Saw Merry Man Larry Bud Selig last night

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
traininvain

Saw Merry Man Larry Bud Selig last night

#1 Post by traininvain » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:45 pm

I was fortunate enough to have been the +1 at the post Home Run Derby party thrown by The Yankees.

Bud came by and made his way around the room in about 20 minutes and then left. I suppose he needed to get back and check on the doings of The Bored.

I tried to play it as cool as possible but had to say hello to Paul O'Neill and shake Joe Girardi's hand. Otherwise I saw a few Hall of Famers and some other semi-notables.

The only drawback of the night was that the party didn't start until 11:00 PM and by the time I made it home from the train ride and into bed it was 3:30 AM.
But I'm not complaining :D
Enjoy every sandwich

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

Re: Saw Merry Man Larry Bud Selig last night

#2 Post by Here's Fanny! » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:10 pm

traininvain wrote:I was fortunate enough to have been the +1 at the post Home Run Derby party thrown by The Yankees.

Bud came by and made his way around the room in about 20 minutes and then left. I suppose he needed to get back and check on the doings of The Bored.

I tried to play it as cool as possible but had to say hello to Paul O'Neill and shake Joe Girardi's hand. Otherwise I saw a few Hall of Famers and some other semi-notables.

The only drawback of the night was that the party didn't start until 11:00 PM and by the time I made it home from the train ride and into bed it was 3:30 AM.
I saw a teaser for his appearance on a talk show (I was watching CBS for a couple of hours so it was probably Letterman) and I could have sworn he was wearing that same suit that he has on in his avatar here!

Either he only has one suit or I spend too much time conversing with Merry Men.
Spoiler
I'm darned good and ready.

Larry Bud Selig
Merry Man

Re: Saw Merry Man Larry Bud Selig last night

#3 Post by Larry Bud Selig » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Here's Fanny! wrote:
traininvain wrote:I was fortunate enough to have been the +1 at the post Home Run Derby party thrown by The Yankees.

I saw a teaser for his appearance on a talk show (I was watching CBS for a couple of hours so it was probably Letterman) and I could have sworn he was wearing that same suit that he has on in his avatar here!

Either he only has one suit or I spend too much time conversing with Merry Men.
It's my lucky suit. It has gotten me a baseball team, the commissionership, it has worked wonders in the labor negotiations, and it was a winner in those Congressional hearings a few years ago. Maybe one of these days, I'll come out in one of those old flashy suits I wore back in my used car days....

Sorry I missed you, TiV, but I had to get back to the big party A-Rod was throwing. I got Madonna to autograph my bat if you know what I mean....

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#4 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Sorry I missed you, TiV, but I had to get back to the big party A-Rod was throwing. I got Madonna to autograph my bat if you know what I mean....

I hope there was no pine tar scandal......
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Larry Bud Selig
Merry Man

#5 Post by Larry Bud Selig » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:14 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:

No, but she was able to sign her FULL name...........

Four Hour Stiffy
Merry Man

#6 Post by Four Hour Stiffy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:15 pm

Larry Bud Selig wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

No, but she was able to sign her FULL name...........

I thought you had banned performance enhancers.....
BOOOIIIIIINNNGGGGG!!!!!