I'm so happy!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Shade

I'm so happy!

#1 Post by Shade » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:20 pm

Today I was in the audience of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire again, and it just happened to be NetFlix movie week, so everyone in the audience, including myself got 1 year FREE subscription to Netflix!!! :) Not only that when they were throwing T-shirts into the audience I managed to get one, but that wasn't even the best part of the night. There is a comedian that keeps us hyped up and entertained, well he asked if there were any questions and I got his attention and asked "Can I say hello to Meredith" I was a little nervous asking this question because I'm kind of shy. The reason I asked this is that Meredith is usually talking to one of the producers during commercials and breaks, so she is sitting there not talking to the audience. Also, I LOVE when I am able to get a celebrity to talk to me or acknowledge my existence just for a moment. So when I asked, he tapped Meredith on the shoulder and said "That guy wants to say 'Hi' to you". So she looked, directly at me!! :) and I waved and said "Hi Meredith" she waved back, smiled and said "Hello" she also asked me a question, I think it was "Where are you from?" but before I could answer the whole audience started yelling their hellos too. But the important thing is Meredith said Hello to ME. 8-)

The bad news is, I didn't pass the audition test, but my dad's friend sue did, so there is a chance she'll get on the show. I really thought I was going to pass that time, I felt good about it.

Anyway, I had a great time and thanks for reading :)

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:26 pm

I'm sorry you didn't pass the test, Shade, but don't let that worry you. Lots of people are non-passers on their first try. I am delighted that you've already succeeded at the most important part of the process -- having fun. Meredith is indeed a nice person. Congrats, too, on the NetFlix subscription and the t-shirt. Keep smiling!

Good luck to your dad's friend.
Last edited by silvercamaro on Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a1mamacat

#3 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:27 pm

Excellent day for you.

Let us know about your dad's friend, and we'll fire up the ole cheering section.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Shade

#4 Post by Shade » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:31 pm

a1mamacat wrote:Excellent day for you.

Let us know about your dad's friend, and we'll fire up the ole cheering section.
Yup, I'll let you know. She is really smart, but I'm not sure how photogenic she is.
silvercamaro wrote:I'm sorry you didn't pass the test, Shade, but don't let that worry you. Lots of people are non-passers on their first try. I am delighted that you've already succeeded at the most important part of the process -- having fun. Meredith is indeed a nice person. Congrats, too, on the NetFlix subscription and the t-shirt. Keep smiling!

Good luck to your dad's friend.
Actually...it was my second time (I had a better time this time than last time) :oops:

But I did have fun, third times a charm :D

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#5 Post by cindy.wellman » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:21 pm

Goodness, I agree that does sound like an exciting day!

I'm impressed that you caught a t-shirt because I can never catch those t-shirts when they are being thrown. What does your's have on it?

YAY for your Netflix subscription! I'm a faithful fan of their company. Have you ever used Netflix prior to now?

peacock2121

#6 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:52 am

I love it when people are so happy!

Probably my favorite thing.

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:30 am

Sorry about non-passing the test, Shade, but I'm glad you're happy with the rest of the day.
cindy.wellman wrote: I'm impressed that you caught a t-shirt because I can never catch those t-shirts when they are being thrown. What does your's have on it?
They've gotten stingy with the shirts, lately. There was a time when they'd hand out enough for everybody in the audience. I've got a bunch--usually wear them to the gym.

christie1111
11:11

#8 Post by christie1111 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:31 am

cindy.wellman wrote: I'm impressed that you caught a t-shirt because I can never catch those t-shirts when they are being thrown.
Yeah, I never got a T-shirt either.

One time the two peeps I was with both got one and I didn't. Okay, they came from further away. But then they both ended up winning some serious money eventually.

You know who you are!

:P
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

peacock2121

#9 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:39 am

Uh oh.

Was one of them me?

I have such a bad memory about who I saw shows with.

I have BAM shirts coming out my butt.

peacock2121

#10 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:39 am

It can't be me - I didn't come from further.

sigh of relief

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#11 Post by Rexer25 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:42 am

peacock2121 wrote: I have BAM shirts coming out my butt.
OK, not only is that a bad visual, but it sounds rather painful as well.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

Shade

#12 Post by Shade » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:47 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Sorry about non-passing the test, Shade, but I'm glad you're happy with the rest of the day.
cindy.wellman wrote: I'm impressed that you caught a t-shirt because I can never catch those t-shirts when they are being thrown. What does your's have on it?
They've gotten stingy with the shirts, lately. There was a time when they'd hand out enough for everybody in the audience. I've got a bunch--usually wear them to the gym.
Yeah, my Dad's friend Sue went to the show a few years back and everyone got a shirt. the Comedian kept say "if you don't get one it's no big deal, they are like 2 dollar shirt" My question would be (but I didn't say this) "If they are only two dollar why not give everyone a shirt!"
cindy.wellman wrote:Goodness, I agree that does sound like an exciting day!

I'm impressed that you caught a t-shirt because I can never catch those t-shirts when they are being thrown. What does your's have on it?

YAY for your Netflix subscription! I'm a faithful fan of their company. Have you ever used Netflix prior to now?
Yeah, I think it was because I was talking to one of the stage hands before hand about wanted a T-shirt and I think she may of been the one to throw it to me. I can't be sure.

No, this is the first time I've ever had a Net flix subscription
MarleysGh0st wrote:Sorry about non-passing the test, Shade, but I'm glad you're happy with the rest of the day.
Passing that test would of made that evening perfect , oh well.
Last edited by Shade on Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

peacock2121

#13 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:48 am

In the Peacock household, whenever we have an extraordinary amount of anything on hand (tuna, string beans, minced clams), we say we have them coming out our butt.

It's all Sting's fault.

gsabc

#14 Post by gsabc » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:15 am

peacock2121 wrote:In the Peacock household, whenever we have an extraordinary amount of anything on hand (tuna, string beans, minced clams), we say we have them coming out our butt.
This is an even WORSE image. Especially the string beans. Evokes the memory of the cat I owned when I got married and his first encounter with tree tinsel.
It's all Sting's fault.
Sure, blame the guy. Although I must admit that phrases like this do tend to be a guy thing.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#15 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:58 am

A few years ago Jeff and I went to several tapings in several days. At each taping we got several shirts, so we have quite a few.

We also have Meridith Money, Gold goins with Meridith's picture on it.

Odyssey
Flower Girl

I didn't get a shirt on Monday

#16 Post by Odyssey » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:58 am

I did not catch a shirt on Monday's taping, despite sitting in the first row. They only threw out 4 T-shirts for the entire audience!!
Odyssey

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

Re: I didn't get a shirt on Monday

#17 Post by minimetoo26 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:04 am

Odyssey wrote:I did not catch a shirt on Monday's taping, despite sitting in the first row. They only threw out 4 T-shirts for the entire audience!!
So, they're picking contestants who won't win much money, and cheaping out on the goods to boot!

I wonder if any of us won the thousand bucks they were giving away...

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#18 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:05 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
Odyssey wrote:I did not catch a shirt on Monday's taping, despite sitting in the first row. They only threw out 4 T-shirts for the entire audience!!
So, they're picking contestants who won't win much money, and cheaping out on the goods to boot!

I wonder if any of us won the thousand bucks they were giving away...
Maybe they gave out too many shirts early in the season and have to scale back on how many they give out until the season ends.

MarleysGh0st

#19 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:32 am

minimetoo26 wrote:I wonder if any of us won the thousand bucks they were giving away...
We'll find out next week!

MarleysGh0st

#20 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:33 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote: Maybe they gave out too many shirts early in the season and have to scale back on how many they give out until the season ends.
Nope. I was there on the second taping day of the season and they were stingy then, too. The generous days ended a couple seasons ago, IIRC.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#21 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:59 pm

peacock2121 wrote:
Judging by your new avatar, the pictorial proof was evidently snapped just a bit early, then
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#22 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:06 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:
Judging by your new avatar, the pictorial proof was evidently snapped just a bit early, then

ladysoleil

#23 Post by ladysoleil » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:30 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote: Maybe they gave out too many shirts early in the season and have to scale back on how many they give out until the season ends.
Nope. I was there on the second taping day of the season and they were stingy then, too. The generous days ended a couple seasons ago, IIRC.
Next they'll start collecting the pencils after the test...

I gave a bunch of shirts to Goodwill a while ago, probably should have thought to see if anyone here wanted them first. They're just too big for me. I racked up several in my first year's attempt to tilt at the windmill. I still try to catch one now and then but usually it's to hand off to someone who actually wants it.

I'm really not sure what to do with my collection of Play-It couture, either. I've worn my jacket all of three times thus far and I am not a polo shirt kind of girl. The pins I'm keeping though, despite the temptation to see what I could get on ebay for a completed set.

MarleysGh0st

#24 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:46 pm

ladysoleil wrote: I'm really not sure what to do with my collection of Play-It couture, either. I've worn my jacket all of three times thus far and I am not a polo shirt kind of girl. The pins I'm keeping though, despite the temptation to see what I could get on ebay for a completed set.
The Play It shirts and hats are useful if you're going to meet another BB for the first time and want something instantly identifiable, but otherwise they're not something that really fits in for normal wear, are they? Particularly now that they don't even have the attraction any more.

I haven't checked on the eBay prices for the pins and stuff lately. They never came close to the official value, IIRC. I wonder if they have gone up any since "they don't make them anymore"?

ladysoleil

#25 Post by ladysoleil » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:56 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote: The Play It shirts and hats are useful if you're going to meet another BB for the first time and want something instantly identifiable, but otherwise they're not something that really fits in for normal wear, are they? Particularly now that they don't even have the attraction any more.

I haven't checked on the eBay prices for the pins and stuff lately. They never came close to the official value, IIRC. I wonder if they have gone up any since "they don't make them anymore"?
Most of the stuff wasn't girl-friendly, which was my objection. I tend to be a skirt and nice top sort of person, so it's all too casual for me. Jeans and polos are generally worn for running to the market or cleaning house and that's about it. I wouldn't be caught dead in a baseball cap if I could help it.

Someone asked what I'd take in trade for my million point pin at the parks a couple of trips ago, but I didn't ask what they would offer for it because I wasn't interested in parting with it. I've actually removed it from my pin lanyard since then, because I don't want to be asked. If I were a pin trader I'd probably do well with the higher value pins, but I think most people have given up on the fantasy of completing that particular pin set by now.