Five Cent Notebooks

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#26 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:41 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:You guys crack me up.

See what we talk about when you're not around.....

lb13
I'm here and I don't know what the heck you're talking about.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#27 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:42 am

peacock2121 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:You guys crack me up.

lb13
Who knew there were 5 cent notebooks?

Who knew that I needed to note wide rule or not?

I get smarter by being here.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who learns stuff here.

There are times I read threads and feel downright stupid....

lb13

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#28 Post by Rexer25 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:44 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Who knew there were 5 cent notebooks?

Who knew that I needed to note wide rule or not?

I get smarter by being here.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who learns stuff here.

There are times I read threads and feel downright stupid....

lb13
That's better than me. There are times I post stuff and feel stupid.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

eyégor
???????

#29 Post by eyégor » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:00 am

There were only college ruled 5 cent notebooks at the Super Dooper Mega Walmart *

They still need someone for that Suavitel aisle.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#30 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:01 am

eyégor wrote:There were only college ruled 5 cent notebooks at the Super Dooper Mega Walmart *

So THAT's where they sent them.....

lb13

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

#31 Post by Here's Fanny! » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:06 am

eyégor wrote:There were only college ruled 5 cent notebooks at the Super Dooper Mega Walmart *

Since all of our Walmarts are Super (thanks for asking!), I'll plan on there being college rule for as far as the eye can see.
Spoiler
I'm darned good and ready.

eyégor
???????

#32 Post by eyégor » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:21 am

Here's Fanny! wrote:

Since all of our Walmarts are Super (thanks for asking!), I'll plan on there being college rule for as far as the eye can see.

ahh, yes. But none can compare to ours , which swallowed an old Sam's Club whole, making it the largest in North America, if not the world.

http://blog.wakeupwalmart.com/ufcw/2008 ... _open.html

http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/NewsRoom/8286.aspx

btw, they didn't open the old Sam's tire section, so they have room for expansion.

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

#33 Post by Here's Fanny! » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:06 pm

eyégor wrote:
Here's Fanny! wrote:

ahh, yes. But none can compare to ours , which swallowed an old Sam's Club whole, making it the largest in North America, if not the world.

http://blog.wakeupwalmart.com/ufcw/2008 ... _open.html

http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/NewsRoom/8286.aspx

btw, they didn't open the old Sam's tire section, so they have room for expansion.
Woooooowwwwwwwww. (You know whose voice to say that in. Ha!)

Local report: Notebooks 5 cents. However, in a fun twist of fate, college rule ONLY, no wide rules in sight! I'll have to check next week to see if they've got the wides as I need a couple of those as well.

Pencil addendum: Pack of 24 Papermate for 92 cents. Picked up one package to give them a test drive. I don't think I've ever used Papermate before (I didn't even know they made pencils!), but they used to make a good pen (Write Bros).

Also got a package of glue sticks and a bottle. I still have some but, at 22 cents each, you never know when a party is going to break out and you need a bottle of glue. Better safe than sorry.
Spoiler

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#34 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:34 pm

Here's Fanny! wrote:Local report: Notebooks 5 cents. However, in a fun twist of fate, college rule ONLY, no wide rules in sight!

<grumble>®

lb13

otherindigo

#35 Post by otherindigo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:55 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:Our Walmart (Gimme a splat!) is advertising the 5 cent notebooks.

I don't often use pencils, so my WWTBAM auditions keep me well-enough supplied with those. 8)
And refrigerator magnets as well.
I only have three of them. :)
Refrigerator magnets?!?!?! WHA!!!! [whiny voice/]I don't have one.[/whiny voice]

otherindigo

#36 Post by otherindigo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:58 pm

I don't know that they've started any "huge" sales around here yet. They normally wait until Tax-Free weekend to get it started. I try to stock up for the year. I swear there has to be a place in heaven for pencils or a secret hiding place. I go through so many each year.

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#37 Post by AnnieCamaro » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:14 pm

Yay! I'm now typing on my new laptop podium. This is much more comfy, and it's easier to watch the videos of my physics lectures now.

I also wish to report that Lizbit's duck no longer has a quacker. I talked her into taking it out so that we could do a duck science lab, sort of like our previous squirrel nest deconstructions. It's a much nicer duck without all the yakking. Unlike squirrel nests, ducks do not have duct tape inside. Science is full of surprises.

/:P\

Note: My new laptop podium is not shown in this avatar photo. This picture was taken by Miss Kay before I had a podium of my own.
Sou iu koto de.

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#38 Post by cindy.wellman » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:01 am

otherindigo wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote: And refrigerator magnets as well.
Refrigerator magnets?!?!?! WHA!!!! [whiny voice/]I don't have one.[/whiny voice]
All I got was two cute little tins of mints that said KOMO or something similar. I should still have them, prolly still in one of our many unpacked boxes. Our pencils we received were generic. :(

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

#39 Post by Here's Fanny! » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:57 am

cindy.wellman wrote:
otherindigo wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: I only have three of them. :)
All I got was two cute little tins of mints that said KOMO or something similar. I should still have them, prolly still in one of our many unpacked boxes. Our pencils we received were generic. :(
Ha, you had three tins of mints before you broke down and gave me one of them. My pencils said KOMO on them. I finally used them a few years ago when I was in my organization and decluttering mode because it was silly to have pencils around that I wouldn't use. The only two I have left that I don't use is a Cardinal pencil I got at Busch Stadium and one from The Left Hand in Indianapolis.
Spoiler

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#40 Post by Evil Squirrel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:40 am

AnnieCamaro wrote:I also wish to report that Lizbit's duck no longer has a quacker. I talked her into taking it out so that we could do a duck science lab, sort of like our previous squirrel nest deconstructions. It's a much nicer duck without all the yakking. Unlike squirrel nests, ducks do not have duct tape inside. Science is full of surprises.

You're lucky I didn't take apart your laptop after you wrecked my happy home. Do you know how long it took me to find enough duct tape to replace the stuff you stole from me?

And I think the avatar problem may be a minor case of "user error".....
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

MarleysGh0st

#41 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:11 am

otherindigo wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote: And refrigerator magnets as well.
Whiny voice? You're whining?

Tell you what...

I'll trade you my entire set of official WWTBAM memorabilia: magnets, pencils, t-shirts including a Super-Millionaire shirt and the very rare 2006 WIAW shirt, the 2002 Meredith coin, a stack of Sad Cards and one unredeemed Happy Card...

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

I'll also throw in all of my WWTBAM-Play It! memorabilia: caps, polo shirts, a great many collectible pins running from 100 points to 32,000 points along with the lanyards to display them on...AND a couple of the "I was a Complete Stranger" buttons...

And all I want in return is the opportunity you had to sit in the Hot Seat.

:|

Billy Mays
Merry Man

#42 Post by Billy Mays » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:17 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
otherindigo wrote:

Tell you what...

I'll trade you my entire set of official WWTBAM memorabilia: magnets, pencils, t-shirts including a Super-Millionaire shirt and the very rare 2006 WIAW shirt, the 2002 Meredith coin, a stack of Sad Cards and one unredeemed Happy Card...

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

I'll also throw in all of my WWTBAM-Play It! memorabilia: caps, polo shirts, a great many collectible pins running from 100 points to 32,000 points along with the lanyards to display them on...AND a couple of the "I was a Complete Stranger" buttons...

VERY NICE PITCH, BUT YOU WERE WEAK IN THE END. KEEP PRACTICING, AND MAYBE ONE DAY YOU'LL BECOME AS ANNOYING AS ME!
BUT WAIT..... THERE'S MORE!!!!!!

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#43 Post by AnnieCamaro » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:49 am

Evil Squirrel wrote:
AnnieCamaro wrote:I also wish to report that Lizbit's duck no longer has a quacker. I talked her into taking it out so that we could do a duck science lab, sort of like our previous squirrel nest deconstructions. It's a much nicer duck without all the yakking. Unlike squirrel nests, ducks do not have duct tape inside. Science is full of surprises.

You're lucky I didn't take apart your laptop after you wrecked my happy home. Do you know how long it took me to find enough duct tape to replace the stuff you stole from me?

And I think the avatar problem may be a minor case of "user error".....
I did not wreck your happy home. The ice storm did that. I was turning tragedy into the benefit of knowledge for science! That's what we scientific researchers do.

I guess you're right about my "user error" on the avatar, although I put it in exactly like I always had done before. I tried something a little bit different this morning, so we'll see if it keeps on working. I tried something different as an experiment, because that's another thing that scientists do.

I told you about the absence of duct tape in ducks so that you could stop trying to steal all of Lizbit's toys. I've noticed that our Cruella DeVil is missing again. I hope you've given her a room with a nice view.

/:P\
Sou iu koto de.

otherindigo

#44 Post by otherindigo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:27 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
otherindigo wrote:

Tell you what...

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

:( *big hugs*

I'm sorry. I'd let you on the show if I had a say in anything.

MarleysGh0st

#45 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:32 am

otherindigo wrote: :( *big hugs*

Thanks, OI, and I'm sorry for jumping on your little quip so hard.

As you may have noticed, there was a lot of frustration for those of us still on the quest, yesterday.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#46 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:40 am

VERY NICE PITCH, BUT YOU WERE WEAK IN THE END. KEEP PRACTICING, AND MAYBE ONE DAY YOU'LL BECOME AS ANNOYING AS ME!

TPTB may already recognize marley's annoyance factor.

otherindigo

#47 Post by otherindigo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:41 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:

As you may have noticed, there was a lot of frustration for those of us still on the quest, yesterday.
I understand...really I do. It's hard not to lash out when emotions are raw. AND I was being inconsiderate/insensitive. I didn't mean to be.

I really do hope one day there will be good news for you all.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#48 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:43 am

otherindigo wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

I understand...really I do. It's hard not to lash out when emotions are raw. AND I was being inconsiderate/insensitive. I didn't mean to be.

I really do hope one day there will be good news for you all.

I already apologized to Marley. I hope to see him in the hotseat doing his best impression of a nerd.