Sheesh, leave for an afternoon and all heck breaks loose!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Sheesh, leave for an afternoon and all heck breaks loose!

#1 Post by gsabc » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:15 am

What a massacre! Until I saw winamill's post, I was thinking that TPTB just set a cut-off date for successful auditioning - "Anyone coming through after today gets the FOAD card." Or maybe they just ran out of Happy Cards and the budget was too small to order new ones.

If I can spend some time on it, there's a song parody coming about this. The original is kinda long, though, so it'll take a bit.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

Re: Sheesh, leave for an afternoon and all heck breaks loose

#2 Post by frogman042 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:25 am

gsabc wrote:What a massacre! Until I saw winamill's post, I was thinking that TPTB just set a cut-off date for successful auditioning - "Anyone coming through after today gets the FOAD card." Or maybe they just ran out of Happy Cards and the budget was too small to order new ones.

If I can spend some time on it, there's a song parody coming about this. The original is kinda long, though, so it'll take a bit.
I don't know if anyone here checks in on the Television Without Pity WWTBAM board (it was from that board that I found you great folks!) - it is not nearly as active as the bored - but not dead yet. It appears that there were two more people getting the call. One is taping on Monday the 28th and the most recent one got the call just 9 days after their interview even before they got the happy card. So they must have auditioned at the beginning of July - so to everyone waiting for their audition - don't despair!!!

No real comment other then to add some data points about the process....

---Jay

idream

#3 Post by idream » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:20 pm

Huh. :?

I checked the TWOP forum and there was someone called pbrstreetgang commenting on the July 3 audition (at 6:30 pm). He said only 5-6 passed and none got a taped interview.

*raises hand*

Actually, I did. I was the only one, though, and was instructed to wait along the back wall while they chatted with the other passers. I was only taken to the interview room (in a galaxy far, far away) after the others had been thanked for their time, left the building, etc. I guess he didn't notice me waiting and assumed that they tape the... taped interviews right there. He didn't see any = none took place?

Heh.

I don't know why this is bugging me. It doesn't mean anything about my chances.

But I'm second-guessing myself in general-- I could have sworn there were more like 10 passers, not 5-6.

Like that means anything!

Ah, this postcard watch will be the death of me. I'm scared to death after yesterday!

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#4 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:57 pm

idream wrote:Huh. :?

I checked the TWOP forum and there was someone called pbrstreetgang commenting on the July 3 audition (at 6:30 pm). He said only 5-6 passed and none got a taped interview.

*raises hand*

Actually, I did. I was the only one, though, and was instructed to wait along the back wall while they chatted with the other passers. I was only taken to the interview room (in a galaxy far, far away) after the others had been thanked for their time, left the building, etc. I guess he didn't notice me waiting and assumed that they tape the... taped interviews right there. He didn't see any = none took place?

Heh.

But I'm second-guessing myself in general-- I could have sworn there were more like 10 passers, not 5-6.

Ah, this postcard watch will be the death of me. I'm scared to death after yesterday!
Keep the dream alive!
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

idream

#5 Post by idream » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:13 pm

I'm a-tryin'!

:lol:

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

#6 Post by Here's Fanny! » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:08 pm

idream wrote:Huh. :?

*raises hand*

Heh.

Don't let it bug you. I wouldn't necessarily put any stock in something a TWoP poster who calls himself pbrstreetgang chose to put to screen.

He was probably too distracted scratching his red neck and pulling up his white socks to notice anything going on around him.

Maybe TPTB are holding back the follow up tapers until the rest leave in order to discourage such head counting and conspiracy theory discussions (nice work there, boys!).
Spoiler
I'm darned good and ready.

idream

#7 Post by idream » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:23 pm

Maybe TPTB are holding back the follow up tapers until the rest leave in order to discourage such head counting and conspiracy theory discussions (nice work there, boys!).
Heh. Probably!

I think that's what bugged me-- that the guy assumed that since he didn't get an interview, no one did (or no one could have, b/c we were all "too boring" or it was "too late in the day"). Or that he was so interested in sizing up his fellow male "competition" that he didn't notice the one woman who passed. Even if she was wearing a red dress. :P