4 days, 14 days, and some trivia questions

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

4 days, 14 days, and some trivia questions

#1 Post by frogman042 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:17 pm

4 days from now I will be walking my son down the aisle at his wedding, the first of children to get married.

14 days I will be in the Hot Seat (unless I'm bumped to the following Monday).

I'm trying to keep the stress level down to a minor hysteria. The day before the wedding is my scheduled phone interview with my producer from Millionaire.

I'll be leaving Austin on Wed. afternoon, the 23rd, and landing in Philidelphia near midnight then driving to Long Island to stay with my sister. 2 days later is my tape date.

Is there anyone on the bored who might be on the audience on the Friday, the 25th? Feel free to let me know.

Finally, here is the promised trivia questions - triggered by the number 14:

14 or fight was a slogan from what movie?
What did it mean?
In the same movie they revamped the slogan, what was the new slogan?
Finally, before becoming a comedian, the famous person (who at the time was a relatively unknown) had a dramitic role in this movie - who was this world famous comedian/actor?

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:33 pm

Your son is getting married on a Tuesday? Congratulations to one out of the nest and on his own.

14 or 4 had something to do with changing the voting age to 14 during the Vietnam war - I suppose since they would be the ones going off to fight in the next few years. That's a stab.....not sure what the new slogan was.

The actor would be Richard Pryor?

Dunno anything else. Someone can fill in the blanks I left.

Good luck on your wedding, travel to NYC and the hotseat!!!
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Oops, left off the movie title

"Wild in the Streets"....a concept of teenagers running the country would indeed be wild.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#4 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:44 pm

My guess on the new slogan would be "Never trust anyone over 30."
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

MarleysGh0st

Re: 4 days, 14 days, and some trivia questions

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:23 pm

frogman042 wrote:4 days from now I will be walking my son down the aisle at his wedding, the first of children to get married.

14 days I will be in the Hot Seat (unless I'm bumped to the following Monday).
Exactly the situation that gsabc was getting so worried about! (No, wait, he was worried about the opposite order.)

Although maybe it's easier for the Father of the Groom than it is for the Father of the Bride? :P

Congratulations to your son!

And your producer will love whatever nervous excitement might be in your voice during the phone interview. You've already been cast for the Hot Seat, so nothing will change that.

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:14 pm

How many of your ten kids are going to New York with you?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#7 Post by frogman042 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:07 pm

Bob Juch wrote:How many of your ten kids are going to New York with you?
My wife and my two youngest (ages 9 and 11) and I'm hoping they will get a chance to be at the taping.

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:05 am

frogman042 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:How many of your ten kids are going to New York with you?
My wife and my two youngest (ages 9 and 11) and I'm hoping they will get a chance to be at the taping.
You might want to discuss that with your producer when you have your phone interview. It seems that sometime they relax that "must be over 18" rule and sometimes they can be real sticklers about it. When I was in the audience last year, the parents of one contestant were saying that their 17-year-old daughter wasn't even allowed in to watch her brother tape!

So that's all of them in your new avatar? That's great! :)

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#9 Post by frogman042 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:35 am

MarleysGh0st wrote: So that's all of them in your new avatar? That's great! :)
Yep, that's the gang from youngest to oldest left to right. My son who is getting married is in the middle of the bottom row.

earendel

Re: 4 days, 14 days, and some trivia questions

#10 Post by earendel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:08 am

frogman042 wrote:Finally, here is the promised trivia questions - triggered by the number 14:

14 or fight was a slogan from what movie?
What did it mean?
In the same movie they revamped the slogan, what was the new slogan?
Finally, before becoming a comedian, the famous person (who at the time was a relatively unknown) had a dramitic role in this movie - who was this world famous comedian/actor?
The movie was "Wild in the Streets" (which I actually saw in the theater). The slogan was a takeoff on "Never trust anyone over 30" and referred to a move to lower the voting age. The movie featured Hal Holbrook and Shelly Winters and a young Barry Williams (before he was on The Brady Bunch); I'm guessing you're asking about him.

This was quite a movie - it dealt with issues such as the war, voting age, etc. - Holbrook's character wanted to lower the voting age from 21 to 18 (which happened in 1971) and used a popular rock band (Max Frost and the Troopers) in his campaign appearances. At the end there was a dystopian climax - "old" people were locked up in camps and kept docile by LSD.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#11 Post by hermillion » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:25 am

world famous comedian/actor
Richard Pryor
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana