Sweet and Innocent?????

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
a1mamacat

Sweet and Innocent?????

#1 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:54 pm

What a contrast.

Halloween

Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:11 pm

Dude! What a dude!
Well, then

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#3 Post by cindy.wellman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:52 pm

I love it!!!

It reminds me of that guy from that reality show that just ended on VH1 (the other guilty pleasure that I watched) The Pick-up Artist! He was always wearing wild stuff like that! What a hoot.

:wink:

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:10 pm

That is fabu!!!

One of the television stations had a story last night about how a Mart -- WalMart, KMart, DollarMart, I don't know, was chided by parents for selling an outfit like that. They insisted it looked like a pimp, and kids aren't supposed to know what a pimp is! Harumph!!!

Anyway, they pulled the outfit.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:22 pm

OMG! :shock: :lol:

Kid Nation spoiler:
Spoiler
Anyone watching the show tonight will see Jared put together an old west version of that outfit. :roll:

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:33 pm

cindy.wellman wrote:I love it!!!

It reminds me of that guy from that reality show that just ended on VH1 (the other guilty pleasure that I watched) The Pick-up Artist! He was always wearing wild stuff like that! What a hoot.

Wellman. Oh, Wellman. We are sick. I watched that, too. The guy was, um, different. And the guys, were, um different. But, I watched. WTF.
Well, then

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:33 pm

I counted at least three guys at Emma's school dressed as pimps.

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#8 Post by cindy.wellman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:52 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
cindy.wellman wrote:I love it!!!

Wellman. Oh, Wellman. We are sick. I watched that, too. The guy was, um, different. And the guys, were, um different. But, I watched. WTF.
But, don't you feel so much better now admitting it? I revealed my Smartie habit, I came clean about Rock of Love and now I've admitted my fascination with The Pick-Up Artist. Plus we got to see wee James' Halloween Costume!

Whew, what a good day.

peacock2121

#9 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:10 am

I saw the report of outrage about the skimpiness of the costumes. They even have skimpy ones made for girls who hadn't developed yet.

Outraged people tend to forget that the parents are letting the kids have these outfits.

Appa23

#10 Post by Appa23 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:55 am

peacock2121 wrote:I saw the report of outrage about the skimpiness of the costumes. They even have skimpy ones made for girls who hadn't developed yet.

Outraged people tend to forget that the parents are letting the kids have these outfits.
Likely, Pea, they are not forgetting anything. I would imagine that there is equal outrage for the parents trying too hard to be "thier kid's friend" or "the cool parents."

Odyssey
Flower Girl

#11 Post by Odyssey » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:12 am

Huggy Bear has nothing on him!
Odyssey

tanstaafl2

#12 Post by tanstaafl2 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:14 pm

Wasn't sure if that was a pimp or perhaps Elton John from the early years...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

mellytu74

#13 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:42 pm

I'm with tan!

I thought he was early Elton John! :o

See, I limited my VH1 trash viewing to Rock of Love.

Of course, I watched each episode several times.

But, I digress.....

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#14 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:55 am

SportsFan68 wrote:That is fabu!!!

One of the television stations had a story last night about how a Mart -- WalMart, KMart, DollarMart, I don't know, was chided by parents for selling an outfit like that. They insisted it looked like a pimp, and kids aren't supposed to know what a pimp is! Harumph!!!

Anyway, they pulled the outfit.
Someone wrote a letter to the editor complaining some kid was dressed like a prison inmate with an orange jumpsuit and how dare his mom etc etc.

This was the year "Holes" was released, and just about every kid dressed like a "camper" at Camp Green Lake that year. I guess the guy didn't get the significance of the flap hat and water bottle. I thought it was safer than all black, and you could wear warm clothes under it. I wish my kids had tought of it so I'd have been spared putting vampire makeup on them...