Transcript 10/30/2007 Kathleen Yuhanick

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 10/30/2007 Kathleen Yuhanick

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:58 pm

Kathleen Yuhanick
Ocean View, DE
Teacher

won a drawing from a grocery store for a trip to New York for the audience / audition taping but almost did not make it as the bus broke down and she just made it in time. On the way back after passing the test the whole bus applauded and gave her a WWTBAM hat. Her class started watching the show since her audition and has been talking about questions and answers all the time.

$100- In the Bible, the Tenth Commandment famously warns, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's" what?
A. Job B. Ideas
C. Wife D. Pool boy

$200- Which of these venues typically features a counter where patrons can rent shoes?
A. Billiards hall B. Swimming pool
C. Video game arcade D. Bowling alley

$300- In the classic TV theme song to "The Beverly Hillbillies," what is referred to as both "black gold" and "Texas tea"?
A. Oil B. Tar
C. Rubber D. Soil

$500- The slogan "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" is prominently featured on the Web site of what government agency?
A. DEA B. EPA
C. SEC D. FDA

$1000- "Secondary school" is a common administrative name for what level of education?
A. Kindergarten B. Graduate school
C. Junior college D. High school

$2000- In 2007, the Hebrew National brand took top honors in a Consumer Reports survey of the best-tasting what?
A. Potato Chips B. Hot dogs
C. Soups D. Doughnuts

At the grocery store she told Roger (her husband I presume) that she threw out the hot dogs in the fridge and he must get Hebrew National.

Commercial break

$4000- The human skeleton contains about 99 percent of the body's supply of which of these minerals?
A. Zinc B. Potassium
C. Calcium D. Sodium

$8000- The ancient region known as Gaul, once ruled by Romans, is now occupied by which of these countries?
A. Turkey B. Norway
C. Egypt D. France

Says she is from Ireland, and the Irish moved from France, and was pretty sure that France was once Gaul, but then ATA 14-0-4-82 in favor of D. Mere warns her she might have led the audience.

Commercial break

Mere mentioned during the break about the contestant knowing the answer but being too scared. Better to use a lifeline than answer and find out that you are wrong.

$16,000
Music duo Gnarls Barkley is made up of rapper Cee-Lo and a DJ named what?
A. Count Duckula B. Deputy Dawg
C. Danger Mouse D. Top Cat

She has no idea on this one.

PAF "Topher" (sp? based on that the name is short for Christopher) does not answer in time

50/50 left
B. Deputy Dawg
C. Danger Mouse

She has no idea and decides to leave with $8000.

Answers
$100- C. Wife
$200- D. Bowling alley
$300- A. Oil
$500- B. EPA
$1000- D. High school
$2000- B. Hot dogs
$4000- C. Calcium
$8000- D. France
$16K- C. Danger Mouse

NellyLunatic1980

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:57 am

$16K: Despite this being a rap music question, I did not know the name of Cee-Lo's DJ. ATA here.

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 10/30/2007 Kathleen Yuhanick

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:43 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $8000- The ancient region known as Gaul, once ruled by Romans, is now occupied by which of these countries?
A. Turkey B. Norway
C. Egypt D. France

Says she is from Ireland, and the Irish moved from France, and was pretty sure that France was once Gaul, but then ATA 14-0-4-82 in favor of D. Mere warns her she might have led the audience.
Argh! Wasting the ATA on an answer you know, when you're almost sure to need that ATA later.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000
Like here, for instance.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:PAF "Topher" (sp? based on that the name is short for Christopher) does not answer in time
<sigh>

Thirty seconds is a short time, take two.

Except that Kathleen didn't even give Topher a "five second" warning.

Given the big official spoiler for this week, I thought Kathleen might have been the contestant they were talking about. How quickly that belief was shattered. :(

Shade

#4 Post by Shade » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:51 am

This women made me angry, she wasted her Ask the Audience when she knew the answer.

She basiclly did this "Gaul is France, so therefore I shall ask the audience" WTF.

I knew the answers to all the questions until the 16,000 dollar question.

Appa23

#5 Post by Appa23 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:20 am

Back when that "Crazy" song was being nearly every second of the day on radio and television, I recall them giving the names of the duo.

Plus, County Duckula, Deputy Dawg, and Top Cat are just plain silly. :lol:

Odyssey
Flower Girl

#6 Post by Odyssey » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:04 am

Danger Mouse seems pretty darn silly to me. They asked about a Gnarls Barkley song on the audition test this week. Luckily I had heard of the Patsy Cline and Aerosmith versions!
Odyssey

Appa23

#7 Post by Appa23 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:14 am

Odyssey wrote:Danger Mouse seems pretty darn silly to me.
All four of the choices were silly. Hence, the laughing emoticon.

(Maybe I should find a more tongue-in-cheek one)

TheCalvinator24

#8 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:16 am

Would have been an easy stack for me, but the $16K Q is crying out for the ATA. I don't know if they would have known, but she sure should have kept the lifeline instead of burning it on a question she knew.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:27 pm

Here's a brief article about Kathleen's appearance.

http://www.wmdt.com/topstory/displaystory.asp?id=6949

earendel

Re: Transcript 10/30/2007 Kathleen Yuhanick

#10 Post by earendel » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:37 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Kathleen Yuhanick
Ocean View, DE
Teacher

won a drawing from a grocery store for a trip to New York for the audience / audition taping but almost did not make it as the bus broke down and she just made it in time. On the way back after passing the test the whole bus applauded and gave her a WWTBAM hat. Her class started watching the show since her audition and has been talking about questions and answers all the time.
At first I thought she had won a trip to the Hot Seat as a result of the drawing, but then I went back and listened again. From the response, I suspect that she was the only passer on the bus.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000
Time to ATA and hope they're up on their R&B or rap.

PAF "Topher" (sp? based on that the name is short for Christopher) does not answer in time[/quote]

So is Topher Grace short for Christopher Grace?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."