Word gets around!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

Word gets around!

#1 Post by cindy.wellman » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:41 am

Eric hurt his Achilles tendon, and following an appointment with his doctor this afternoon, we went to Walmart to fill his prescription. We were in line to pay for a few other things when I overheard this conversation:

Cashier: No, I hadn't heard that.

Customer #1: Yep, they're doing away with the little hyphen between the words Wal and Mart.

Cashier: Wow, I had no idea

Customer #2: (in front of me) Oh, and did you hear that they're getting a new logo as well?

Cashier: No, I hadn't heard that either. Boy, you two know more about the store than I do.

Customer #2: Yeah, I haven't seen the logo, but I just read about it a couple of weeks ago.

Cindy: (lol, of course I jumped in): I heard all of this too. I think the new logo might look like this (points to star logo thingy, that happens to be on a brochure in front of checkout).

Customer #2: That's it exactly! Did you hear that they're changing the colors to an orange?

Cindy: No, I didn't hear that. (I wasn't sure what he meant by changing the colors to orange)

Customer #1 to cashier: Well young man, I think you need to brush up on what's happening with your employer.

Cashier, blushing (lolol): Yeah, I guess so!!

Cindy to customers #1 and #2: Are either of you named Littlebeast or have you heard of the site WWTBAMbored?

LOLOLOLOL, ok I'm kidding on that last part. But to me, it is WEIRD that this conversation happened.

:)

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:38 am

Made me laugh!