Bored Buddy Book!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

#26 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:13 am

christie1111 wrote:You know, when I thought about this, I didn't mention WWTBAM.

Tells you why I come here and what is important to me.
<sigh>

Some of us still can't give up on that forlorn quest...

Flybrick

#27 Post by Flybrick » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:23 am

Oh, I thought the WWTBAM acronym had morphed into "What would the babe at Macy's" do?

At 34,000 this morning, THANKS!!!

MarleysGh0st

#28 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:08 am

My copy arrived from Amazon, yesterday.

Between this, the other two books I ordered with it, and the books I bought at the Friends of the Library booksale, I'm not going to be short of reading material for a while! :)

Flybrick

#29 Post by Flybrick » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:36 am

Some photos from my book without the 'enhancements' of uly's Beaufighter.....

The cover, artwork was done by the son of one of the flyers who was killed in action. The artist retired recently from Disney's art department.

Nothing politically correct here - a pilot enjoys a well-deserved smoke after a mission......

Changing of the guard - the 'borrowed' British Beaufighter in front is traded in for the US P-61 'Black Widow' night fighter at the back.

MarleysGh0st

#30 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:46 am

Flybrick wrote:The cover, artwork was done by the son of one of the flyers who was killed in action. The artist retired recently from Disney's art department.
Very appropriate that you got him to do the artwork.

Do you know why Amazon is displaying a different cover image than this one?

Flybrick

#31 Post by Flybrick » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:03 am

He had done the painting which is in the USAF's art collection - artists do work on aviation themes and then donate it to the service. When I saw it, I contacted him and he graciously agreed to let me use it.

Yep, I know about the other Amazon artwork. I suspect they (the publisher) commissioned that in-house early in the process when they were setting this up and sent it and the book info to Amazon. They've just never followed up with a correction. If you look on the spind of my book's cover, you'll see a small version of the 'other' art.

Hope it's not disappointing..........and again, thank you so much for getting one. I'd value your feedback if/when you read it.

I'm finishing up my second book on a Desert Storm fighter unit and if I need to change my writing style, it's always good to get that feedback.

MarleysGh0st

#32 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:11 am

Flybrick wrote:Hope it's not disappointing..........and again, thank you so much for getting one. I'd value your feedback if/when you read it.
Not at all disappointing; I just noticed the difference with some surprise when I unpacked the box.

And I'm sorry I never followed through when I was asking about getting the book autographed, back in August. Things came up and I didn't get around to redeeming the discount coupon Amazon had given me for my Harry Potter order. And this time, I had a multi-book order, so I had them all shipped directly to me.

We'll see about getting that autograph the next time there's an audition or other BB get-together down your way. :)

Meanwhile, I'll push the book up to the top of my reading list.