Wedding news Day 237 and counting

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

Wedding news Day 237 and counting

#1 Post by kayrharris » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:35 am

Paid the deposit to the photographer, the reception venue, the church and we have a dress!

It's not a for sure dress, but believe it or not, we found this dress for $350. The veil and tiara total cost was $696.00! She is a tiny bit undecided, but liked it well enough to buy it even though we can't return it. Should be able to sell it on Ebay if she changes her mind.

Needs alterations to fit perfectly, but this is the view from the back, which is most everyone sees during the ceremony anyway. Opinions? She's quite thin, as this dress is a 2 and is too big.

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

gsabc

#2 Post by gsabc » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:52 am

Since all brides are beautiful, I only have one comment...

Size 2?!? :shock: Ain't you feedin' that kid?
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#3 Post by hermillion » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:32 am

It's beautimous! Is that applique/beading/etc down the back and around the train? That gives a nice "view" for the audience.

And a size 2 is too big? We need to introduce our daughters -- they could swap clothes!
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:38 am

It's applique and beading on the train. The front, which she wouldn't let me photograph since it's too big, has the same beading along the bust line and down the front.
Benjamin Franklin

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:09 am

kayrharris wrote:It's applique and beading on the train. The front, which she wouldn't let me photograph since it's too big, has the same beading along the bust line and down the front.
Okay, I'm just imagining what the front looks like, but I think that is a gorgeous dress -- elegant simplicity without severity. I love it. I personally don't care so much for tons of ruffles and lace on bridal gowns, so this one seems perfect.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#6 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:13 am

silvercamaro wrote:
kayrharris wrote:It's applique and beading on the train. The front, which she wouldn't let me photograph since it's too big, has the same beading along the bust line and down the front.
Okay, I'm just imagining what the front looks like, but I think that is a gorgeous dress -- elegant simplicity without severity. I love it. I personally don't care so much for tons of ruffles and lace on bridal gowns, so this one seems perfect.
I'm thinking a little severity couldn't hurt.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#7 Post by kayrharris » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:27 am

silvercamaro wrote:

The applique & beading on the front is very similar to what you see on the back. Maybe even a little less.
Benjamin Franklin

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

Re: Wedding news Day 237 and counting

#8 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:46 am

kayrharris wrote:Paid the deposit to the photographer, the reception venue, the church and we have a dress!

It's not a for sure dress, but believe it or not, we found this dress for $350. The veil and tiara total cost was $696.00! She is a tiny bit undecided, but liked it well enough to buy it even though we can't return it. Should be able to sell it on Ebay if she changes her mind.

Needs alterations to fit perfectly, but this is the view from the back, which is most everyone sees during the ceremony anyway. Opinions? She's quite thin, as this dress is a 2 and is too big.

I suggest getting rid of that orange stain in the bottom left hand corner of the dress before the ceremony.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:55 am

This is quite beautiful. I approve. Good job.

Sigh. Size 2?
Well, then

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#10 Post by sunflower » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:39 pm

So pretty!!! :D

The store had a size 2 in stock to buy??? Usually they're all bigger and you have to imagine. I have not had the pleasure of trying on wedding gowns but after putting on 50 size 10 bridesmaids gowns and having women wrap fabric around me and clip it with hair clips or tie ribbons around me...well let's just say you get a much better picture with a dress that fits a little better.

Plus you do want room for custom alterations. So a little big is okay. Did you get this at a local store or a bigger store? Is it a known designer? Just living vicariously through you and banking the knowledge for my day someday...

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#11 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:04 pm

It's a beautiful! I love all of the details on the train.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#12 Post by kayrharris » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:31 pm

sunflower wrote:So pretty!!! :D

The store had a size 2 in stock to buy??? Usually they're all bigger and you have to imagine. I have not had the pleasure of trying on wedding gowns but after putting on 50 size 10 bridesmaids gowns and having women wrap fabric around me and clip it with hair clips or tie ribbons around me...well let's just say you get a much better picture with a dress that fits a little better.

Plus you do want room for custom alterations. So a little big is okay. Did you get this at a local store or a bigger store? Is it a known designer? Just living vicariously through you and banking the knowledge for my day someday...
I don't know the brand and she has it at her house. We got it at a small store in the small town of Tallapoosa, GA outside of Atlanta.
Benjamin Franklin

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#13 Post by kayrharris » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:33 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
kayrharris wrote:Paid the deposit to the photographer, the reception venue, the church and we have a dress!

I suggest getting rid of that orange stain in the bottom left hand corner of the dress before the ceremony.
When I get rid of my Sony Cyber Shot the orange will disappear. It's too much trouble to try figure out how to remove the date at this point. :shock:
Benjamin Franklin

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#14 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:40 pm

kayrharris wrote:
It's too much trouble to try figure out how to remove the date at this point. :shock:
It's bad manners for her to take a date to her own wedding! I'm shocked, I tell you.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#15 Post by secondchance » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:06 am

how lovely!

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#16 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:20 am

silvercamaro wrote:
kayrharris wrote:
It's too much trouble to try figure out how to remove the date at this point. :shock:
It's bad manners for her to take a date to her own wedding! I'm shocked, I tell you.
A girl needs a backup plan......