Transcript 6/13/2008 - Stacie Griggs

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 6/13/2008 - Stacie Griggs

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:54 am

Stacie Griggs
Amarillo, TX

Stacie comes out shouting, "I'm so excited to be here!" Without further ado, they go right to the stack.

$100 - According to the State Department, what song "is invariably played on Independence Day" in the U.S.?

A - Over the Rainbow
B - The Star-Spangled Banner
C - Auld Lang Syne
D - The Thong Song

$200 - A series of PEZ candy dispensers, Hippity Hoppities includes a dispenser featuring the head of what animal?

A - elephant
B - turtle
C - rabbit
D - snake

$300 - What U.S. state is home to a women's soccer league whose teams include the Desert Divas and the Phoenix Fever?

A - Massachusetts
B - Arizona
C - Alaska
D - Minnesota

Stacie's father lives in Arizona and she'd be in big trouble if she missed this one.

$500 - Jay Leno voices a character named "Jay Limo" in what popular animated movie?

A - Ratatouille
B - Over the Hedge
C - Barnyard
D - Cars

$1K - Which of these offenses can be committed simply by speaking?

A - arson
B - burglary
C - vandalism
D - slander

Commercial break

Stacie is a stay-at-home mom.

$2K - The 2007 TV drama "K-Ville" features two police officers fighting to reclaim the streets in what U.S. city?

A - Baltimore
B - Detroit
C - New Orleans
D - Oakland

At first Stacie didn't think she knew the but now that she sees what's on the board she has a pretty good idea so she asks for the 50/50, which leaves "B" and "D".

THE HORN!!!!!

Stacie will be back on Monday.

ANSWERS:
$100 - B (The Star-Spangled Banner)
$200 - C (rabbit)
$300 - B (Arizona)
$500 - D (Cars)
$1K - D (slander)
$2K - C (New Orleans)

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 6/13/2008 - Stacie Griggs

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:32 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K - The 2007 TV drama "K-Ville" features two police officers fighting to reclaim the streets in what U.S. city?

A - Baltimore
B - Detroit
C - New Orleans
D - Oakland

At first Stacie didn't think she knew the but now that she sees what's on the board she has a pretty good idea so she asks for the 50/50, which leaves "B" and "D".

ANSWERS:
$2K - C (New Orleans)
Sure looks like TPTB manipulated this 50/50 answer! :twisted:

So is there a particular neighborhood or something connected with the "K-Ville" name? I was clueless about this one.

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:58 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K - The 2007 TV drama "K-Ville" features two police officers fighting to reclaim the streets in what U.S. city?

A - Baltimore
B - Detroit
C - New Orleans
D - Oakland

ANSWERS:
$2K - C (New Orleans)

So is there a particular neighborhood or something connected with the "K-Ville" name? I was clueless about this one.
The "K" is for Katrina.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:08 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

A - Baltimore
B - Detroit
C - New Orleans
D - Oakland

ANSWERS:
$2K - C (New Orleans)

The "K" is for Katrina.
Oh.

Wouldn't that make more sense if the hero of the show was some sort of building contractor or construction worker trying to "reclaim" the city?

Not that building contractors fighting to get a truckload of sheetrock delivered on time make it into too many TV scripts. :P

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#5 Post by kayrharris » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:23 pm

I've never heard of this either and am not sure I would have made the Katrina connection. My mind just wasn't going there.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#6 Post by sunflower » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:37 pm

I definitely wouldn't have made the connection. I watch a lot of tv and never heard of that show before...what channel was it on??? Did it have a lot of episodes or was it cancelled?

Hotseat Or Bust!
Bored Hottie

#7 Post by Hotseat Or Bust! » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:44 pm

sunflower wrote:I definitely wouldn't have made the connection. I watch a lot of tv and never heard of that show before...what channel was it on??? Did it have a lot of episodes or was it cancelled?
I also watch a lot of television, not to mention read TV Guide cover to cover each week, and don't recall ever hearing about this program. Kind of obscure for this level question.

TheConfessor

#8 Post by TheConfessor » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Hotseat Or Bust! wrote:
sunflower wrote:I definitely wouldn't have made the connection. I watch a lot of tv and never heard of that show before...what channel was it on??? Did it have a lot of episodes or was it cancelled?
I also watch a lot of television, not to mention read TV Guide cover to cover each week, and don't recall ever hearing about this program. Kind of obscure for this level question.
I watch very little network TV and I never saw K-Ville, but I knew it was about New Orleans, just from all the articles about the new fall TV season. This episode of WWTBAM was probably taped during a period of peak publicity for the show, which has been cancelled by FOX after they aired 11 episodes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-Ville_(TV_series)

I agree that it was probably harder than the average $2K question, for most people.

NellyLunatic1980

#9 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:08 am

Nihil obstat® so far.

earendel

#10 Post by earendel » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:01 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Stacie Griggs
Amarillo, TX

Stacie comes out shouting, "I'm so excited to be here!" Without further ado, they go right to the stack.
She said this same thing after the commercial break. I'm glad she's excited.

A - Baltimore
B - Detroit
C - New Orleans
D - Oakland

Never saw an episode but knew the premise. Meredith mentioned that the "K" in "K-Ville" stood for "Katrina".

Nihil obstat® so far.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#11 Post by frogman042 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:46 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:

A - Baltimore
B - Detroit
C - New Orleans
D - Oakland

ANSWERS:
$2K - C (New Orleans)

Does anybody know what the actual 50/50 left since the correct answer wasn't B or D? Or were they really that evil?