Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 32

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 32

#1 Post by gsabc » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:07 am

Seamstress fitting tonight. If there's nothing more that needs pulling in, letting out, shortening, lengthening, whatevering, the gown will come home with the ladies. The cats will again be banned from the guest bedroom. The gown will return to the seamstress just before The Big Day for ironing, including all six (!) layers of petticoat individually.

GW is enlisting MotG in the RSVP hunt. She's responsible for that side of the family. GW was going to wait for today's mail, but MotG called about another subject last night so we've already gotten some of the information we needed.

I am almost done with my toast. There is no way I get through it all without crying. Not just tearing up, either. I've told BD to have the other toast-givers (I was about to call them "the toasters", which didn't sound right) send their speeches to the ASL interpreter by the week before the wedding. It's not absolutely necessary, but I figured it would help the interpreter get better prepared. Same goes for the ceremony from the rabbi.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#2 Post by sunflower » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:20 pm

One word of advice...they may already have it under control, but if the dress has a bustle of any type, MAKE SURE the bridesmaids or MoH understand what to do with it before the wedding day. Good time - tonight at the seamstress. She can show them how it works, the right way to do it, the wrong way to do it, etc.

If the girls don't know what they're doing, it can be a minor disaster that day if she can't pull the dress off the ground after the ceremony. Trust me, after sitting underneath one of my best friends' dresses for 10 minutes, with a needle trying to get a bad knot out in order to correctly bustle the dress, I know a thing or two about this!! Maybe more than I want to know, which is why I try to save others...

Robyn

#3 Post by Robyn » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:29 pm

Something that the seamstress could do, if not done already, is to color code the strings that are used to tie up the bustle...she could even use colored thread on each string so that the bridesmaids will have an easier time. Our seamstress did that for our girls, their friends had no trouble fixing the dresses correctly.

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Robyn wrote:Something that the seamstress could do, if not done already, is to color code the strings that are used to tie up the bustle...she could even use colored thread on each string so that the bridesmaids will have an easier time. Our seamstress did that for our girls, their friends had no trouble fixing the dresses correctly.
GW was present for the fitting and knows what's what. Between her and the several bridesmaids, I think BD will manage to get into the thing.

Dunno if FSIL will be able to get her out, but I imagine he'll find a way. :twisted:
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

tanstaafl2

#5 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:10 pm

gsabc wrote:
Dunno if FSIL will be able to get her out, but I imagine he'll find a way. :twisted:
If all else fails I have found a KA-BAR is effective. No doubt he is familiar with it or something similar...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:37 pm

If all else fails I have found a KA-BAR is effective. No doubt he is familiar with it or something similar...

...like tequila...

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#7 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:54 pm

gsabc wrote:
Robyn wrote:Something that the seamstress could do, if not done already, is to color code the strings that are used to tie up the bustle...she could even use colored thread on each string so that the bridesmaids will have an easier time. Our seamstress did that for our girls, their friends had no trouble fixing the dresses correctly.
GW was present for the fitting and knows what's what. Between her and the several bridesmaids, I think BD will manage to get into the thing.

Well if it's anything like a prom dress, it'll slip off easily.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#8 Post by kayrharris » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:22 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
gsabc wrote:

Well if it's anything like a prom dress, it'll slip off easily.
The voice of experience???
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin