The Ocean Isle Tragedy

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

The Ocean Isle Tragedy

#1 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:02 am

The newspaper says the house belongs to a lawyer who lives in the next county. He is a friend and colleague. There is much other information out there. The is so sad.

Update: My friend's daughter was also lost.

Update: I reported a rumor that was not true. My friends daughter was not one of the victims. The other report that one of the victims being from here was confirmed.
Last edited by themanintheseersuckersuit on Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:10 am

This is such a tragedy and seems to be really hitting close to home for you.
As a parent as well as an owner of a vacation home, I can't think of anything worse. I honestly didn't sleep well last night.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:55 am

I just saw this. I feel ill. TMITSSS, I'm so sorry for your friends.
Well, then

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:59 am

I am very sorry for your loss.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:44 am

This is a very sad story. My heart goes out to the families and friends of all the students.

Sir_Galahad

#6 Post by Sir_Galahad » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:06 am

This is another tragedy that comes on the back of the tragedy that happened just a few miles from where we live.

http://www.wspa.com/midatlantic/spa/sea ... -0010.html

Lady G attends the same church as the grandmother of the Mitchell children and she is attending the funeral for the younger one as I write this. The Mitchells, apparently, are a very well known family in the area. I know exactly where this accident happened and I can see how it happened. It is so sad. I feel terrible whenever I see another parent lose a child needlessly.

The fire in Ocean Isle was horrific. Information is just starting to trickle out. They suspect the fire was started by one of the kids' cigarette but that is merely speculation at this time. In any case, it is a terrible tragedy.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Perhaps the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about...

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:36 pm

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, SuitDude.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller