Atlanta audition story, video and blog

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsn309

#26 Post by gsn309 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:13 am

Second Chance wrote:
whittler44 wrote:I'm planning on auditioning in Detroit on August 13...
This is my first time taking the test and hopefully auditioning. What kinds of questions did she ask gsn? Not that I think I have many interesting answers, but it never hurts to be prepared. :)
I also had the little blonde meanie. She asked around 4 questions without looking at my questionnaire:
1. Why do you want to be on the show
2. What do you do for fun
3. What would you do with the money
4. What do you do that makes people laugh. My response did not make her laugh. Not a good sign.

My answers, while given with a large smile, were probably too sincere and relaxed as I could feel her stifling a yawn as she decided where to have lunch. Come up with and rehearse responses that are really unusual if not zany, and blurt them out quickly, loudly, and enthusiastically. Make something up if you have to - lol.
Hah! Second Chance,we might as well have been twins! I got the exact same vibe from her, and I have to admit it's a little discouraging to hear PCMaxey got someone else. I just asssumed that in Atlanta, she was getting anyone they had already ruled out based on the photos. The thing is: the other 2 AP's seemed so much more pleasant. As she rifled through 5 or so people before me in 2 minutes or less... one of the others literally spent the entire 10 minutes of my waiting time with the Generations group, the other spent most of that time with 'Jack Sparrow' and called up only one other person (who was one of the 2 Netflix passers-only in my group) right as I got called up.

Now, back when they first switched to auditions, we had this huge debate on the old bored about it -- and inevitably someone would end up posting, "their shows, their rules." And you know, I totally get that. It's just that within their own little universe, the playing field doesn't seem to be level. I'm not saying I'd have gotten in the pool with another AP, but I certainly believe I'd have had a better chance... based on what I saw while waiting. And I can say I've had lousy luck in that way, both times that I auditioned for the syndicated show.

I wonder why she always appears to be in a bad mood? It seems like it's a pretty cool job to have.

gsn309

#27 Post by gsn309 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:17 am

mntetn wrote:
gsn309 wrote:... all I can say is that, because this is Atlanta, I KNEW that they would not hit their 2500 hundred person limit, or come even close to it..
I'm curious about this. I was surprised by the low turnout compared to my other experiences (Nashville and Chicago) but what is it that made you know ahead of time?
Well low publicity is part of it. But it's just something you know. I think part of it is that it was a Summer Friday. Half of the work force is off, on vacations, long weekends.. etc. It's just a lazy time of year here and I felt sure I'd be safe going later.

Of course, in retrospect if going earlier would have meant getting another AP, I suppose I'd have done that---but my friend who I went with had to drive to my house first -- and so logistically it'd have been tough to do either of the first 2 sessions (and also, that test may have been harder, too).