Three years for threatening squirrels

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
NSAS
Merry Man

Three years for threatening squirrels

#1 Post by NSAS » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:49 pm

Justice in a Squirrely world
CENTRAL JERSEY —Caught speeding in Highland Park in April in his father's Acura RSX, Ryan Narciso found out the hard way about a recent change in a New Jersey gun law that could send him to prison for three years.

The 20-year-old sales clerk at a shop at Menlo Park Mall and former Middlesex County College student had a pellet handgun in the car, according to an indictment filed last week in Superior Court, New Brunswick.

The gun, a Gamo P-23, was sitting under the rear window of the 2004 coupe. Looking like a larger-caliber handgun, the firearm drew a quick response from the bicycle-patrol officer who stopped Narciso for doing 40 mph in a 25-mph zone. With gun drawn, the officer arrested him.

Narciso's father, an architect, bought the pellet gun at a garage sale a few years ago to fend off squirrels that made their way into the attic of the families home on Mount Pleasant Avenue in Edison, the father and Narciso's lawyer, Amilcar Perez of Perth Amboy, said.
Arboreal Machiavellians need love, too.

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:54 pm

A bicycle-patrol officer was able to pull over somebody doing 40 mph in a car? :shock:

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#3 Post by AnnieCamaro » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:59 pm

I do not approve of shooting squirrels. I still think it should be okay to threaten them every now and then, however.

That keeps them on their toes.

/:P\
Sou iu koto de.

Evel Squirrel
Merry Man

#4 Post by Evel Squirrel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:01 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:A bicycle-patrol officer was able to pull over somebody doing 40 mph in a car? :shock:
Good thing he's on the good guys' side. I don't think my bike can take his.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#5 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:37 pm

Just wait until those yahoos try to use a pellet gun on me....."Go ahead, make my day!"
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

elwoodblues

#6 Post by elwoodblues » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:10 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:Just wait until those yahoos try to use a pellet gun on me....."Go ahead, make my day!"
Now that's an evil squirrel.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#7 Post by kayrharris » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Between Uly's current avatar and Thousandaire's avatar, I'm guaranteed flinching when reading their posts.

Totally off topic, did anyone see the photo of the surfer in Florida with the shark jumping out of the water right beside him? Certainly looked photo shopped to me and poorly photo shopped. They interviewed the photographer this morning on the morning shows and he swears he didn't doctor it.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#8 Post by Evil Squirrel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:02 pm

It's about time we get tougher laws to protect us from jerks with pellet guns. A pellet gun!?!?! What a pussy! When I was younger, me and my friends used to catch pellets in our teeth....
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#9 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:18 pm

Evil Squirrel wrote:It's about time we get tougher laws to protect us from jerks with pellet guns. A pellet gun!?!?! What a pussy! When I was younger, me and my friends used to catch pellets in our teeth....
Do you still have any teeth?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#10 Post by Evil Squirrel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:30 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:[Do you still have any teeth?

I chewed through that screen, didn't I?

<---------------
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#11 Post by kayrharris » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:50 pm

Evil Squirrel wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:[Do you still have any teeth?

I chewed through that screen, didn't I?

<---------------
ES, perhaps you should ask him the same question. :evil:
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin