Changes in Yankeeland

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
nitrah55

Changes in Yankeeland

#1 Post by nitrah55 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:25 pm

A-Rod has opted out of his contract; the Yankees have said and re-iterated that they would not chase him if he opted out. They were prepared to negotiate an extension, but only if he didn't opt out.

Reports say the Yankees have offered the manager job to Girardi and Mattingly has resigned.

Oh, and there are rumors the Dodgers want to buy out Grady Little and hire Torre.

Baseball season never really ends around here.
I am about 25% sure of this.

gotribego26

Re: Changes in Yankeeland

#2 Post by gotribego26 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:05 pm

nitrah55 wrote: Oh, and there are rumors the Dodgers want to buy out Grady Little and hire Torre.
I am a card carrying Yankee hater, but I've always respected Torre. That respect would be diminished greatly if he went to work for Dodger Blue.
Pleases tell me this is wishful thinking by the Dodgers and not somehting Torre is seriously considering.

Peter5858

#3 Post by Peter5858 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:55 pm

Tribe,

I don't understand why you would or should lose respect for Torre if he takes another job. Why should he shut himself out of managerial (or any other) opportunities? He has previously managed the Mets, Braves, and Cardinals. Why would the Dodgers be any different?

gotribego26

#4 Post by gotribego26 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:36 pm

Peter5858 wrote:Tribe,

I don't understand why you would or should lose respect for Torre if he takes another job. Why should he shut himself out of managerial (or any other) opportunities? He has previously managed the Mets, Braves, and Cardinals. Why would the Dodgers be any different?
First off he doesn't need a job - he deserves to work with classy people who have a chance to win.

I don't think current Dodgers ownership has a clue and the GM is little better. I don't think he can overcome their ineptitude - he just deserves better (likewise I would hope he wouldn't end up in Baltimore - there are a few black holes with money in MLB).

It's good to see you - it's been a while.