I saw my first obama tv ad

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BigDrawMan

I saw my first obama tv ad

#1 Post by BigDrawMan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:12 pm

it was good.A "heres who I am and where I came from" spot.Similar to McCains first.
very smart showing his white relatives several time and their heartland roots.He should trot out his white relatives on a regular basis if he hopes to get the hardhat vote in these parts.

I have seen three different McCain ads so far-its still freaking JUne-about 20 times.And I aint a big TV watcher.
Two were good.His "I hate war" ad was not.I was left wondering when did this hatred start.I concluded it must be very recent.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:52 pm

We don't have ads yet in California. Everyone probably assumes that the state will vote Blue with no advertising.

Speaking of ads.

Last night Jeff and I were up late watching the GSN. (Dave Legler was on 21.)

Anyway, we were watching live TV, so we had to watch the commercials. They had ads for denture adhesives, a place that will buy gold, a cereal that relieves constipation and some sort of lube. I think that their target audience is over-sexed constipated pirates.

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

#3 Post by Here's Fanny! » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:00 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:We don't have ads yet in California. Everyone probably assumes that the state will vote Blue with no advertising.

Speaking of ads.

Last night Jeff and I were up late watching the GSN. (Dave Legler was on 21.)

Anyway, we were watching live TV, so we had to watch the commercials. They had ads for denture adhesives, a place that will buy gold, a cereal that relieves constipation and some sort of lube. I think that their target audience is over-sexed constipated pirates.
"I can't believe I got $568 for my scrap gold and my wedding ring from my former marriage!"
Spoiler
I'm darned good and ready.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#4 Post by sunflower » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:21 pm

I haven't seen any ads in CT but when I was in Milwaukee a week and a half ago, ads for both Obama and McCain were all over the place. They don't usually bother with us here until late in the season, small state with a few electoral votes that usually votes along Democratic lines.

TheConfessor

#5 Post by TheConfessor » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:52 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote: Anyway, we were watching live TV, so we had to watch the commercials. They had ads for denture adhesives, a place that will buy gold, a cereal that relieves constipation and some sort of lube. I think that their target audience is over-sexed constipated pirates.
What's the name of the cereal? I have a friend who might be interested. If that works out, my friend might also be interested in the lube. I've got a squeaky wind turbine on the roof that wakes the neighbors. I mean my friend does.

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:18 am

Obama has to spend all the money he's raised for the primaries before the Democratic convention (so does McCain for that matter). So you will see a considerable burnoff of feel-good ads between now and the end of August for both candidates.

The dirt is going to come out after the conventions. Usually they will be from 527's, which are political committees as opposed to the candidate's official committee. By law, they can't come out in support of a particular candidate but they can "educate" the public on an issue, and the issue usually is what a lousy person the opposing candidate is.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:42 am

TheConfessor wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote: Anyway, we were watching live TV, so we had to watch the commercials. They had ads for denture adhesives, a place that will buy gold, a cereal that relieves constipation and some sort of lube. I think that their target audience is over-sexed constipated pirates.
What's the name of the cereal? I have a friend who might be interested. If that works out, my friend might also be interested in the lube. I've got a squeaky wind turbine on the roof that wakes the neighbors. I mean my friend does.
For your friend:

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

#8 Post by Here's Fanny! » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:44 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
TheConfessor wrote:
For your friend:
Ick, my Grandpa used to eat that stuff (although in a much less fancy box), it stunk to high heaven. Maybe they've improved it since back then.

And is that a picture of William Shatner from like 40 years ago?
Spoiler
I'm darned good and ready.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#9 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:47 am