Transcript 10/29/07 Anita Miller

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 10/29/07 Anita Miller

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:08 pm

Anita Miller
Chambersburg, PA
Bartender

It's been a busy year for Anita. She got married, had a baby and is now on "Millionaire."

$100 Which of the following is a common tongue-in-cheek alternative to the adjective "short"?
A. Historically challenged
B. Vertically challenged
C. Politically challenged
D. DeVito-esque

$200 In Great Britain, which of these household products is commonly referred to as "silver paper"?
A. Aluminum foil
B. Dryer sheets
C. Toilet tissue
D. Masking tape

$300 In the title of the Dolly Parton song "9 to 5,' the numbers "9" and "5" refer to what?
A. Months in the year
B. Numbers on a telephone
C. Times of day
D. Floors in an office building

$500 In football, a touchdown is scored when a player possesses the ball in an area called the what?
A. Outfield
B. End zone
C. Free throw lane
D. Penalty box

$1K From 1948 to 1956, Americans' growing taste for pizza sparked an increase in sales of what herb?
A. Dill
B. Nutmeg
C. Cilantro
D. Oregano

$2K Something in a state of disarray is often said to be "at" what numbers?
A. Twos and threes
B. Fours and fives
C. Sixes and sevens
D. Eights and nines

ATA

18% A. Twos and threes
8% B. Fours and fives
42% C. Sixes and sevens
32% D. Eights and nines

$4K Which of the following is not a federal holiday in the U.S. ?
A. Memorial Day
B. Labor Day
C. Election Day
D. Thanksgiving Day

$8K In 2007, a popular TV personality hit the bestseller charts with a book titled "Paula Deen: It Ain't All About the "what"?
A. Cookin'
B. Singin'
C. Sewin'
D. Paintin'

$16K what variety of bird has a name that is also a verb meaning "to cheat" or "to deceive"?
A. Macaw
B. Grouse
C. Quail
D. Gull

50/50 leaves A. Macaw and D. Gull.

commercial break

Anita was a seventh grade science teacher. She gave teaching up so she could spend more time with her daughter.
Anita first met her husband, Seth, at the bar where she works.
He was a bouncer.

Meredith: And I heard you were going to make a drink for me?
Anita: Yeah. I heard you like it dirty. Do you like it dirty?

Meredith: What bathroom did you read that in?
Anita: The one upstairs.

Anita's favorite specialty drink is a dirty martini.
She offers to make Meredith one any time.[/I]

$25K A bizarre neurologic disorder in which a person's hand moves on its own, anarchic hand syndrome is also known as what?
A. Citizen Kane syndrome
B. Dr. Strangelove syndrome
C. Willy Wonka syndrome
D. Inspector Clouseau syndrome

PAF - Randy, Anita's co-worker

Anita reads the entire question and choices.
Randy asks her to repeat the first two choices.
Randy says that he is not sure, but he believes it is one of the first two.

Anita makes her final answer.
Meredith does her fake out when she give the $1K check to Anita and then tells her to tear it up,

$50K Which of these following are not the first two letters, in order, of the name of any country in the world?
A. Dj
B. Er
C. Aq
D. Ky

STQ

$50K A standard fixture in the modern orchestra, the English horn bears a close physical resemblance to which of these other instruments?
A. Trumpet
B. Oboe
C. French horn
D. Tuba

Anita says that she was in the band, but didn't have and English horn.
She makes C. French horn her final answer.
Anita leaves with $25K

commercial break

Answers:
$100 B. Vertically challenged
$200 A. Aluminum foil
$300 C. Times of day
$500 B. End zone
$1K D. Oregano
$2K C. Sixes and sevens
$4K C. Election Day
$8K A. Cookin'
$16K D. Gull
$25K B. Dr. Strangelove syndrome
$50K C. Aq
$50K B. Oboe

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 10/29/07 Anita Miller

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:55 am

$2K: I thought the phrase was "at sevens and eights", so I'm definitely in trouble here. I leaned more toward D than C. I would've asked the audience, and would've been worried about the 42-32 split.

$16: Well, I was destined to win only $1,000 with this stack. Had I passed that $2K question, I would've crashed here with quail.

$25K: Would've guessed Clouseau here.

$50K: Would've gotten this one immediately.

$50K #2: As soon as this question came up, I could smell that "French horn" distractor coming from a mile away. I was afraid that both oboe and clarinet would pop up as choices, but I would've gotten this question right as well.

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:31 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $2K Something in a state of disarray is often said to be "at" what numbers?
A. Twos and threes
B. Fours and fives
C. Sixes and sevens
D. Eights and nines

ATA

18% A. Twos and threes
8% B. Fours and fives
42% C. Sixes and sevens
32% D. Eights and nines
Any $2K question that only polls 42% can't be as pop cultural as the question writers thought. I remembered hearing this line in a song, although it would have taken a long time to be certain what that song was (Don't Cry for Me Argentina).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $8K In 2007, a popular TV personality hit the bestseller charts with a book titled "Paula Deen: It Ain't All About the "what"?
A. Cookin'
B. Singin'
C. Sewin'
D. Paintin'
There goes my ATA. Does she have a show on the Food Channel?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $25K A bizarre neurologic disorder in which a person's hand moves on its own, anarchic hand syndrome is also known as what?
A. Citizen Kane syndrome
B. Dr. Strangelove syndrome
C. Willy Wonka syndrome
D. Inspector Clouseau syndrome
Dr. Strangelove has to keep restraining his arm from doing the Nazi salute, IIRC.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $50K Which of these following are not the first two letters, in order, of the name of any country in the world?
A. Dj
B. Er
C. Aq
D. Ky
No problem here, which means I don't see the STQ question, which would have been a problem.

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:32 am

Dream stack for me through the original $50K Q. GW will be disappointed I didn't get the Paula Deen question. Paula's a favorite of hers on the Food Network.

John Adams in 1776: [England] has gulled, cullied and diddled these colonies ...

Djibouti, Eritrea, Kyrghistan.

$2K is a bit low for the "sixes and sevens" question, IMO. Another musical one, though. Evita, Don't Cry for Me Argentina, where she sings about being at "sixes and sevens".

Never heard of the hand movement disease, but Dr. Strangelove was the obvious choice.

Would have bombed out on the STQ orchestral question though. NAC. Would have tested the audience first, since the ATA is usually worthless beyond this level. Then PAF.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:59 pm

Here's an article about Anita's appearance.

http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=disp ... ormat=html

The viewing party apparently didn't impress her daughter.
Along with friends and co-workers was her 14-month-old daughter, Maya, who was more interested in a piece of toast and some balloons tied to a highchair than what was happening on the big-screen TV.
:)

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:27 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Anita Miller
Chambersburg, PA
Bartender

It's been a busy year for Anita. She got married, had a baby and is now on "Millionaire."
So she had the "new baby" hook going for her.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K Something in a state of disarray is often said to be "at" what numbers?
A. Twos and threes
B. Fours and fives
C. Sixes and sevens
D. Eights and nines
I haven't heard this expression in a long time, but wouldn't have needed a lifeline to answer the question.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K Which of the following is not a federal holiday in the U.S. ?
A. Memorial Day
B. Labor Day
C. Election Day
D. Thanksgiving Day
No problem with this one! :lol:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8K In 2007, a popular TV personality hit the bestseller charts with a book titled "Paula Deen: It Ain't All About the "what"?
A. Cookin'
B. Singin'
C. Sewin'
D. Paintin'
Time to ATA - I've never heard of Paula Deen.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Meredith: And I heard you were going to make a drink for me?
Anita: Yeah. I heard you like it dirty. Do you like it dirty?[/i]
Meredith: What bathroom did you read that in?
Anita: The one upstairs.
And I thought this was a family show. :shock:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K Which of these following are not the first two letters, in order, of the name of any country in the world?
A. Dj
B. Er
C. Aq
D. Ky
Meredith named the same countries that I would have named in the Hot Seat.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K A standard fixture in the modern orchestra, the English horn bears a close physical resemblance to which of these other instruments?
A. Trumpet
B. Oboe
C. French horn
D. Tuba
Good thing I wouldn't have seen this question, although I might have been able to reason it out. I know the French horn isn't the right answer because it looks like a tuba, and it's not the tuba nor the trumpet, so that leaves only the oboe. But would I have trusted myself at this level?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:27 am

Here's another article about Anita's appearance. Some paragraphs were so good, they printed them twice. :roll:

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.c ... =1441&on=1
Miller recalls her heart practically falling to the floor when moments earlier in the show Vieira handed her a $1,000 check, causing her to think she had wrongly answered the $25,000 question. Vieira, who jested with Miller she had a little devil on her shoulder, promptly told her to tear up the check because she had just increased her winnings to $25,000.
Yet, Meredith gives in to this little devil, time after time. :evil:
“Looking back, the only thing that bothers me is I feel like I wasted my 50/50 question. I knew the answer, but I was playing it safe,” she said.

ghostjmf

#8 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:29 pm

50K: My head is full of capitol cities & Gulfs & so forth when it should be checking countries. Shamefully, STQ here.

STQ 50K: I thought it was trumpet & even more shamefully would go down here.