What was your favorite Halloween costume?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fuzzywuzzy

Re: Gotta share this with somebody!

#26 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:39 am

[quote="fuzzywuzzy"]This could be any time that you have dressed up for Halloween, not, just as a child!

As we got older, we decided to make our costumes...

Before this happened...

The year I was in kindergarten, my baby brother was in the hospital with some nasty illness (coughing and the like). This was right before Halloween. Therefore, there was NO way he was going to go Trick-or-Treating!

That year, I was a bride. Remember those awful plastic masks :x , that the elastic was too tight on your head and face. And, your face would sweat, and you felt like you couldn't get enough air thru the little mouth hole!

My brother only got to go to my Nana's home, and then bakc to our house. He was the cutest Capser the Friendly Ghost.

So, here I am at 5 years old, carrying 2 big Halloween shopping bags! One for me, and one for little brother.

Hey, if the illness didn't kill him, death by chocolate may work! :?

Those bags were big...made of thick paper, with the terrible handles that gauged your hands.

Ah, the good ol' days!

Of nonflameretardant costumes, red dye in the candy, and enough transfats in the treats to sink a ship!

How did we survive?

fuzzy 8)
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

Re: Gotta share this with somebody!

#27 Post by minimetoo26 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:57 am

fuzzywuzzy wrote:

Ah, the good ol' days!

Of nonflameretardant costumes, red dye in the candy, and enough transfats in the treats to sink a ship!

How did we survive?

fuzzy 8)
Someone decided to put an article in today's paper with the nutritional content of a bag of Halloween candy. Killjoy. I thought, who gives a flying....

Like they say in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy.

tlynn78

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:19 am

Once, I wore an old skirt of my mom's and blouse of my grandmother's, a couple of scarves and tons of jewelry and went as a gypsy.
Oh, I did a gypsy costume once, too. That was fun. We dressed up often in my single, Atlanta days.
We are a creative bunch around here. I love the Flying Monkey. I just recently acquired an absolutely wonderful door stop for my office door. It is two feet encased in black and white striped socks and ruby slippers. It has generated a lot of "I hated the Flying Moinkeys" comments. I had no idea people were so freaked out by them, either. I don't remember being bothered by them at all.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#29 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:56 am

Bixby17 wrote: The Nancy Kerrigan one was pretty good. When that was big news, if I wore my hair in a bun and wore red lipstick, I would get Kerrigan remarks.
It's a pity I didn't know you the year I was Tonya Harding. I bought a blonde wig that year, but mostly I have these ice skates that I hardly ever get to wear.... Skate guards meant I could walk around in them, and I spent a lot of time tying the laces that Halloween.

tlynn78

#30 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:12 am

I thought, who gives a flying....

monkey?

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#31 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:51 am

Back in, 1977 or 78? maybe, one of my good friends and I attended a party together. I was 25, 26, she a year or so younger. She went as Flo, the waitress from Alice-skirt up to her buttcheeks, the handkerchief on the breast, hair, the whole thing. And she's quite gorgeous, by the way.

I recycled a cerulean blue velvet formal with silver piping around the neck and wrists. Yes, I know. It was stunning. I had made it for a college frat function a few years past, a function at which I never arrived because my date got hammered and threw up all over the bathroom and me.

So, what better use for an urped dress than Miss Piggy? I also had rhinestone based false eyelashes, pig nose, pig ears, and we thought it would be great fun to drive around and visit 7-11's en route to the party in costume. We were sober at the time. I just remember having tunnel vision with the eyelashes that kept half falling off and my nose was constantly sweaty and gunky feeling from the pig snout.

Good times. The expressions on peeps' faces at stoplights was fun. I don't even remember if the party was any good. If it was the one where the guy was the giant tampax, it was a good party.
Well, then