Not one stinkin' trick-or-treatin' Dorothy!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

Re: Not one stinkin' trick-or-treatin' Dorothy!

#26 Post by tubadave » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:58 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
fuzzywuzzy wrote:fuzzy (Marley may I have permission to grumble?)
Certainly!

<grumble>®

I've already managed to add a "spoiler" button.....I wonder if I can modify the Bored code to give us a Grumble® button? :lol:

It could even send an email to Marley, asking if it's ok to use it. :mrgreen:
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#27 Post by cindy.wellman » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:04 pm

kayrharris wrote:As an addendum to my Halloween Grinch comment yesterday, I honestly wouldn't mind giving out candy to the neighborhood kids. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Cars were lined up on both sides of the streets in our neighborhood for approximately 2 1/2 miles. There were at least 6 golf carts flying up and down the road and I saw two large flat bed trailers being pulled by 4 wheelers loaded with kids.I may have underestimated when I said 1000 kids would come through here. There were still kids out going door to door at 9:15.
Wow, Kay! I guess it is a good feeling to know that the parents of the kids feel that your neighborhood might feel safe enough to bring their kids. :D Maybe it is just the rumors of good candy. LOL Has the number of children been steadily increasing throughout the years?

There was a similar road in Alaska on base where a lot of the parents brought their children. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence that this road was made up entirely of homes belonging to the Officers. It was a complete zoo...

I gasped when I read the part of your message that said that you saw golf carts and flat bed trailers. I would have been shocked too! :shock:

mellytu74

#28 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:30 pm

When we moved to this house in 1969, there were scores of young kids on our street and in our typical Philly rowhouse neighborhood.

Dad retired in the mid-1970s and spent a lot of time working in our tiny yard out front. The kids would come around and he would tell them stories.

When they see Mom at the polls, both our Democratic and Republican City Committeemen tell her how much they loved walking by our house and hoping Dad was there, so they could hear stories.

One time I recall, the plumber's kids came over and asked if Mr. Driscoll could come out and play.

So Mom and Dad both made a big deal of Halloween. They'd ooh and ah over the costumes and -- because there were so many kids -- there was always a big parade of them up and down the street.

Since she doesn't know many of the neighborhood kids anymore, TLAF stopped doing Halloween years ago.

I've spent the last couple at The Boyfriend's House.

We had LOTS of fairies this year. No idea why.

And two cops, who were with a fireman and a cowboy, ranging in age from 8 to 11. Very cute. Two of them live across the street and two of them are their cousins.

The mother (who lives across the street) said Mrs. Palumbo down the street asked if they were the Village People.

She didn't realize how MUCH they looked like the Village People until then, which was on the way home.

Mrs. Palumbo is almost TLAF's age.

I guess YMCA is a universal senior line dance anthem.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#29 Post by kayrharris » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:32 pm

This is only my 2nd year in this neighborhood, Cindy. We moved here in November, so we missed it the first year we lived here.

From what I can tell, I would say we had more this year than we had last year. I don't remember the golf carts or flat bed trailers, and the line of cars parked on the street was much longer.