Transcript 06/23/08 Jason Coletta

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 06/23/08 Jason Coletta

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:16 pm

With guest host Leeza Gibbons

Jason Coletta
Malverne, NY

Jason is a little sleep deprived. He has three children at home, all under twenty months.

$100 In 2006, TV’s “The Simpsons” picked up its ninth Emmy in what category?
A. Best Drama
B. Best Animated Program
C. Best Game Show
D. Best D’oh!

$200 An annual event since 1963, the World Santa Claus Congress requires entrants to don what accessory?
A. White beard
B. False eyelashes
C. Pointy ears
D. Nose ring

$300 Since his death, which of Albert Einstein’s organs has been the subject of at least three scientific studies?
A. Appendix
B. Liver
C. Brain
D. Heart

$500 In its mission statement, what national chain vows to “support drivers with fast, quality preventive maintenance service”?
A. Foot Locker
B. Jiffy Lube
C. Staples
D. Quiznos

$1K The Conquistadors were a group of sixteenth-century New World adventurers native to what European country?
A. Spain
B. France
C. Germany
D. Norway

$2K After buying Barry Bonds’ record home-run ball in 2007, designer Marc Echo announced that he would brand it with what symbol?
A. Exclamation point
B. Number sign
C. Parenthesis
D. Asterisk

ATA

14% A. Exclamation point
7% B. Number sign
3% C. Parenthesis
76% D. Asterisk

$4K The title of the 2007 indie film “The Darjeeling Limited” refers to what type of vehicle?
A. Cruise ship
B. Train
C. Jumbo jet
D. Bus

50/50 leaves A. Cruise ship and B. Train.

commercial break

Jason would like to win enough to keep his mother-in-law from moving in with his family. He says that she has been threatening to do it if he didn’t pick up the pace.

$8K In cheesemaking, stacking and flipping cheese curds in order to drain them is called what?
A. Muenstering
B. Roqueforting
C. Parmesaning
D. Cheddaring

PAF – Janet, Jason’s mother-in-law

Janet is not sure. She thinks it’s either A or B.

Jason makes A. Munestering his final answer.
Jason leaves with $1K.

Answers:
$100 B. Best Animated Program
$200 A. White beard
$300 C. Brain
$500 B. Jiffy Lube
$1K A. Spain
$2K D. Asterisk
$4K B. Train
$8K D. Cheddaring

Kazoo65

#2 Post by Kazoo65 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:35 pm

OK, did ANYBODY here know the answer to the $8K question about cheesemaking??? I didn't.
I guess it was one of those WWOQs designed to keep the prize budget low. When it came up, I t hought "Who knows this???" I doubt the audience would, and 50/50 probably wouldn't help me. PaF and hope for a good Googler.
I'm just a game show nerd.

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:40 pm

Kazoo65 wrote:OK, did ANYBODY here know the answer to the $8K question about cheesemaking??? I didn't.
I guess it was one of those WWOQs designed to keep the prize budget low. When it came up, I t hought "Who knows this???" I doubt the audience would, and 50/50 probably wouldn't help me. PaF and hope for a good Googler.
You're from cheese country and didn't know it?! (Yes, Michigan is right up there with Wisconsin.) You either know it or you don't, I suppose.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#4 Post by sunflower » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:40 pm

I actually did, but only because I went to VT a few weeks ago and watched cheese being made and read all the signs on the steps in the process.

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:41 pm

Kazoo65 wrote:OK, did ANYBODY here know the answer to the $8K question about cheesemaking??? I didn't.
I agree that it's a WWOQ, but I knew it. Don't ask me from where or how, though. This is one of my "WHY do you know that?" questions.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

slam

#6 Post by slam » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:59 pm

I certainly didn't know the right response, but I had a very strong feeling that "cheddaring" was the right answer. My feeling was simply based on the combination of the "sound" of the words and the level of the clue. Given the level and that this was a very unlikely bit of knowledge to know, I suspected that there would be a way to figure it out. Cheddaring sounds much better as a verb than the other 3 choices (though I admit, that muenstering also sounds significantly better than the remaining two). If someone held a gun to my head and said pick one (no Lifeline allowed), I would have gone with cheddaring and felt that there was a much better than 50% chance of getting it right.

In practice, of course, I would have probably used a Lifeline (50/50 seems like the right one here) in order to increase my chances of getting it right.

ontellen
FNGD Forum Moderator

#7 Post by ontellen » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:19 pm

I too, knew it but have no idea why. I think I might have seen something on TV about cheesemaking. The other answers didn't sound right at all.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#8 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:26 pm

At some point long ago, I got a cheese-making kit for Christmas. As I recall, it took a gallon of milk to make a little bit of substance that was, well, cheesy and ordinary. I used it once. Then I moved and, darn the luck, the cheese-making kit wouldn't fit into any of the boxes.

Anyway, I think I must have read the word "cheddaring" somewhere in the kit's instruction brochure.

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 06/23/08 Jason Coletta

#9 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:56 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Jason Coletta
Malverne, NY
Long Island, so that makes him a WE®.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100 In 2006, TV’s “The Simpsons” picked up its ninth Emmy in what category?
A. Best Drama
B. Best Animated Program
C. Best Game Show
D. Best D’oh!
What the transcriber never mentioned is that Leeza mispronounced "D'oh!"

Nihil obstat®

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:27 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:With guest host Leeza Gibbons
And the first thing Leeza says to Jason is that he "looks like a winner."

What do you mean by that, Leeza, that he looks like one of those celebrities from your gossip show, which is, ipso facto, a good thing? Feh!

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:31 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K After buying Barry Bonds’ record home-run ball in 2007, designer Marc Echo announced that he would brand it with what symbol?
A. Exclamation point
B. Number sign
C. Parenthesis
D. Asterisk

ATA

14% A. Exclamation point
7% B. Number sign
3% C. Parenthesis
76% D. Asterisk
Leeza's comment after this ATA was that "two-thirds" of the audience thought it was D.

I wouldn't try guest hosting on 5th Grader, Leeza. :roll:

megaaddict

#12 Post by megaaddict » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:00 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Jason Coletta

What the transcriber never mentioned is that Leeza mispronounced "D'oh!"
OK, so how can anyone mispronounce D'oh? Doo? Da Ho?