Trevor - you still on J this Monday?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#51 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:56 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
frogman042 wrote:
So is Jeff Suchard a former contestent on J! and came in 2nd by $1 or r u refering to the QoD Jeopardy games?
He played a very strong game against Ken Jennings.
yes. He was Kennon fodder. Ken was lucky to win.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#52 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:46 am

frogman042 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
frogman042 wrote:
Spoiler
Day 3 and still going strong! Congrats and Wow! BTW, do you ever feel guilty about those you defeat? Some of the players have been really strong as well and could easily be a champion - it would be nice if there was some runner-up tourny for those who perform well against a champion to give them a second shot.
Paging Jeff Suchard. Jeff Suchard, to Podium 2, please. --Bob
So is Jeff Suchard a former contestent on J! and came in 2nd by $1 or r u refering to the QoD Jeopardy games?
Not only is he a former contestant, but he's pretty cute too!

earendel

#53 Post by earendel » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:48 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
frogman042 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Paging Jeff Suchard. Jeff Suchard, to Podium 2, please. --Bob
You're just saying that because you sleep with him! :wink:
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

earendel

#54 Post by earendel » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:53 am

Well done, Dave! I was afraid you were running out of steam since you went quiet for such a long period during the DJ round. If I may ask about the other contestants, I'm puzzled as to how LucyAnne got on the show - she seemed too low-key and didn't "keep the game going" as auditioners are reminded over and over again during the search process. However once she got going she did very well, but she didn't seem all that animated.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

NellyLunatic1980

#55 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:44 am

Don't lose steam now! I wanna see you get past the $125,000 mark this time. :D

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#56 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:42 am

earendel wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
frogman042 wrote: So is Jeff Suchard a former contestent on J! and came in 2nd by $1 or r u refering to the QoD Jeopardy games?
You're just saying that because you sleep with him! :wink:
:)

Kazoo65

#57 Post by Kazoo65 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:54 am

I've been enjoying watching J! this week. It's neat to see a BB doing so well!

I was a LITTLE worried during last night's DJ round, when LucyAnn started picking up steam. I thought maybe she'd catch up and beat you-but that didn't happen!

I'll be tuning in tonight.
I'm just a game show nerd.

megaaddict

#58 Post by megaaddict » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:40 am

Spoiler
WTG PD!

Your play is superb, but I'm beginning to think someone is looking out for you as well given that both your opponents wagers last night would have allowed you to win a Triple Stumper.

Still, I have a bad feeling about Sven for some reason...

But at this point, you'll always be (at the very least) a THREE-time Jeopardy champion! Awesome!!

Bob Juch

#59 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:52 am

megaaddict wrote:
Spoiler
WTG PD!

Your play is superb, but I'm beginning to think someone is looking out for you as well given that both your opponents wagers last night would have allowed you to win a Triple Stumper.

Still, I have a bad feeling about Sven for some reason...

But at this point, you'll always be (at the very least) a THREE-time Jeopardy champion! Awesome!!
Spoiler
Sven won't be on until Monday.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#60 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:53 am

I'm hoping PD will be the first of many BBs to do well this year!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

trevor_macfee

#61 Post by trevor_macfee » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:17 am

So, the adventure continues. Last night I didn't get to watch until 9:30 because of my kids' swim meet, tonight I'll be out of town at a state-wide church meeting but will excuse myself during J! and watch in my hotel room.

Life goes on, even for the J! Champion. As it should.

The blog is updated. Enjoy.

http://pdonjeopardy.blogspot.com/

ghostjmf

#62 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:20 am

Hope you won yesterday; unfortunately, the local station thought soccer was more important. Well, I'll watch today & find out one way or another, & maybe they'll show the bumped show on Saturday in the same time slot; they otherwise show old shows there, but they sometimes show bumped ones.

I was able to figure out why they used to bump J! for baseball, but soccer?

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#63 Post by kayrharris » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:27 pm

Spoiler
You had me worried there for a bit and some real stiff competition, but coming through in the end is what matters! Keep up the good work!
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

VAdame

#64 Post by VAdame » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:53 pm

Dave-- I just finally took a look at your blog. Is your J! appearance now the result of the Philly auditions in May of 2006?? What group were you in? I was there in the Tuesday Noon group. I guess I didn't know you then or I certainly would have said Hi!

Now I'm getting another chance -- DC on July 29 :) Here's hoping we'll see lots & lots of BB's on the show in days to come.

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#65 Post by hermillion » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:39 pm

Spoiler
So, did you just want to switch it up a bit and give us a scare?? :D

You're still way too much fun to watch. I'll be tuned in again tomorrow (and tomorrow and tomorrow . . . )

N
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

AlphaDummy
Mr. Top Ten

#66 Post by AlphaDummy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:12 am

I just have to ask...
Spoiler
Were the Jeopardy All-Stars there to conduct some sort of initiation ritual? :D

You've already filled one DVD. Don't worry...I've got more. Plenty more, if need be.

Excellent job thus far!
"Again" - Herb Brooks (as played by Kurt Russell)

MarleysGh0st

#67 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:17 am

Spoiler
Wow! I thought Kew was going to be the end of you. There was all those triple-stumpers being left on the table and I was yelling out the answers to you and you never heard me! :shock:

But I guess you wanted to try all the variations of victory: lock games, competitive come from behind games, and now a betting low from second place on triple stumper game!

Now do them again! 8)

trevor_macfee

#68 Post by trevor_macfee » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:21 am

Only have a minute - I snuck out of the meeting I'm supposed to be in this morning to update my blog (http://pdonjeopardy.blogspot.com/). Just wanted to let those of you following the saga know.

As I wrote on the J! Message Board, believe me I know how fortunate (blessed) I was to win last night. Kew was one heck of a player, and so was Kara (if not for the unfortunate "Iwo Jima" she'd have been right in the thick of things).

Gotta run back to the boredom of the meeting.

tlynn78

#69 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:50 am

Spoiler
this has been a great week to watch -- you scared me last night, but I was delighted at the outcome. Onward!

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

ontellen
FNGD Forum Moderator

#70 Post by ontellen » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Very good game last night and I was so glad you didn't bet much on the question.
Spoiler
My hubby nearly fell off the couch when I came up with Coca-Cola. I think it was the year that gave it to me - it was the only answer I could even think of.

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#71 Post by hermillion » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Spoiler
Well, drat! :)

This was such a fun week to watch! Congratulations on a great run, and I hope you had an absolute blast. Were you able to take a bunch of photos of you and Alex, and the Big Three?

Can't wait to read the rest of the blog.
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

silverscreenselect

#72 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:23 am

Spoiler
Great week on the show there and especialy good betting strategy on the Thursday FJ question. It's a shame you were in second place with such a bunny FJ question today. Still, four days champ with a lot of money won is a great accomplishment.

Catfish

#73 Post by Catfish » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:49 am

Spoiler
Kudos on a great run! It seems you were beat by a worthy opponent. She had a most excellent game.
Catfish

trevor_macfee

#74 Post by trevor_macfee » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:01 pm

How sad to be yesterday's news. I've been unstickied!! (I'm kidding - I was surprised this thread got stickied in the first place.)

Just wanted to let everyone who's been following that the blog is updated. http://www.pdonjeopardy.blogspot.com/

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#75 Post by silvercamaro » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:13 pm

trevor_macfee wrote:How sad to be yesterday's news. I've been unstickied!! (I'm kidding - I was surprised this thread got stickied in the first place.)

Just wanted to let everyone who's been following that the blog is updated. http://www.pdonjeopardy.blogspot.com/
Congratulations on your great run. No doubt you can be returned to Sticky status during the Tournament of Champions. I will look forward to watching that, too!