Judge who sued over lost pants loses job

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

Judge who sued over lost pants loses job

#1 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:57 am

Justice is served.
Judge Who Lost Pant Suit Loses Job

By Keith L. Alexander
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, October 31, 2007; Page B04

Roy L. Pearson Jr., the administrative law judge who lost his $54 million lawsuit against a Northeast Washington dry cleaner, lost his job yesterday and was ordered to vacate his office, sources said.

Pearson, 57, who had served as a judge for two years, was up for a 10-year term at the Office of Administrative Hearings, but a judicial committee last week voted against reappointing him.

The panel had a seven-page letter hand-delivered to Pearson about 3:30 p.m., directing him to leave his office by 5 p.m. Pearson's term ended in May, at the height of his battle with the dry cleaners. Since then, he has remained on the payroll, making $100,000 a year as an attorney adviser.

A source familiar with the committee's meetings said Pearson's lawsuit played little role in the decision not to reappoint him.

Instead, the committee said it had reviewed Pearson's judicial decisions and audiotapes of proceedings over which he had presided and found he did not demonstrate "appropriate judgment and judicial temperament," according a source who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the case.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#2 Post by minimetoo26 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:59 am

He should sue! :twisted:

All I can say is ha. Ha. Ha.

MarleysGh0st

Re: Judge who sued over lost pants loses job

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:02 am

Instead, the committee said it had reviewed Pearson's judicial decisions and audiotapes of proceedings over which he had presided and found he did not demonstrate "appropriate judgment and judicial temperament," according a source who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the case.
I find that hard to believe. :roll:

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:05 am

minimetoo26 wrote:He should sue! :twisted:

You got someone in mind to represent him....?

:P :P :P

lb13

minimetoo26

#5 Post by minimetoo26 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:08 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:He should sue! :twisted:

You got someone in mind to represent him....?

:P :P :P

lb13
Yeah, but he's still naked! I'm guessing the cleaners lost his pants, too.

Hey--HE should sue! I can use 54 million bucks!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:14 am

minimetoo26 wrote:Yeah, but he's still naked! I'm guessing the cleaners lost his pants, too.

I'm sure if you can find something as hideous as Roz, you can find something appropriate for that fat bastard...

If HE sued for 54 million, you'd get a check for about $3.64...

lb13

fuzzywuzzy

#7 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:16 am

Not only did his lose his pants...

He just lost his shirt! :P (rimshot)

Thank you...remember to tip your waitresses!

fuzzy :wink:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

minimetoo26

#8 Post by minimetoo26 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:17 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:Yeah, but he's still naked! I'm guessing the cleaners lost his pants, too.

I'm sure if you can find something as hideous as Roz, you can find something appropriate for that fat bastard...

If HE sued for 54 million, you'd get a check for about $3.64...

lb13
I know. I guess I'll have to borrow your slacker--I've been lax in my Merrymaking.... :P :P

I think Roz is gorgeous, personally. And her mellifluous voice rivals Ariel's.

(Let's see if beast can figure out who Ariel is... :P )

peacock2121

#9 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:29 am

I am not sad or upset by this.

at all

wbtravis007

Re: Judge who sued over lost pants loses job

#10 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:08 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Justice is served.
Judge Who Lost Pant Suit Loses Job

By Keith L. Alexander
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, October 31, 2007; Page B04

Roy L. Pearson Jr., the administrative law judge who lost his $54 million lawsuit against a Northeast Washington dry cleaner, lost his job yesterday and was ordered to vacate his office, sources said.

Pearson, 57, who had served as a judge for two years, was up for a 10-year term at the Office of Administrative Hearings, but a judicial committee last week voted against reappointing him.

The panel had a seven-page letter hand-delivered to Pearson about 3:30 p.m., directing him to leave his office by 5 p.m. Pearson's term ended in May, at the height of his battle with the dry cleaners. Since then, he has remained on the payroll, making $100,000 a year as an attorney adviser.

A source familiar with the committee's meetings said Pearson's lawsuit played little role in the decision not to reappoint him.

Reminds me of the time that a woman on Carson's staff who was being fired asked if there was anything she could do to keep her job. Carson said: "Yeah, lose the pants suit."

Or something like that.

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:18 am

I guess he got taken to the cleaners.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#12 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:45 am

minimetoo26 wrote:I think Roz is gorgeous, personally. And her mellifluous voice rivals Ariel's.

The only one I know (Other than your old friend Ariel_Bytch) is the Little Mermaid....

lb13

minimetoo26

#13 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:00 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:I think Roz is gorgeous, personally. And her mellifluous voice rivals Ariel's.

The only one I know (Other than your old friend Ariel_Bytch) is the Little Mermaid....

lb13
Got it in one! You're on your way to Pop-Culture PAFdom! If you can convince them to tape after midnight..... :P

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#14 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:07 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Got it in one! You're on your way to Pop-Culture PAFdom! If you can convince them to tape after midnight..... :P

Why pop culture when they ask all those tough laundry detergent questions like they did yesterday?

Just don't ever call Marley for a question about Fabuloso... :twisted:

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#15 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:21 am

littlebeast13 wrote: Just don't ever call Marley for a question about Fabuloso... :twisted:
Hey, I'm all set now for it now: floor cleaner packaged in lawsuit-waiting-to-happen bottles! :roll: