TSU student jailed on bogus Wal-Mart forgery charge

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

TSU student jailed on bogus Wal-Mart forgery charge

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:13 am

Nitra Gipson was charged with felony forgery after the Meyer Park Wal-Mart manager accused her of passing bogus money orders. Thing is, the money orders were legit and had been purchased at Wal-Mart to begin with.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/ ... 7d917.html
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:14 am

This story will make some trial lawyer happy!

gsabc

#3 Post by gsabc » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:18 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:This story will make some trial lawyer happy!
She probably has at least a dozen messages on her answering machine from salivating lawyers. I see a manager in serious need of training on several fronts, not the least of which is how to recognize your own money orders.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:26 am

HOUSTON -- A college student’s trip to Wal-Mart last month ended with her in handcuffs and a two-day stay in the Harris County jail.
O.K. She should now get the rest of her college and grad school paid for.

The cash-strapped college student had just sold her car to pay for her last two semesters at Texas Southern University, where she is studying criminal justice.
She already has her Master's thesis started with real-life 'research'.
But after spending 48 hours behind bars, the damage had already beeen done.
She will (and should rightly) earn about $10,000 an hour for her time.
“Wal-Mart should be held responsible and accountable for letting this child go to jail for two days. All because she was doing what any customer of Wal-Mart should do,” said community activist Quannel X.
Write this down. I agree with Quannel. You will not likely see this agin in your lifefime.
Gipson said Wal-Mart then added insult to injury when she got a letter in the mail.

“I started to read it and thought, ‘Oh my God.’ They are asking me to pay them when it was clearly their mistake,” said Gipson.

The letter demanded Gipson pay Wal-Mart $200 to settle a shoplifting charge. It is a charge that never existed, though.
O.K. make that $20,000 per hour.
When 11 News contacted Wal-Mart officials they said they were looking into the case and would provide no further details.
You wouldn't want to hear the details as it pertains to bodily functions and underwear.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

wintergreen48

Re: TSU student jailed on bogus Wal-Mart forgery charge

#5 Post by wintergreen48 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:58 am

Bob Juch wrote:Nitra Gipson was charged with felony forgery after the Meyer Park Wal-Mart manager accused her of passing bogus money orders. Thing is, the money orders were legit and had been purchased at Wal-Mart to begin with.
Well, that's the problem-- who says that Wal-Mart money orders are 'legit' in the first place??? I think that they are really only good for buying Suavitel and Fabuloso.

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

Re: TSU student jailed on bogus Wal-Mart forgery charge

#6 Post by Evil Squirrel » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:32 am

wintergreen48 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Nitra Gipson was charged with felony forgery after the Meyer Park Wal-Mart manager accused her of passing bogus money orders. Thing is, the money orders were legit and had been purchased at Wal-Mart to begin with.
Well, that's the problem-- who says that Wal-Mart money orders are 'legit' in the first place??? I think that they are really only good for buying Suavitel and Fabuloso.

And squirrel feed!

The 8 lb. bag!

BigDrawMan

#7 Post by BigDrawMan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:01 pm

sounds like one of the more competent walmart employees imo.

I go there 4 times a year, 3 of those times ends in a clusterfuck.