WALL-E Interesting Fact

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
PlacentiaSoccerMom

WALL-E Interesting Fact

#1 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:57 am

In the scenes where WALL-E is watching "Hello Dolly" the male singer is a young Michael Crawford, from the musical Phantom of the Opera.

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

Re: WALL-E Interesting Fact

#2 Post by Here's Fanny! » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:30 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:In the scenes where WALL-E is watching "Hello Dolly" the male singer is a young Michael Crawford, from the musical Phantom of the Opera.
Cornelius Hackl, he breaks hearts like hickory nuts. (The actor who played his friend Barnaby Tucker was murdered a few years later, under rather gruesome circumstances.)

I am probably one of the very few who think Hello, Dolly! instead of Phantom of the Opera when I hear the name Michael Crawford.

I even have the soundtrack lp. Ha!
Spoiler
I'm darned good and ready.

a1mamacat

#3 Post by a1mamacat » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:13 pm

Yes, saw this the other night as well.

It was most enjoyable
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:41 pm

He also plays Hero in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum", which we just watched from Comcast On Demand.

I was astounded when I connected that skinny geek with the Phantom. There's some brief momen in the Phantom cast recording during which he sounds the same as the old movie musicals, and my mind made the connection.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

lilyvonschtupp26

#5 Post by lilyvonschtupp26 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:40 am

went to see Wall-e yesterday. It is my daughter's b-day and she chose the movie. Not a teenager anymore! Twenty and we all sat mesmerized by the movie. Loved it.

Any other Mac people here pick up on his reboot tone? It definitely was the sound macs make when starting up!

the trailers were all for Disney movies. anyone see the Chihuahua trailer? We all said at the same time, Is that the best Disney can come up with? We won't be dropping any money to see that one.

Wall-e is worth the price of admission
It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many lives as we wish. -S.I. Hayakawa

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#6 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:51 am

lilyvonschtupp26 wrote:went to see Wall-e yesterday. It is my daughter's b-day and she chose the movie. Not a teenager anymore! Twenty and we all sat mesmerized by the movie. Loved it.

Any other Mac people here pick up on his reboot tone? It definitely was the sound macs make when starting up!

the trailers were all for Disney movies. anyone see the Chihuahua trailer? We all said at the same time, Is that the best Disney can come up with? We won't be dropping any money to see that one.

Wall-e is worth the price of admission
Maddie told me that Disney was coming out with a movie about dancing Chihuahas and I didn't believe her until I saw the trailer.

What a stupid idea for a movie.

TheConfessor

#7 Post by TheConfessor » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:00 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:Maddie told me that Disney was coming out with a movie about dancing Chihuahas and I didn't believe her until I saw the trailer.
I think the real issue here is whether you and your daughter can restore the level of trust that existed before this incident.

traininvain

#8 Post by traininvain » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:37 pm

Here's Fanny! wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:In the scenes where WALL-E is watching "Hello Dolly" the male singer is a young Michael Crawford, from the musical Phantom of the Opera.
I am probably one of the very few who think Hello, Dolly! instead of Phantom of the Opera when I hear the name Michael Crawford.

I always think of How I Won the War when Michael Crawford's name comes up. Although, I did sell a large amount of Phantom CDs & cassettes back in the day.
Enjoy every sandwich

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#9 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:46 pm

traininvain wrote:
Here's Fanny! wrote:

I always think of How I Won the War when Michael Crawford's name comes up. Although, I did sell a large amount of Phantom CDs & cassettes back in the day.

Did someone here already post about Rickrolling?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickroll
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:45 pm

traininvain wrote:
Here's Fanny! wrote:

I think of Condorman.

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:49 am

I went to see WALL-E yesterday, and I'm surprised there has hasn't been more talk on the Bored about this outstanding movie. Can the Academy accept an animated movie as Best Picture?

Because, IMHO, it is.

By and large. :D

Tocqueville3

#12 Post by Tocqueville3 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:00 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:I went to see WALL-E yesterday, and I'm surprised there has hasn't been more talk on the Bored about this outstanding movie. Can the Academy accept an animated movie as Best Picture?

Because, IMHO, it is.

I agree. Wall-E was fabu. The girls want to see it again and so do I.

My brother, the big environmentalist, went with us when we took the girls. He said the message was, of course, a good lesson in taking care of the earth. I told him that was only the superficial message. The real message was that we need others. Wall-E needed Eve and so on.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#13 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:48 am

I enjoyed the movie a lot, as did my kids.

Some of my friends did not enjoy it, they found it to be depressing.

MarleysGh0st

#14 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:59 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:Some of my friends did not enjoy it, they found it to be depressing.
Cautionary tales tend to have depressing warnings.
Spoiler
But there was applause when the captain stood up! :)

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#15 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:08 am

There was applause in my theater as well.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#16 Post by minimetoo26 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:11 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:I enjoyed the movie a lot, as did my kids.

Some of my friends did not enjoy it, they found it to be depressing.
My b-i-l fell asleep. Which I can uderstand, since I fell asleep during Cast Away. Silence and lack of dialogue or soundtrack is good use of artistry, but can be sleep-inducing.

I haven't seen it yet, but I heard the short film at the beginning (Presto! ) is a must-see.

MarleysGh0st

#17 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:16 am

minimetoo26 wrote:I haven't seen it yet, but I heard the short film at the beginning (Presto! ) is a must-see.
That is also excellent.

You should definitely see this, mini! Good clean enjoyment for the whole family. 8)

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#18 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:19 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:I haven't seen it yet, but I heard the short film at the beginning (Presto! ) is a must-see.
That is also excellent.

You should definitely see this, mini! Good clean enjoyment for the whole family. 8)
Were any rabbits hurt during the production? Or just a human?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

MarleysGh0st

#19 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:20 am

ulysses5019 wrote:Were any rabbits hurt during the production? Or just a human?
Spoiler
The human seemed to be getting the worst of the bargain. :twisted:

Bob Juch

#20 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:13 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:I went to see WALL-E yesterday, and I'm surprised there has hasn't been more talk on the Bored about this outstanding movie. Can the Academy accept an animated movie as Best Picture?

Because, IMHO, it is.

Yes, Beauty and the Beast was nominated.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.