Can't get here on laptop

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

Can't get here on laptop

#1 Post by christie1111 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:08 pm

Says my IP address is masked

Any idea?
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

MarleysGh0st

Re: Can't get here on laptop

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:19 pm

christie1111 wrote:Says my IP address is masked

Any idea?
Are cookies enabled on the laptop?

Is your laptop communicating from one of the countries favored by spammers? (I don't see why that would be the case, but I think our Administrator has been experimenting with blocking some of those to cut down on the nasty intrusions.)

christie1111

#3 Post by christie1111 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:46 pm

I was on this morning

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:52 pm

Close the lap top and smack it.

That should work.

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#5 Post by tubadave » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:54 pm

Any idea?
Looks like my new security features (which I just implemented late last night, and hadn't gotten around to announcing yet) are working a little too well. :shock:
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

MarkBarrett

#6 Post by MarkBarrett » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:05 pm

I can't get on going through AOL and I get the masked IP business. Going off AOL and through IE direct with my broadband connection works. The change did occur this morning for me the first time.

christie1111

#7 Post by christie1111 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 pm

tubadave wrote:

Any idea?
Looks like my new security features (which I just implemented late last night, and hadn't gotten around to announcing yet) are working a little too well. :shock:
So you going to let me back? :?

tubadave

#8 Post by tubadave » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:34 pm

Entry number one in the Bored FAQ, when I get it written, is going to be, "Don't use AOL!" This code really seems to not like it, for some reason.

Christie, if your laptop continues to give you trouble, PM me, and we'll see if we can get it worked out.
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

tubadave

#9 Post by tubadave » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:45 pm

christie1111 wrote:
tubadave wrote:

Any idea?
So you going to let me back? :?
NEVER! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

er...ahem...just kidding....

Actually, it's interesting, because you said you were on this morning....but the security changes I made were put in place late last night. So I'm not sure what's going on.

Is the way that you connect to the internet with your laptop any different than how you connect with your regular computer?

Also, make sure that your laptop doesn't have viruses or spyware on it.....the security upgrades detect things like open proxies and IP masking, which are usually signs of 1) unwanted users with undesirable intentions, or 2) legitimate users whose computers have been infected with something.

MarkBarrett

#10 Post by MarkBarrett » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:52 pm

While checking the J! board (through AOL) after tonight's game I found one post with a link to this board. I clicked and I got in fine. After I left this board and tried again it was the masked IP message.

This morning I checked the board without a problem and it was the second entry that made the message appear the first time. I guess something happens between the first visit and subsequent visits?