He probably wanted a Wii Fit

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
sunflower
Bored Hooligan

He probably wanted a Wii Fit

#1 Post by sunflower » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:14 pm

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- A bear is being blamed for a break-in at a Circuit City store in Colorado Springs, the Denverchannel reported.

Colorado Springs police confirmed it was a bear who broke a sliding glass door at the store Tuesday morning, then went inside to a customer waiting area where surveillance cameras recorded its every move.

The scared bear then ran back out the same broken glass door and headed for a tree.

Authorities said the young adult black bear had become spooked after setting off an alarm at a nearby Fazoli's restaurant.

Circuit City supervisor Dawn Greene joked that the bear probably wanted a new 72-inch LCD-screen television.

The Division of Wildlife was called to the scene, but officers were unable to find the bear. DOW spokesman Michael Seraphin said bear activity this year is high because of the dry weather. With little food in the high country, bears are making their way down to populated areas to search for food.

Residents in the area are getting their share of reported run-ins with wildlife. On Tuesday, the report of an African lion roaming a neighborhood near Colorado Springs triggered an eight-hour hunt. The sheriff's office eventually called off the search, saying it could not say for certain that the large animal pictured in two photos was an African lion.

http://www.nbc30.com/money/16893762/detail.html

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

Re: He probably wanted a Wii Fit

#2 Post by Here's Fanny! » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:22 pm

sunflower wrote:COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- A bear is being blamed for a break-in at a Circuit City store in Colorado Springs, the Denverchannel reported.

Colorado Springs police confirmed it was a bear who broke a sliding glass door at the store Tuesday morning, then went inside to a customer waiting area where surveillance cameras recorded its every move.

The scared bear then ran back out the same broken glass door and headed for a tree.

Authorities said the young adult black bear had become spooked after setting off an alarm at a nearby Fazoli's restaurant.

Circuit City supervisor Dawn Greene joked that the bear probably wanted a new 72-inch LCD-screen television.

The Division of Wildlife was called to the scene, but officers were unable to find the bear. DOW spokesman Michael Seraphin said bear activity this year is high because of the dry weather. With little food in the high country, bears are making their way down to populated areas to search for food.

Residents in the area are getting their share of reported run-ins with wildlife. On Tuesday, the report of an African lion roaming a neighborhood near Colorado Springs triggered an eight-hour hunt. The sheriff's office eventually called off the search, saying it could not say for certain that the large animal pictured in two photos was an African lion.

http://www.nbc30.com/money/16893762/detail.html
Ha, I didn't watch Judge Judy today, which means I didn't see the first part of the news, which means I didn't know about this. Had to check, and it isn't the Circuit City by me (next door to the BB&B). That would be funny, half a mile from me and I'm unaware, but people in Connecticut know all about it!
Spoiler
I'm darned good and ready.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#3 Post by sunflower » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:16 am

It was in the "bizarre news" section of our local NBC channel's website.