Bad weather headed my way...again!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fuzzywuzzy

Bad weather headed my way...again!

#1 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:24 pm

We are going to have another round of severe weather here this evening. Its coming in from the west. This means heavy rain, hail, frequent lightening, and maybe a tornado!

The really bad thing about this is...fwh is in Manhattan, KS right now, and the storms are an hour west of him. So, when he is done with his meeting he is gonna skedaddle his butt back to KC!

Hope you all have a great evening!

fuzzy 8)
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

tlynn78

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:30 pm

be safe!

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

themanintheseersuckersuit

#3 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:58 pm

Your post will keep me from whining about how hot it is here. Should be 102 with all the humidity we're famous for this weekend.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:54 pm

Yep, been 96+ here the past two days with no relief and/or rain in sight.

I hope the storms stay away from your area and your husband makes it home safely.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

lilclyde54

#5 Post by lilclyde54 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Here's hoping all y'all get is some heavy rain.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again