Day 1 in California Report

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

Day 1 in California Report

#1 Post by kayrharris » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:12 pm

Since it was eventful getting here, we had a nice uneventful day 1. Of course, if you count the a/c in our hotel room not working, I guess it could be eventful. They brought us a fan tonight! :oops:

Had a lovely breakfast, got to the Oakland Stadium without stopping to ask directions. Well, we did drive into the parking lot when we really weren't ready to go in and they stopped traffic so we could turn around and get back out. We found a lovely park on a lake to walk and spend some time this morning.

The SF/Oakland game ended up 11-1 SF, but there was certainly lots of action. Came back with a lovely "golfer's tan"....well, mine is more like sunburn, but it doesn't hurt at the moment.

We drove around SF after the game and even drove down the famous Lombard Street and almost got smack in the middle of the gay pride parade, but we managed to miss it by a block or two. Certainly tied up traffic, though.

Now we're all settled in for a day of sightseeing tomorrow and another ballgame tomorrow night.

Skoop's mom is keeping us in line, for now anyway.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:58 pm

It sounds like fun. What is the air quality in the city like?

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#3 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:39 am

We drove around SF after the game and even drove down the famous Lombard Street and almost got smack in the middle of the gay pride parade, but we managed to miss it by a block or two. Certainly tied up traffic, though.
Is that all that was tied up?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:25 am

We're not sure. Let's just say we saw some interesting outfits. :D I didn't know hair came in so many different colors and some had rainbow hair.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin