Anyone Can Play Champions Holiday Edition

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Anyone Can Play Champions Holiday Edition

#1 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:40 pm

Hurray, hurray. I get to play in an upcoming Champions match. I tape on Nov. 13, and the show will be aired Dec. 18.

Okay, so which of you do I have to face?

(P.S. This is worth Big Money: $75. In combination with my win on one of the early shows, this has the potential to bring my total year's game show winnings to well over $100! Life is grand and shiny.)

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:20 pm

Woo hoo! Go get em, silvercar!

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#3 Post by hermillion » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:28 pm

Yippee! I also get to make a return appearance, with taping on Dec. 6 -- versus another member of the bored, who shall remain nameless until s/he decides to reveal his/her status.

Don't know when this will air.
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:43 pm

How fun!

No one will be facing me.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#5 Post by kayrharris » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:53 pm

Alrighty. Two of my favorite girls competing. I'm rooting for both of you.

ToLiveIsToFly

#6 Post by ToLiveIsToFly » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:01 pm

Good look to both of you.

Maybe we'll meet up in some future show.

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#7 Post by cindy.wellman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:36 pm

I"m very happy for everyone!!!

But, I'm not sure what this is....... Details please!!

PlacentiaSoccerMom

Re: Anyone Can Play Champions Holiday Edition

#8 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:37 pm

silvercamaro wrote:Hurray, hurray. I get to play in an upcoming Champions match. I tape on Nov. 13, and the show will be aired Dec. 18.

Okay, so which of you do I have to face?

(P.S. This is worth Big Money: $75. In combination with my win on one of the early shows, this has the potential to bring my total year's game show winnings to well over $100! Life is grand and shiny.)

With that kind of money, you can retire.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#9 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:53 pm

cindy.wellman wrote:I"m very happy for everyone!!!

But, I'm not sure what this is....... Details please!!
Anyone Can Play is an internet radio quiz game with head-to-head matchups on http://www.ShokusRadio.com. The show now is hosted by Larry Anderson. Prizes include cash, DVDs and board games. It's heard only over the web site at 6 p.m. Pacific time.

If you would like to take part, go to the web site and fill out the application. That's all there is to it. If selected (and the odds are that you will be,)you'll get an e-mail that outlines when you need to be available, etc. Then, on the appointed date, you answer your land-line telephone and answer questions. That's it. Everybody who plays gets some kind of prize, too.

I've done it twice, and I've had a blast both times. (I even got to play the very first game, although I didn't win that one.) Many other BBs have done it, as well.

Cindy, you need to do this. I'd also recommend it to Shade and anyone else who is interested in trying out their game show skills.

DadofTwins

#10 Post by DadofTwins » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:08 am

I also got the invite for the Holiday Champions edition.

I'm told the format has changed since last season, but since we don't have DSL out here in the sticks, I haven't been able to hear the show. Can anyone give an update?
We have enough youth. How about a fountain of smart?

TheConfessor

#11 Post by TheConfessor » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:16 am

I have never played, but I've been invited to tape a show in December. I don't know who I'll be playing against. I need to remember to listen to the show more often, so I'll know the rules and strategy. Here's the URL for the online station, which can be heard 24 hours a day:
http://www.shokusradio.com/

I'm on the Shokus Radio mailing list. Here's an excerpt that might be of interest:
We have been having trouble with our mail servers, and as such, responses from e-mails that went out to those who have registered for "Anyone Can Play" may not have been received on this end. We still have a few openings for our tapings November 8 and November 13. If you responded to play and have not received a confirmation yet, please e-mail us right away so we can schedule you. We are also doing "rematch" shows within this block of tapings, so those of you who have played previously, please watch your e-mail Thursday night or Friday for invitations to play again. Reminder - if you've played already, there is NO NEED to re-register. We will contact you!