speaking of eggs

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BigDrawMan

speaking of eggs

#1 Post by BigDrawMan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:18 pm

claudia the goose went 0 fer 5 in her egg hatching.
she broke two of the last three eggs.There was no gosling inside, just yoke.I stepped on the last, and it was only yoke as well.

I dint think egg hatching was this hard.

I thinks she blames me, as she hisses at me every time I go by.

I intuit she is plotting against me.
I dont torture mallards all the time, but when I do, I prefer waterboarding.

-Carl the Duck

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: speaking of eggs

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:07 pm

BigDrawMan wrote:claudia the goose went 0 fer 5 in her egg hatching.
she broke two of the last three eggs.There was no gosling inside, just yoke.I stepped on the last, and it was only yoke as well.
I'm sorry there were no goslings.
BigDrawMan wrote:I dint think egg hatching was this hard.
That's because you're not a chicken. Er, I mean goose.
BigDrawMan wrote:I thinks she blames me, as she hisses at me every time I go by.
I think you're right. I blame you for the lack of rain in our locale. I don't spend a lot of energy on hissing, though.

BigDrawMan wrote:I intuit she is plotting against me.
Probably. Even if you are blameless with regard to the eggs, I am sure there is something else that Claudia intuits can be laid at your door.

("Laid at your door" . . . har, har!! Get it!???) :mrgreen:
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:41 pm

I'm sorry that the eggs didn't produce goslings. You need to find Claudia a better boyfriend. Does Carl the Duck have a goosey cousin that went to good schools and learned how to treat a lady properly?
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

MarleysGh0st

Re: speaking of eggs

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:50 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
BigDrawMan wrote:I dint think egg hatching was this hard.
That's because you're not a chicken. Er, I mean goose.
More significantly for Claudia's problem, he's not a gander!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:21 pm

Dude, has Claudia checked the tightness of his gander panties? That's supposed to hinder the proliferation of appropriate swimmers enaht.

I mean. You can blame the human for smashing the eggs and all, but, like, you know.
Well, then

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:26 am

I know not much of fowl reproduction, but if she's hissing at you, I'm sure it's just a gentle reminder to get it together and post a FT2N question.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#7 Post by hermillion » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:48 am

We have two robin nests this year, one in a low branch of a tree in the front yard, the other wedged in a roof support on the back porch.

I have never seen a mama on the nest in the front yard, and peeked in yesterday to see a lone little egg sitting there. The nest in the back yard is occupied most of the time. As of Saturday there are two tiny hatchlings. I'm a grandma!
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#8 Post by hermillion » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Actually, I peeked -- and there are 3 fussy, fuzzy little critters in there.

I wanted to post a pic, but am having the same problem I did trying to post a photo of Louis the Lawyer for SC the other day. What am I doing wrong?
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana