Happy Dad's Day to the Bored Dad's

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
a1mamacat

Happy Dad's Day to the Bored Dad's

#1 Post by a1mamacat » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:23 am

Hope you enjoy the garish ties, personalized mugs, and being allowed to think you are right for the whoooooole day.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:48 am

We bought Jeff a new BBQ for Father's Day.

It was supposed to be delivered from 2p to 6p yesterday.

I waited around and nothing happened. I called the store and they said, it would be there.

I went to bed early and got a call at 11:00 p.m. that they wanted to deliver the grill. I said ok. They got here around 11:50 and I gave them a flashlight and turned on the back porch light.

I assumed that the grill would be already put together and they would wheel it into my backyard and hook it up to the natural gas outlet.

No, they put it together in my yard and then installed it.

They didn't leave until 2:00 a.m.

I hope that we were the last delivery.

mellytu74

#3 Post by mellytu74 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:56 am

Happy Father's Day.

Later today, I will listen to the Phillies and tip back a Schmidt's in honor of The Handsome Feeney Driscoll (THFD), who will be gone 25 years in July.

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:36 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:We bought Jeff a new BBQ for Father's Day.

It was supposed to be delivered from 2p to 6p yesterday.

I waited around and nothing happened. I called the store and they said, it would be there.

I went to bed early and got a call at 11:00 p.m. that they wanted to deliver the grill. I said ok. They got here around 11:50 and I gave them a flashlight and turned on the back porch light.

I assumed that the grill would be already put together and they would wheel it into my backyard and hook it up to the natural gas outlet.

No, they put it together in my yard and then installed it.

They didn't leave until 2:00 a.m.

I hope that we were the last delivery.
That's incredible dedication by those deliverymen to make good the store's promise. Despite whatever screw-up caused the late delivery, you ought to praise them to the store owner/manager.

ne1410s

#5 Post by ne1410s » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:26 pm

Younger son, the prison guar...er "Correctional Officer, took us to Appleby's for lunch. Elder son called me from Mazar-e-sharif, Afghanistan. It was 103 degrees when they arose this morning and the thermometer, at the compound, stopped at 142. Methinks the thermometer is not in the shade. Nonetheless...
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

clem21
Nose Exploder

#6 Post by clem21 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:52 pm

Argh.
I went over to my parents place today to drop off my card for Father's Day. What you must understand is that my family is extremely competitive in who can deliver the funniest , most original, and possibly most insane card to the recipient. My card was particularly good today but when I went over I saw on the table lo and behold, my sister and brother-in-law (who live out in Far Rockaway had delivered the exact same card! What are the odds?! My dad of course loved that our family had the exact same sense of humor wherever we are and he was thrilled. So conflict was avoided by Dad on Father's Day. But I told my sister afterwards that my personal inscription was better :wink:

peacock2121

#7 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:57 am

I wish my dad lived closer.

I am grateful he still lives.

jaybee

#8 Post by jaybee » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:29 am

The bad news: I had to work a 12 hour day on dads day, continuing a 16 hour day from Saturday. The primary contractor and his subs bailed on one of the TV show projects that is set to start taping at 8 am this morning.

The good news: To get everything done I had to call on my 'emergency crew' - my two older sons. The boys put in a full, hard days work. The project got completed. Both made some major $$$ and did a fine job - I am quite proud of them.

Best Fathers day gift I could get.
Jaybee

earendel

#9 Post by earendel » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:14 am

I had a great Father's Day - all four of my kids were present and we went to The Cheesecake Factory. No garish ties, but some very touching cards.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Tocqueville3

#10 Post by Tocqueville3 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:07 am

We got David one of those recordable cards with Indiana Jones on it. I got the girls to record "Happy Father's Day" but mostly what they did was giggle.

I think David must have opened the card 50 times yesterday and he took it to work with him this morning.

After church, we went to his favorite restaurant that has a kiddie menu. Sal and Mookies. Since we went to early church we beat the rush!! Olivia sat in her highchair and dint fuss once. Her not fussing was a bigger gift to me than it was to David.

fantine33

#11 Post by fantine33 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:54 am

peacock2121 wrote:I wish my dad lived closer.

I am grateful he still lives.
I'm glad that you said this and I like that you feel that way. It would be my wish that everybody would be grateful for that.

Every day is a gift, not just Father's Day.