I put on a thong for this?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
PlacentiaSoccerMom

I put on a thong for this?

#1 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:35 pm

We spent an hour and a half driving to LA to audition for Trivial Pursuit. We waited outside, had our pictures taken and used the studio bathroom.

We filled out the paperwork and were getting ready to take the test when my first-cousin-once-removed-in-law walked in. I didn't know that he was working on the show.

After he saw us, we were told that we could take the test, but we couldn't be on the show, nor could we be one of America's Players.

I missed one question on the test, my husband missed three or four, but we both passed.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:40 pm

Phooey. It's not like you married the guy.

Since you were there, however, did they give you an indication of how the game will be played for tv?
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:45 pm

They didn't let us see the game simulation. They showed the YouTube Video to the contestants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCIbZAgY66k

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:46 pm

Well phooey. Seems a bit of a stretch, but I guess they have to be really strict about that kind of stuff.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#5 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:47 pm

The best part of the day, a Middle Eastern Market opened up near our house and we went to it for the first time on the way home. We were able to get spicy hummus, dolmas and Mashti Malone's Rose Ice Cream. We found pomegranate syrup, rose jelly, bergamot jelly, pastries, rose water, orange flower water and sesame rolls. It's the first grocery that I have ever seen that stocks fresh goat.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#6 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:49 pm

The test was easy. We were able to remember all of the questions and we asked them to Maddie when we came home. She only missed three.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:18 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:The best part of the day, a Middle Eastern Market opened up near our house and we went to it for the first time on the way home. We were able to get spicy hummus, dolmas and Mashti Malone's Rose Ice Cream. We found pomegranate syrup, rose jelly, bergamot jelly, pastries, rose water, orange flower water and sesame rolls. It's the first grocery that I have ever seen that stocks fresh goat.
They also many varieties of Turkish Delight. Yummy!

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#8 Post by kayrharris » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:29 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:The best part of the day, a Middle Eastern Market opened up near our house and we went to it for the first time on the way home. We were able to get spicy hummus, dolmas and Mashti Malone's Rose Ice Cream. We found pomegranate syrup, rose jelly, bergamot jelly, pastries, rose water, orange flower water and sesame rolls. It's the first grocery that I have ever seen that stocks fresh goat.

No Middle Eastern markets here. You made me look up Turkish Delight. Looks pretty good, but very sweet??

That's fresh goat and not live goat, correct? :? My Greek friends buy a whole goat and cook it on a spit for the Greek Orthodox Easter celebration.
Benjamin Franklin

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#9 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:36 pm

kayrharris wrote:

No Middle Eastern markets here. You made me look up Turkish Delight. Looks pretty good, but very sweet??

It's a nice kind of sweet. We bought a variety pack with rose, mint and lemon. It's like very smooth jelly candies with powdered sugar on top.

That's fresh goat and not live goat, correct? :? My Greek friends buy a whole goat and cook it on a spit for the Greek Orthodox Easter celebration.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#10 Post by kayrharris » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:41 pm

Dang, according the website that ice cream is $8.95 a quart. It says Whole Foods carries it. Not one here, but there is one in Birmingham. May have to check it out when I'm there.
Benjamin Franklin

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#11 Post by sunflower » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:44 pm

$8.95 a quart??? And I thought the $5.99 I paid for organic whole grain blueberry muffin mix at Whole Foods was bad!!! Geez!!!

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#12 Post by kayrharris » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:58 pm

I got all the ingredients to make a German Chocolate cake today and the tab came to almost $20.00!
Benjamin Franklin

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#13 Post by sunflower » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:16 pm

It's almost getting to the point where it isn't cheaper to bake anymore! I enjoy doing it but it was also nice knowing you were getting a better deal than buying something at a bakery. At least brownies are still cheap!!

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#14 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:33 pm

kayrharris wrote:Dang, according the website that ice cream is $8.95 a quart. It says Whole Foods carries it. Not one here, but there is one in Birmingham. May have to check it out when I'm there.
It's really good ice cream. It tastes like roses.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#15 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:50 pm

kayrharris wrote:Dang, according the website that ice cream is $8.95 a quart. It says Whole Foods carries it. Not one here, but there is one in Birmingham. May have to check it out when I'm there.
It's really good ice cream. It tastes like roses.
I think I'll just go and munch my neighbor's roses.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#16 Post by kayrharris » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:54 pm

I can't say that I've ever tasted a rose.
Benjamin Franklin

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

Re: I put on a thong for this?

#17 Post by secondchance » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:25 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:We spent an hour and a half driving to LA to audition for Trivial Pursuit. We waited outside, had our pictures taken and used the studio bathroom.

We filled out the paperwork and were getting ready to take the test when my first-cousin-once-removed-in-law walked in. I didn't know that he was working on the show.

After he saw us, we were told that we could take the test, but we couldn't be on the show, nor could we be one of America's Players.

I missed one question on the test, my husband missed three or four, but we both passed.
What a bummer! Well at least you had a fabulous feast. I imagine the heartburn is kicking in just about right now...

TheConfessor

#18 Post by TheConfessor » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:54 am

kayrharris wrote:I can't say that I've ever tasted a rose.
A rose by any other name would taste as sweet.

peacock2121

#19 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:50 am

kayrharris wrote:I can't say that I've ever tasted a rose.
kay is inside my head

peacock2121

#20 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:51 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote: We filled out the paperwork and were getting ready to take the test when my first-cousin-once-removed-in-law walked in. I didn't know that he was working on the show.

This does bring up an interesting question.

How closely related is related?

earendel

#21 Post by earendel » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:07 am

Looks like Edmund Peavensie has company. Watch out for the White Witch!
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#22 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:33 am

peacock2121 wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote: We filled out the paperwork and were getting ready to take the test when my first-cousin-once-removed-in-law walked in. I didn't know that he was working on the show.

This does bring up an interesting question.

How closely related is related?
Apparently, closely enough to recognize a relative on sight.

Bummer, PSM! :(

geoffil

#23 Post by geoffil » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:05 am

Yuk! What a pain to drive all the way there for nothing. Were there a lot of people at the audition?

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#24 Post by sunflower » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:11 am

Lesson learned: when at any audition, if anyone says your name or starts waving as if they know you, turn away. If they continue to pursue it, say loudly "I'm sorry sir/ma'am...I don't know you, can you please leave me alone..." :lol:

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#25 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:26 am

geoffil wrote:Yuk! What a pain to drive all the way there for nothing. Were there a lot of people at the audition?
There were about 50 people at the audition.