OK, MMFF, you would have, uh, handled this how?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)

Snaxx

#2 Post by Snaxx » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:18 pm

You say you want a Revolution . . .

-------

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:55 pm

I'm just glad to find out that the New England Revolution is a team. I knew that some folks from Vermont wanted to secede from the union, but I was afraid that Connecticut was mad, too.

Edited to replace "succeed" with "secede," which is what I really meant. I thought I'd save some people, and they know who they are, from the trouble of having to correct me. I'm thoughtful that way.
Last edited by silvercamaro on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

elwoodblues

#4 Post by elwoodblues » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:12 pm

"The airplane had 151 passengers and seven crew members aboard."

Is this the largest crowd ever to see the New England Revolution in action?

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#5 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:17 pm

silvercamaro wrote:I'm just glad to find out that the New England Revolution is a team. I knew that some folks from Vermont wanted to succeed from the union, but I was afraid that Connecticut was mad, too.
Now you have to watch out for nekkid airline passengers as well as suavitel loving snakes.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

#6 Post by etaoin22 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:24 pm

And, wonders of the net, here are nearly two dozen pics available.

http://www.jetphotos.net/census/aircraf ... =757-27054

However, all are merely of the airframe identified by the registration.

None of the passenger. Yet.

gsabc

#7 Post by gsabc » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:39 pm

elwoodblues wrote:"The airplane had 151 passengers and seven crew members aboard."

The Revs are actually one of the most popular teams in the league. Considering they are almost always an afterthought on the local sports reports ("Oh, and the Revolution won, 2-1. Now here's Susie Knockwurst with the weather!"), it's amazing that they pull in fans as well as they do.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

marrymeflyfree

#8 Post by marrymeflyfree » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:11 am

Oy vey...

If I were in charge of the world, I would replace the insecurity checkpoint with a mental health screening.

andrewjackson

#9 Post by andrewjackson » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:50 am

elwoodblues wrote:"The airplane had 151 passengers and seven crew members aboard."

New England Revolution average home attendance
2008*: 16,493 (league average 16,358)
2007: 16,742 (league average 16,485)

*Halfway through season.

In 2002, the Revolution hosted the MLS Cup final in front of 61,316 when they played the LA Galaxy.

So, No, this is not the largest crowd ever to see the New England Revolution in action.

If people don't like professional soccer, that's fine, just ignore it. I'll never understand the need to belittle it or attack it.
No matter where you go, there you are.

elwoodblues

#10 Post by elwoodblues » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:48 pm

It was just a joke, AJ. I know soccer has its share of fans in this country, but you know very well that it does not rate as highly here as it does in the rest of the world.

Sorry if I offended your soccer sensibilities. I was not trying to belittle or attack the sport. I was trying to make a joke, apparently not a very good one.

VAdame

#11 Post by VAdame » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:02 pm

elwoodblues wrote:It was just a joke, AJ. I know soccer has its share of fans in this country, but you know very well that it does not rate as highly here as it does in the rest of the world.

Sorry if I offended your soccer sensibilities. I was not trying to belittle or attack the sport. I was trying to make a joke, apparently not a very good one.
We all know how soccer is growing in popularity in this country! More Americans are playing soccer than ever before. And why, you may wonder, are so many Americans playing soccer these days?
Spoiler
So they don't have to watch it!

Better joke? :P

elwoodblues

#12 Post by elwoodblues » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:09 pm

VAdame wrote:
elwoodblues wrote:It was just a joke, AJ. I know soccer has its share of fans in this country, but you know very well that it does not rate as highly here as it does in the rest of the world.

We all know how soccer is growing in popularity in this country! More Americans are playing soccer than ever before. And why, you may wonder, are so many Americans playing soccer these days?
Spoiler
So they don't have to watch it!

Better joke? :P
Much better. :lol:

andrewjackson

#13 Post by andrewjackson » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:43 pm

Sorry. I guess I'm too defensive. When it's slam after slam after slam it gets a little old.

Think about all the times you've heard someone comment on soccer. How many of those were "jokes" centering on the shortcomings of the sport in the U.S. or belittling anyone who is a fan around the world? Now contrast that with the number of positive things you've heard?

Now do that comparison for baseball, basketball, football, or hockey? Sure there are jokes but there are also positive comments to balance it out.

That's all we are asking for, a little balance.

ESPN in particular is really getting on my nerves. They are showing more soccer highlights (especially now that they have the rights to more soccer leagues and games.) But on SportsCenter they cannot show a highlight without making some sort of joke or snide comment. Do they make jokes about other sports or athletes? Sure but they also make positive comments about other sports and athletes. Soccer, not so much.

End of rant.
No matter where you go, there you are.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#14 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:50 pm

andrewjackson wrote:Sorry. I guess I'm too defensive. When it's slam after slam after slam it gets a little old.

Think about all the times you've heard someone comment on soccer. How many of those were "jokes" centering on the shortcomings of the sport in the U.S. or belittling anyone who is a fan around the world? Now contrast that with the number of positive things you've heard?

Now do that comparison for baseball, basketball, football, or hockey? Sure there are jokes but there are also positive comments to balance it out.

ESPN in particular is really getting on my nerves. They are showing more soccer highlights (especially now that they have the rights to more soccer leagues and games.) But on SportsCenter they cannot show a highlight without making some sort of joke or snide comment. Do they make jokes about other sports or athletes? Sure but they also make positive comments about other sports and athletes. Soccer, not so much.

End of rant.
I like soccer. Especially now that the USC women are NCAA champs. Fight On!

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#15 Post by Evil Squirrel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:52 pm

andrewjackson wrote:Sorry. I guess I'm too defensive. When it's slam after slam after slam it gets a little old.

End of rant.

Well, I'd like a few more squirrel supporters on this Bored too, but it ain't gonna happen..... :(
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#16 Post by kayrharris » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:08 pm

Here's some support for you Evil Squirrel. A bumper sticker I found recently:

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#17 Post by Evil Squirrel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:11 pm

kayrharris wrote:Here's some support for you Evil Squirrel. A bumper sticker I found recently:

Thanks! Kick a squirrel while he's down....
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

NSAS
Merry Man

#18 Post by NSAS » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:12 pm

kayrharris wrote:Here's some support for you Evil Squirrel. A bumper sticker I found recently:

Dear Ms. Rharris,

Those of us concerned the the plight of the poor squirrels among us, would appreciate it if you could provide us with the name of the publisher of this awful abomination of a bumper sticker you have published above. The callousness evidenced by the sentiments on that sticker just shock us to the bone. The next thing you know they will be trying to train squirrels to be furry little pedicurists like those poor fish. We must put a stop to this right now!

Your friends,

NSAS
Arboreal Machiavellians need love, too.

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#19 Post by Evil Squirrel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:14 pm

NSAS wrote:

Dear Ms. Rharris,

Those of us concerned the the plight of the poor squirrels among us, would appreciate it if you could provide us with the name of the publisher of this awful abomination of a bumper sticker you have published above. The callousness evidenced by the sentiments on that sticker just shock us to the bone. The next thing you know they will be trying to train squirrels to be furry little pedicurists like those poor fish. We must put a stop to this right now!

Your friends,

NSAS

I'd be willing to bet that bumper sticker says "Made in Canada" on it....

http://tragiclifeinspection.blogspot.co ... irrel.html

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

--Richard E. Mallery

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#20 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:16 pm

NSAS wrote:

Dear Ms. Rharris,

Your friends,

NSAS
They might get a job on this bored as nitpickers.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#21 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:22 pm

Evil Squirrel wrote:
NSAS wrote:

Dear Ms. Rharris,

Your friends,

NSAS

I'd be willing to bet that bumper sticker says "Made in Canada" on it....

http://tragiclifeinspection.blogspot.co ... irrel.html

That is a very sad blog. I await the day when a squirrel catches an unsuspecting chihuahua or yorkie.

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#22 Post by AnnieCamaro » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:29 pm

Even though I'm not a fan of squirrels, I hate that bumper sticker.

I was a speed bump once.

/:(\
Sou iu koto de.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#23 Post by kayrharris » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:26 pm

I'm just the messenger, not the author of subject bumper sticker.

Maybe this will make Evil squirrel feel better. Here's a link to SNN...aka Squirrel News Network. This could keep you busy for hours and maybe even forget about Annie for a while!

http://www.sugarbushsquirrel.com/index.html
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#24 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:43 pm

kayrharris wrote:
Maybe this will make Evil squirrel feel better. Here's a link to SNN...aka Squirrel News Network. This could keep you busy for hours and maybe even forget about Annie for a while!
Omigod, this is an unending treasure trove of prospective avatars for squirrely BBs -- including a few we've noticed in the past.

Great find, Kay!
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

TheConfessor

#25 Post by TheConfessor » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:15 am

Yeah, you're right. I've never even heard of the New England Revolution but I read in the sports section of my local paper today that Chase Hilgenbrinck of the Revolution just quit the team to enter the seminary to become a Catholic priest. You hardly ever hear about it when someone from the NFL, NBA, or MLB quits to become a priest.