thing a President needs is a VP and a First Lady who might get involved in a cat fight.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob Juch

#63 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:18 am

Bob78164 wrote:
sunflower wrote: I bet you are right. Even if they don't, who needs dirt when you can just say plain and simple the guy lacks any practical experience, especially with international matters. And they'd be right to say that. It should be an interesting 5 months...
I won't vote for McCain.

Why not? You already voted for the greater of two. :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

MarleysGh0st

#64 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:23 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:I really wanted this to be an election where I didn't have to vote for the lesser of the two evils.
You don't have to.

Join the Republicans for Voldemort! :twisted:

National Apathy Party
Merry Man

#65 Post by National Apathy Party » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:28 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:I really wanted this to be an election where I didn't have to vote for the lesser of the two evils.
You don't have to.

Why bother?
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!

Proudly supporting the Thousandaire in '12 campaign!

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#66 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:19 am

National Apathy Party wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
You don't have to.

Why bother?
I warned you.....I'm gonna have to lay the lumber on you.....
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.