Another Wonderful Chapter In Merry Men History....

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

Another Wonderful Chapter In Merry Men History....

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:39 am

BBBL rant....

Jered Weaver is throwing a no hitter through 6 innings, gets pulled for a pinch hitter, and despite the fact that the bullpen keeps the no-hitter intact, he still gets the loss!

All in all, a brilliant outing turns into a 15 point showing of mediocrity....

This is even worse than Carlos Delgado getting me 22 points in one game Friday, and a grand total of -1 in the rest of the games he's played this week.....

lb13

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

Re: Another Wonderful Chapter In Merry Men History....

#2 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:07 am

littlebeast13 wrote:BBBL rant....

Jered Weaver is throwing a no hitter through 6 innings, gets pulled for a pinch hitter, and despite the fact that the bullpen keeps the no-hitter intact, he still gets the loss!

This is even worse than Carlos Delgado getting me 22 points in one game Friday, and a grand total of -1 in the rest of the games he's played this week.....

lb13
I watched the highlights and the last couple of innings on ESPN. Weird game. I had friends sitting directly behind home plate. Of course the people they were sitting with always leave after the 7th inning!?!? They've changed the lyrics to "Take me out to the parking lot". I don't know how they could walk out on one of the stranger no-hitters. I hate ballpark traffic as much as the next person but......
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#3 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:13 am

ulysses5019 wrote:

lb13
I watched the highlights and the last couple of innings on ESPN. Weird game. I had friends sitting directly behind home plate. Of course the people they were sitting with always leave after the 7th inning!?!? They've changed the lyrics to "Take me out to the parking lot". I don't know how they could walk out on one of the stranger no-hitters. I hate ballpark traffic as much as the next person but......

I consider it heresy to arrive late or depart early from a ballgame. Of course, I don't mind one bit when it's almost midnight, the 13th inning, and I'm sitting up by the field because there's only about 1,000 people left....

That empty ballpark feeling's the same reason I love watching games in KC in late September....

lb13

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#4 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:22 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

lb13

I consider it heresy to arrive late or depart early from a ballgame. Of course, I don't mind one bit when it's almost midnight, the 13th inning, and I'm sitting up by the field because there's only about 1,000 people left....

That empty ballpark feeling's the same reason I love watching games in KC in late September....

lb13
I agree. I always arrive early and unless the game is a complete blowout I stay to the end. The Dodgers or Angels (Yes, I'm a two faced fan. I was bound to be backing a winner last night, although the issue was in doubt.) rarely have empty stadiums.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.