Transcript 06/10/2008 Lilli Misic

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 06/10/2008 Lilli Misic

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Lilli Misic
La Jolla, CA
Account mgr.

Is married, and just turned 27 two days ago.

Packed very lightly and shopped in NYC for most of her clothing.

$100- Which of these fairy tales features a spoiled girl, a mattress, and a tiny green vegetable?
A. Cinderella B. The Ugly Duckling
C. The Princess and the Pea D. Goldilocks and the Three Cabbages

$200- Which of these medical conditions is often referred to as "the sniffles"?
A. Head cold B. Toothache
C. Sunburn D. Indigestion

$300- Though positioned differently on the page, apostrophes bear a close physical resemblance to what other punctuation marks?
A. Question marks B. Commas
C. Colons D. Exclamation points

$500- The classic Tex Ritter song "(I Got Spurs That) Jingle, Jingle, Jingle" is an ode to whom?
A. Cowboys B. Coal miners
C. Sailors D. Lumberjacks

$1000- In ads, Ivory Soap boasts that its bars are "so pure" they do what?
A. Twinkle B. Evaporate
C. Squeak D. Float

$2000- A 2006 memoir, "The I Chong" was written by the longtime comedy partner of what funnyman?
A. Dean Martin B. Tommy Smothers
C. Cheech Marin D. Penn Jillette

$4000- Beloved by millions of women, Spanx is a popular brand of which of the following?
A. Undergarments B. Hair accessories
C. Nail polish D. Fragrances

$8000- Nicknamed "Hemingway cats" because many of them roam the late author's estate, polydactyl cats have what unusual trait?
A. Black eyes B. Very long hair
C. Extra toes D. Floppy ears

ATA
A-4% B- 8%
C-72% D- 16%

Commercial break

$16,000
Tavistalks.com is the official web site of a well-known TV host and author with what last name?
A. Scarborough B. Smiley
C. Russert D. Moyers

PAF Fritz gets in "Smiley 100%" with two seconds left

Commercial break

$25,000
The port city of Riga is located on the Gulf of Riga, an inlet of what body of water?
A. Black Sea B. Mediterranean Sea
C. Caspian Sea D. Baltic Sea

Lilli has a hunch, uses 50/50 which leaves A & D. She is still not sure enough and leaves with $16,000.

Answers
$100- C. The Princess and the Pea
$200- A. Head cold
$300- B. Commas
$500- A. Cowboys
$1000- D. Float
$2000- C. Cheech Marin
$4000- A. Undergarments
$8000- C. Extra toes
$16K- B. Smiley
$25K- D. Baltic Sea

FYI- Peahen's question from 2003 read as follows:
$64K ($50K current value) A major seaport, Riga is the capital of what European country?
A. Croatia B. Estonia
C. Latvia D. Lithuania

50/50: leaves answers A and C

Snipped

Answers
$64K- C. Latvia

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 06/10/2008 Lilli Misic

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:43 am

$4K: ATA, please.

That's my only usage of lifeline here.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:54 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Lilli Misic
La Jolla, CA
Account mgr.

Is married, and just turned 27 two days ago.

Packed very lightly and shopped in NYC for most of her clothing.
Yeah, she was just too cute for words. But not a bad game player.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4000- Beloved by millions of women, Spanx is a popular brand of which of the following?
A. Undergarments B. Hair accessories
C. Nail polish D. Fragrances
OK, time for me to ATA because I have no idea. elwing knew, but said that they're too expensive for her to wear.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8000- Nicknamed "Hemingway cats" because many of them roam the late author's estate, polydactyl cats have what unusual trait?
A. Black eyes B. Very long hair
C. Extra toes D. Floppy ears

ATA
A-4% B- 8%
C-72% D- 16%
Lilli associated polydactyl with pterodactyl but then couldn't figure out what "pterodactyl" meant. FTR it means "winged finger".
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000
Tavistalks.com is the official web site of a well-known TV host and author with what last name?
A. Scarborough B. Smiley
C. Russert D. Moyers

This doesn't even require Google - just put the Web address in the browser window and hit Enter. Smiley has a show on NPR, but I don't know what he does on TV.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000
The port city of Riga is located on the Gulf of Riga, an inlet of what body of water?

Lilli has a hunch, uses 50/50 which leaves A & D. She is still not sure enough and leaves with $16,000.
Her husband is Serbian and I'll wager that he knew the answer. Lilli really wanted to say "Baltic Sea" but couldn't bring herself to pull the trigger. I knew the answer because I get goods in Riga to deliver to Magnitogorsk (another obscure board game reference).
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

slam

#4 Post by slam » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:23 am

Although I'd never heard of Spanx, I suppose one can figure it out (undergarments cover the part of the body that could get spanked). Nonetheless, I'd certainly ATA and expect clear results. The rest of the stack was very straight-forward.

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:47 am

Ohhhh, please give me a stack like this when I'm seated there! That Tex Ritter song was one of my Dad's favorites. All lifelines remaining, heading to the top tier.

I got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle
As I go ridin' merrily along
And they sing, 'Away, too glad, you're single'
And that song ain't so very far from wrong

Maybe they need to rename the show "Who Wants To Be A Sixteen-ThousandAire?" An awful large number of players recently are walking rather than answering the $25K question.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

NellyLunatic1980

#6 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:52 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000
A. Scarborough B. Smiley
C. Russert D. Moyers

This doesn't even require Google - just put the Web address in the browser window and hit Enter. Smiley has a show on NPR, but I don't know what he does on TV.
I think he still has a show on PBS.

starfish1113

#7 Post by starfish1113 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:48 am

I didn't know the undergarment question, I somehow knew them all.

slam

#8 Post by slam » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:55 am

gsabc wrote:Ohhhh, please give me a stack like this when I'm seated there! That Tex Ritter song was one of my Dad's favorites. All lifelines remaining, heading to the top tier.

I got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle
As I go ridin' merrily along
And they sing, 'Away, too glad, you're single'
And that song ain't so very far from wrong

Maybe they need to rename the show "Who Wants To Be A Sixteen-ThousandAire?" An awful large number of players recently are walking rather than answering the $25K question.
The percentages of those leaving with exactly $16K by season:

Season 1: 13.01%
Season 2: 15.96%
Season 3: 16.67%
Season 4: 17.77%
Season 5: 24.01%
Season 6: 20.49%

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:51 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000

Her husband is Serbian and I'll wager that he knew the answer. Lilli really wanted to say "Baltic Sea" but couldn't bring herself to pull the trigger. I knew the answer because I get goods in Riga to deliver to Magnitogorsk (another obscure board game reference).
When Lilli said her husband was from this region and then mentioned Serbia, I could sense disaster coming...unless by "this region" she only meant Eastern Europe. And I'm not sure how she ended up leaning towards the Baltic, when she was thinking that Riga was in Turkey!

Lucky for her that she walked, but it still annoys me that they can't find contesants who will take a 50/50 shot at this level. :|

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:03 am

earendel wrote: I knew the answer because I get goods in Riga to deliver to Magnitogorsk (another obscure board game reference).
Okay, I'll ask.

What game is this, ear? Sounds like a Russian version of Rail Baron.

gsabc

#11 Post by gsabc » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:04 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Lucky for her that she walked, but it still annoys me that they can't find contestants who will take a 50/50 shot at this level. :|
I will have to check in with GW again on this one. Back in the day, if I got on the show I had pretty much carte blanche from her to take a reasonable guess up through the $50K level (formerly $64K) and maybe beyond. Her pension debacle has given her a much higher aversion to money risk. The $15K difference between walking and incorrectly answering might be more meaningful to her now.

It would take a very high level of uncertainty before I wouldn't take the shot on my own. If all my lifelines are gone by $25K, though, the confidence level will have dropped significantly. That's a really bad stack for me.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

earendel

#12 Post by earendel » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:14 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote: I knew the answer because I get goods in Riga to deliver to Magnitogorsk (another obscure board game reference).
Okay, I'll ask.

What game is this, ear? Sounds like a Russian version of Rail Baron.
Close - it's called "Russian Rails" and it's one of a series of rail games put out by Mayfair Games. On a map of Russia (from Novosibirsk and Tashkent in the east to the Baltic states in the west) there are a number of cities with commodities. Players build track to connect cities then based on "demand cards" they run the track, picking up goods in one city and dropping them off in another city for cash. The game starts in the Communist era; one of the "event cards" is the fall of Communism, which has an effect on game play (players have to pay money to enter Russia proper from any of the now-independent states (the Baltics, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Turkmenistan, etc.). One of the more profitable runs is to take goods from Riga (or Sevastopol, the other source) to Magnitogorsk.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."