Hepatitis watch - Day 2

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Hepatitis watch - Day 2

#1 Post by BackInTex » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:40 pm

Boring!

Laying on my back 90% of the day, that day being Saturday, that Saturday being the end of season invitational swim meet that my son made for the first time, is NOT enjoyable. My two older daughters swim tomorrow. I will miss that as well.

The docter (my F-I-L for those not familiar with day 1) called to check on me. I'm feeling much better. He said to make sure I stay lying down as much as possible because the pain I've been feeling is my liver being swelled up. I do know that lying on my left side hurts like hell, not so much on the right side where is it a wash between the liver pain and be back pain for being on my back so long. And I do notice if I am up much at all, the pain trys to come back.

Surprisingly the doctor said we should get the Hepatisis results on Monday and that if it isn't Hepatitis then we would immediatley go to a CT scan of my liver and gall bladder. Hey, he is admitting his first diagnosis may be wrong. We are making progress.

So today I've watched Charlie Wilson's War and No Country For Old Men. I gotta tell you, seeing all those people gut shot didn't really make me feel any better.

So tonight I guess I'll try to watch the Astros and the BoSox again. Last night wasn't so good for the home town boys.

I'm also planning on getting some CPE done over the next day or two as I have a feeling I won't be back to work before the 4th.

So, how's your Saturday been?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

DevilKitty100

#2 Post by DevilKitty100 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:27 pm

I'm also planning on getting some CPE done over the next day or two as I have a feeling I won't be back to work before the 4th.

So, how's your Saturday been?
Well, lessee.......since you asked and all.

Got showered and dressed to go to work and then thought the better of it. So I got undressed (for work) and dressed for your basic ookie stuff that including cleaning the fridge, bathing two hot and willing pups, pulled a few weeds until I figured I didn't really need a sunstroke, went back inside, cleaned a little of the ook off, wento to Costco, spent too much money, but I did find the white flesh peaches I've been desiring and lusting for all summer, came home put the stuff away, took a short nap and just ordered sushi delivery. An almost perfect Saturday.

Sorry to hear you've been laid low, BiT. Hope everything turns out best case scenario for you.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:32 pm

I did laundry, then devoted my life to taking a photo of a puppet.

Mine is the wild and crazy existence of the rich and famous.

I'm glad you were able to get some pain relief today, BiT. May tomorrow be even better.

TheConfessor

Re: Hepatitis watch - Day 2

#4 Post by TheConfessor » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:57 pm

BackInTex wrote:So tonight I guess I'll try to watch the Astros and the BoSox again. Last night wasn't so good for the home town boys.
I was channel surfing and landed on the Bosox - Astros game. I noticed that the Sox pitcher is a guy named David Aardsma. This was interesting to me because it means that Hank Aaron is no longer alphabetically first among all players in MLB history. I did a little research and found that he Aardsma made his MLB debut in 2004. I guess I need to pay closer attention.

Hope your health concerns get resolved quickly and favorably. I can imagine that there would be both advantages and disadvantages to having your F-I-L also be your doctor. It might be awkward to take your business elsewhere, but if that seems appropriate, don't let family ties interfere with your good health.

a1mamacat

#5 Post by a1mamacat » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:59 pm

Packed duffle bag for Big J's camp week.

Drank gallons of iced coffee

napped

made sweet and sour pork for supper

Hope all gets much better for you BiT
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:27 pm

TheConfessor wrote:I was channel surfing and landed on the Bosox - Astros game. I noticed that the Sox pitcher is a guy named David Aardsma.
David Aardsma's dad is Dave Aardsam, a Sr. Vice President at locally headquarterd Waste Managment, a major Minutemaid Park sponsor. They mentioned during the game when Aardsma came on that he was part of the opening pitch tonight with his dad.

I worked with Dave Aardsma (the father) when I was a WM. Well beneath him, but I did have several one-on-one meetings with him. Everything I saw, he was a great guy with sound business savy. And he always had lots of memorabilia about his son about his office.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:29 am

I hope that whatever is wrong with you clears up quickly and that it's not hepatitis.

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#8 Post by secondchance » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:15 am

Sending wishes for a quick and simple recovery. Keep positive thoughts!

geoffil

#9 Post by geoffil » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:29 am

I hope you feel better soon. Can you get a second opinion and at least an ultrasound? You shouldn't have to suffer.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#10 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:48 pm

BackInTex wrote:Boring!

So today I've watched Charlie Wilson's War and No Country For Old Men. I gotta tell you, seeing all those people gut shot didn't really make me feel any better.
I also watched Charlie Wilson's War this weekend. I really liked it.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Flybrick

#11 Post by Flybrick » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:03 pm

Hepititis is a real drag. I really pray that it is something else and that that something else is treatable. As well as getting the pain relieved soon.

Luck, prayers, vibes, et al in the air.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just been smilin' all day.

Our recent high school grad was drafted to watch the other two kids starting yesterday.

My wife and I had lunch out, followed by a theater musical (I'm not a big fan, but even this was decent), dinner and wine tasting, then a nice hotel suite for just us.

Wife likes hotels. A lot.

Late morning relaxing over coffee, then more liking of the hotel room.

Yessir, it's been a good day.............

nitrah55

#12 Post by nitrah55 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:50 am

Saturday was yard work and graduation party.

Sunday was Met-Yankee game. Since when did Oliver Perez become Walter Johnson?

Feel better.
I am about 25% sure of this.

fuzzywuzzy

#13 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:24 am

BackInTex wrote:Boring!

Surprisingly the doctor said we should get the Hepatisis results on Monday and that if it isn't Hepatitis then we would immediatley go to a CT scan of my liver and gall bladder. Hey, he is admitting his first diagnosis may be wrong. We are making progress.
BiT, I am sending good vibes south to you from Kansas...I will also keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Geez, I hope that whatever it is, that they have caught it, diagnosed it, and start a treatment regimen ASAP!

Take care, relax, and do what your doctor suggests!

fuzzy
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland