Notebooks and No. 2s and Other Fun OCD Stuff

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

Notebooks and No. 2s and Other Fun OCD Stuff

#1 Post by Here's Fanny! » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:10 am

So, you are going to tip me off as to when Mecca kicks off the Big Sale, right?

I was looking at a new electric pencil sharpener at Costco yesterday, but I resisted the urge. I'm using some off brand pencils right now and I want to see if it's just the crappy pencils that are the problem rather than my pencil sharpener. I did get a big whiteboard that has 'invisidots' to keep your writing straight, though.

So, are you a dork like I am and get different coloured notebooks for different purposes so you can tell them apart? And do you go wide or college rule? I have both, depending on what I'm using it for, but I mostly use college, so I just have a couple of wide rules handy in case an occasion pops up that requires one.
Spoiler
I'm darned good and ready.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: Notebooks and No. 2s and Other Fun OCD Stuff

#2 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:21 am

Here's Fanny! wrote:So, you are going to tip me off as to when Mecca kicks off the Big Sale, right?
Now you know that we don't have "sales" at the Wal. We have special buys, and rollbacks, and comping, but no sales! That's a dirty word!

I already saw the first of the BTS stuff on the counter last night. They are in the process of moving the clearance aisle back to the corner of the store, and it is slowly but surely being replaced by the school stuff, but it probably will be another week or two before it gets comped down to the dirt cheap prices, and when it does will vary by the competition in each location....
Here's Fanny! wrote:I was looking at a new electric pencil sharpener at Costco yesterday, but I resisted the urge. I'm using some off brand pencils right now and I want to see if it's just the crappy pencils that are the problem rather than my pencil sharpener. I did get a big whiteboard that has 'invisidots' to keep your writing straight, though.
Pencil sharperners suck. I don't know why they can't make a cheap plastic sharperner that does the job the old crank sharpener at school used to do. I have two sharpeners sitting on my desk right now, and they're both a piece of shit...
Here's Fanny! wrote:So, are you a dork like I am and get different coloured notebooks for different purposes so you can tell them apart? And do you go wide or college rule? I have both, depending on what I'm using it for, but I mostly use college, so I just have a couple of wide rules handy in case an occasion pops up that requires one.
I always try to get different colored ones, but that's only so I don't have too many red ones, and too many green ones, etc. I can pretty much pick up a notebook off my desk and have an idea what I have in it, and from what era I was using it. My BBBL stuff's in a green one. The original rankings stuff is in a blue and black one. My Bored History Newsletter notes are in a red one. And my original Bored notebook.... i.e. THE Notebook, lost its cover many years ago, and is the only coverless notebook I have on my desk. I did manage to save the back cover of that notebook since that's where I stuck the nametag I was given when I was on the show in 2001....

lb13

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

#3 Post by Here's Fanny! » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:02 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Here's Fanny! wrote:I was looking at a new electric pencil sharpener at Costco yesterday, but I resisted the urge. I'm using some off brand pencils right now and I want to see if it's just the crappy pencils that are the problem rather than my pencil sharpener. I did get a big whiteboard that has 'invisidots' to keep your writing straight, though.
Pencil sharperners suck. I don't know why they can't make a cheap plastic sharperner that does the job the old crank sharpener at school used to do. I have two sharpeners sitting on my desk right now, and they're both a piece of shit...
My mom has an old pencil sharpener like a school one (I wonder if those have gone the way of the blackboard? If so, I should go down to the grade schools this fall and see if they have a treasure trove of 'outdated' school stuff!), actually she has two! And I can't get either one of them away from her.

I'm also trying to pry an old Boston electric that she doesn't use because she has TWO of them (hmmm, maybe I get my pencil fetish from my mom...). I have a Boston electric (they're now called X-Acto), but it's new and it is NOT made like the old ones. I've even promised that I'll give it back to her if the one she uses goes south, but no dice.

Sometimes when I go over I take a bunch of pencils just to sharpen (really, it's fabulous! Less than a second and you have a perfect, even point.) there. In fact, I've been seriously considering just taking the sharpener and she probably would never even notice.

littlebeast13 wrote:
Here's Fanny! wrote:So, are you a dork like I am and get different coloured notebooks for different purposes so you can tell them apart? And do you go wide or college rule? I have both, depending on what I'm using it for, but I mostly use college, so I just have a couple of wide rules handy in case an occasion pops up that requires one.
I always try to get different colored ones, but that's only so I don't have too many red ones, and too many green ones, etc. I can pretty much pick up a notebook off my desk and have an idea what I have in it, and from what era I was using it. My BBBL stuff's in a green one. The original rankings stuff is in a blue and black one. My Bored History Newsletter notes are in a red one. And my original Bored notebook.... i.e. THE Notebook, lost its cover many years ago, and is the only coverless notebook I have on my desk. I did manage to save the back cover of that notebook since that's where I stuck the nametag I was given when I was on the show in 2001....

lb13
I have a thing against green, so I go black, purple, red and teal (that off blue they have). The teal ones I get wide rule and the rest are college, so I can tell them apart by that. I also take my labeler and make labels for the fronts of them.

Yes, I have out-notebook dorked the Beast!!1 Ha!
Spoiler
I'm darned good and ready.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:59 pm

Here's Fanny! wrote:I have a thing against green, so I go black, purple, red and teal (that off blue they have). The teal ones I get wide rule and the rest are college, so I can tell them apart by that. I also take my labeler and make labels for the fronts of them.

Yes, I have out-notebook dorked the Beast!!1 Ha!

I'm not quite as organized as people would think.... I just remember where to look for the stuff I need to create that effect! It's that goofy stuff that sticks in my brain (Need the daily posts totals you were keeping for 7 years, LB? You know they're in the yellow one.... towards the back!)

The majority of notebook work I've done over the last 5 years or so has been for the various games I've run. Games are always at least a 2 notebook job, because it's a lot easier to tally the points if you keep the game points and the cumulative points in 2 seperate books! The thing is, I have no certain notebooks that are just for games.... the stuff's scattered all over the place in the 15 or so notebooks piled up with all my crap on this desk. When I go looking for the points from my past LS games for use next time, I'm gonna have to do a lot of digging to find them since each of my past 5 LS runs are probably in 5 different notebooks....

lb13