Good luck to anyone auditioning today

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
goongas

Good luck to anyone auditioning today

#1 Post by goongas » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:39 am

I hope to see more :) out of today's sessions!

christie1111
11:11

#2 Post by christie1111 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:53 pm

Not that we 'know' anyone auditioning today.....
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

KillerTomato

#3 Post by KillerTomato » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:13 pm

My "friend" who auditioned today found the movie test to be right up his alley. He did have a slightly more difficult time with the regular test, but he must be a darn good guesser, since he passed both.

He feels the interview went very well...he made the young lady interviewing him laugh several times, and she rewarded him with a second, taped interview with Jen, whomhe also made laugh several times. He indicated that this was the most relaxed and good-feeling-est audition since one he had a couple of years ago for another show, which paid off rather well for him.

Of course, if they have their quota of MAWGs, this all means nada, but he's very happy with how his day went.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:27 pm

KillerTomato wrote:My "friend" who auditioned today found the movie test to be right up his alley. He did have a slightly more difficult time with the regular test, but he must be a darn good guesser, since he passed both.

He feels the interview went very well...he made the young lady interviewing him laugh several times, and she rewarded him with a second, taped interview with Jen, whomhe also made laugh several times. He indicated that this was the most relaxed and good-feeling-est audition since one he had a couple of years ago for another show, which paid off rather well for him.

Of course, if they have their quota of MAWGs, this all means nada, but he's very happy with how his day went.
Congratulations to your friend!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:32 pm

KillerTomato wrote:My "friend" who auditioned today found the movie test to be right up his alley. He did have a slightly more difficult time with the regular test, but he must be a darn good guesser, since he passed both.

I'm very happy for your friend. I would send intense good vibes, if I knew your friend or where those vibes should be aimed.

So, when do I get to meet him?

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#6 Post by kayrharris » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:05 pm

I love these kind of reports! I hope this "friend" gets a call to be on the show very soon. :)
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#7 Post by hermillion » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:28 pm

This group is always available to send woohoos and good vibage to new friends.

We're just swell that way.
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

goongas

#8 Post by goongas » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:30 pm

Congratulations to your friend. I was in the city today too, not at Millionaire though. I am sorry I was not able to make plans to meet with your friend. :lol:

takinover

#9 Post by takinover » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:42 pm

Looking forward to making a video clip of your friend sometime during the next WWTBAM season.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#10 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:53 pm

If this show knows what's good for it, we will see your "friend" very soon, MAWG or not.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Your friend sounds very lucky, KT!

Now for just a little more luck...

ron155

I was at the 10 AM NYC audition, Saturday June 14.

#12 Post by ron155 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:23 pm

Passed the general knowledge; did not pass the movie test (could the pass score for the movie test be higher than that for the general knowledge? I thought I had done pretty well on the movie test). Had the 2 minute interview and then the taped interview. Any sense of percentages of those who pass who get the taped interview? Those who get the taped interview and then get a happy card? Just hoping for the best. Thanks.

peacock2121

#13 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:33 am

Not so sure I would put the word friend in quotes.

Unless, of course, one meant it like that.

NTTIAWWT.

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

Re: I was at the 10 AM NYC audition, Saturday June 14.

#14 Post by frogman042 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:08 am

ron155 wrote:Passed the general knowledge; did not pass the movie test (could the pass score for the movie test be higher than that for the general knowledge? I thought I had done pretty well on the movie test). Had the 2 minute interview and then the taped interview. Any sense of percentages of those who pass who get the taped interview? Those who get the taped interview and then get a happy card? Just hoping for the best. Thanks.
Not sure - I had a the 2nd (video) interview and got the :D card that I'm in the pool - I haven't seen a case where someone in this season got in the pool without the video interview - my sense is that it is a good thing you had the 2nd interview.

Bob78164 is maintaining a list of those who auditioned, passed/failed the written test, and got the :D or :( card and I believe he will note if they get a call to be taped. I was wondering if he would consider whether to note if a 2nd video interview or not was done as well, I think that might be a useful stat to track.

Bob, your thoughts on this?

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#15 Post by frogman042 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:10 am

<SNIP>

Maybe you can ask you friend to post here so they can be tracked on the audition list?

slam

Re: I was at the 10 AM NYC audition, Saturday June 14.

#16 Post by slam » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:44 am

ron155 wrote:Passed the general knowledge; did not pass the movie test (could the pass score for the movie test be higher than that for the general knowledge? I thought I had done pretty well on the movie test). Had the 2 minute interview and then the taped interview. Any sense of percentages of those who pass who get the taped interview? Those who get the taped interview and then get a happy card? Just hoping for the best. Thanks.
From observations at one audition, it looked to be about 1/4 to 1/3 of the test passers who got the 2nd taped interview. That increases one's chances dramatically of getting the happy card, of course, but my very rough estimate is that one is still a big underdog to get the happy card. I'd say that the chances of getting a happy card are somewhere in the 20% to 40% range after getting a taped interview. I know that's a very rough estimate, but with this limited information, that's the best I can do.

MarleysGh0st

#17 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:49 am

frogman042 wrote:

<SNIP>

Maybe you can ask you friend to post here so they can be tracked on the audition list?
Bob already has his "friend" on the list.

And it's just possible that KT is a little paranoid about TPTB reading this and is really talking about himself. :wink:

KillerTomato

#18 Post by KillerTomato » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:40 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
And it's just possible that KT is a little paranoid about TPTB reading this and is really talking about himself.
Oh that doesn't sound like me at all.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

MarleysGh0st

#19 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:48 am

KillerTomato wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
And it's just possible that KT is a little paranoid about TPTB reading this and is really talking about himself.
Oh that doesn't sound like me at all.
Sorry. My mistake.