QoD Announcement

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
TheCalvinator24

QoD Announcement

#1 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:16 pm

The opening of the November 2007 QoD will be delayed until the afternoon tomorrow. I had intended to kick it off early in the morning, but work obligations will keep me tied up until after lunch.

Full rules will be posted tomorrow, but one thing I am re-introducing:

TIME BONUS!!!!!!
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:07 am

How'd you get the QoDMeister thingie under your name?

Great touch!

I am disappointed I won't be around this afternoon and I am looking forward to playing.

tanstaafl2

#3 Post by tanstaafl2 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:11 pm

peacock2121 wrote:How'd you get the QoDMeister thingie under your name?

Great touch!

I am disappointed I won't be around this afternoon and I am looking forward to playing.
What ever you type in for occupation in your profile will show up under your handle/name.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

TheCalvinator24

#4 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:13 pm

tubadave assigned that to me as a "rank." I assume he'll give it to whomever hosts each month.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#5 Post by tubadave » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:49 pm

TheCalvinator24 wrote:tubadave assigned that to me as a "rank." I assume he'll give it to whomever hosts each month.
That's correct. I created the special "rank" last night and assigned it just to Calvinator. Only admins can change the ranks, so eyégor, lb13 or myself will have to move it around from month to month as the Meistership changes hands.

I also had the idea to give the current QoDMeister an upgrade to Moderator status each month, so that they can take care of assigning and removing "Sticky" status from the QoD posts each day. Of course, that idea will be shelved if a particular Meister doesn't want that status, or if a QoDMeister gets power-hungry and goes on a post-deleting rampage or something. :lol:

I must say, I'm looking forward to trying out the QoD (albeit in a somewhat casual manner) this month. After being so heavily involved in its earliest iterations, now I can't remember the last time I actually answered a QoD question. :shock:
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

peacock2121

#6 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:54 pm

Great ideas!

Thanks for answering.

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#7 Post by tubadave » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:57 pm

Don't forget that ranks can be assigned to anyone, and they can be pretty much anything you want.....if someone thinks of one that they want to have appear under their name, just let eyégor, lb13 or myself know, and we can set that up for you in a matter of seconds.

8)
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

peacock2121

#8 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:02 am

This could be a very fun thing. This could be more self-expressive than our avatars can be.

I like it.

tanstaafl2

#9 Post by tanstaafl2 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:25 am

tanstaafl2 wrote:

Great touch!

What ever you type in for occupation in your profile will show up under your handle/name.
Hm, perhaps that only works for Merry Men?
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#10 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:32 am

tubadave wrote:Don't forget that ranks can be assigned to anyone, and they can be pretty much anything you want.....if someone thinks of one that they want to have appear under their name, just let eyégor, lb13 or myself know, and we can set that up for you in a matter of seconds.

8)
I'm pleasantly surprised beast hasn't given me a rank yet!

Pain in the Ass?

Thorn in the Side?

Low-level Lackey?

:P :P

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:35 am

tanstaafl2 wrote:
tanstaafl2 wrote:

Great touch!

Hm, perhaps that only works for Merry Men?

No, admins have to enter and assign ranks.

I didn't start the assigning of the rank "Merry Man" for MM's, but I have done the assigning for most of the ones created in the past two weeks...

lb13

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:02 pm

taping my watch

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire