top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by earendel » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:34 am

Yesterday was pretty much a total mess at work - I came in to find problems that started on Friday and were evidently caused by our new "most efficient organization". As I was given the story, they were replacing some equipment that had been damaged by a power surge that hit the building the previous weekend and somehow managed to lose some of the data on the server, including the Active Directory that enables us to connect remotely to our database, along with e-mail problems and other things. About midday we received word that the repairs were ongoing and could take several days to complete. Fortunately the database connectivity issue was resolved but there are other issues, particularly with e-mail, that are still cropping up.

The good news is that our weather has taken a turn for the better, with lower humidity and lower temperatures for the next few days. After that, however, the weekend and the next week promises to be back to the "triple-H" of haze, heat and humidity. But who cares? elwing and I shall be in Alaska.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."