So You Think You Can Dance?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

So You Think You Can Dance?

#1 Post by earendel » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:26 am

Is anyone watching this show? elwing stumbled onto it two seasons ago and it's become one of her guilty pleasures, and I have the privilege of watching it along with her. The past couple weeks have been the standard audition shows, where they highlight certain individuals as either being very good or very bad. Now they're down to the "top 20" and the rest of the shows will be the elimination process. Not being a dancer myself and especially not being knowledgeable about such things as "b-boys", "crunking", "popping" and such, I can't really tell whether the dancers are good or not, so I just wait for the judges' comments. They're usually pretty amusing. The chief judge is Nigel Lythgoe, who, as it happens, is the producer of American Idol.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#2 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:10 am

I can't stand the screaming woman, and the people from my city are always the best dancers, but come in second behind relatives of some has-been D-list TV actor.

So, no.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:55 am

I watch it, and I've already accumulated some favorites, but I don't know any of their names yet.

Nobody so far has blown me away completely since Travis, from Mini's town, a couple of seasons back.

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:20 am

I enjoy watching the show, it makes my (extremely) old, long-unused dance muscles twitch.The stoopid female judge (Mary) makes me crazy. Her cackling, inappropriate, rude laughing completely turns me off. She needs slapping. She reminds me of a rude little 13 or 14 year old beyotch.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Appa23

#5 Post by Appa23 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:06 pm

As you might imagine, my entirely family watches SYTYCD.

PP cracked me up as we watched the early auditions, as she critiqued performances..I heard of lot of "That girl is not really very good."

When she is old enough, there has been some talk of studio parents paying the expenses for the owners' daughter to audition. In a couple of years, she would definitely make it to Vegas.

(One of the things that I never knew about competitive dance is that have these dance "conferences/symposiums" where you can take classes from people like the choreographers from SYTYCD.