FINAL REMINDER!!! My special debuts on GSN tomorrow!!!!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Ritterskoop

#26 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:26 pm

TheConfessor wrote:
Ritterskoop wrote:I am not passing judgment, only asking. How is it legal to post copyrighted material on a free site like YouTube? Doesn't the copyright holder lose advertising revenue if it is free?
It's probably not legal, unless the copyright holder is the one who posted the material. In this case, I think GSN would be thrilled to have someone post a video of "The Making Of A Game Show" (or whatever it's titled), since it's basically just a 22 minute promotional video trying to get people interested in watching "Catch 21."

Companies and individuals can request YouTube remove any videos that are posted without authorization. It happens all the time. In most cases, the copyright owners aren't concerned enough to take action. Which means we get to see Mark Anthony DiBello in action, and lots of other interesting stuff.
I did not mean the promo but the show itself.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

TheConfessor

#27 Post by TheConfessor » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:58 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
TheConfessor wrote:
Ritterskoop wrote:I am not passing judgment, only asking. How is it legal to post copyrighted material on a free site like YouTube? Doesn't the copyright holder lose advertising revenue if it is free?
It's probably not legal, unless the copyright holder is the one who posted the material. In this case, I think GSN would be thrilled to have someone post a video of "The Making Of A Game Show" (or whatever it's titled), since it's basically just a 22 minute promotional video trying to get people interested in watching "Catch 21."

Companies and individuals can request YouTube remove any videos that are posted without authorization. It happens all the time. In most cases, the copyright owners aren't concerned enough to take action. Which means we get to see Mark Anthony DiBello in action, and lots of other interesting stuff.
This whole discussion has been about Jason Block urging us to watch a special show in which he is featured, which promotes the upcoming new series "Catch 21," in which he will be a contestant. Second Chance has made repeated requests for someone to provide a video of the special "making of" show, which promotes the upcoming series, which I think is what you mean by "the show itself."

Estonut
Evil Genius

#28 Post by Estonut » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:39 am

Second Chance - I could duplicate my DVD of the "Making of" show, but I won't be recording the actual game shows, as they conflict with other stuff that I record. I was hoping you'd get a response from someone who has a way to get you the whole shebang, but I haven't seen that yet. If you'd like a copy of the "Making of" DVD, PM me.

Ritterskoop

#29 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:41 am

TheConfessor wrote:
Ritterskoop wrote:
TheConfessor wrote: It's probably not legal, unless the copyright holder is the one who posted the material. In this case, I think GSN would be thrilled to have someone post a video of "The Making Of A Game Show" (or whatever it's titled), since it's basically just a 22 minute promotional video trying to get people interested in watching "Catch 21."

This whole discussion has been about Jason Block urging us to watch a special show in which he is featured, which promotes the upcoming new series "Catch 21," in which he will be a contestant. Second Chance has made repeated requests for someone to provide a video of the special "making of" show, which promotes the upcoming series, which I think is what you mean by "the show itself."
I withdraw my objection. The capital letters and exclamation points in the header put me on edge to begin with, and I read stuff wrong. I thought the point was to post the Catch 21 show, which is what I was questioning the legality of. I did not understand the complaint that there were no responses, when what I thought was being asked for is of questionable legality, and people are not going to want to say in public that they will do an illegal thing.

But I missed the boat on everything, and there it is.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#30 Post by secondchance » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:19 am

Estonut wrote:Second Chance - I could duplicate my DVD of the "Making of" show, but I won't be recording the actual game shows, as they conflict with other stuff that I record. I was hoping you'd get a response from someone who has a way to get you the whole shebang, but I haven't seen that yet. If you'd like a copy of the "Making of" DVD, PM me.
Thanks so much - I really appreciate your offer. Let's see if it may indeed show up somewhere before you go to the trouble. Anyone I know who gets GSN doesn't live near me, and they either don't have recording devices and/or computers and/or don't know how to record/post/send it to me. phew.
The thing is, I was supposed to be on the show. Set of circumstances prevented me from taping. Coordinator promised if show was picked up she'd recall me. I think it would be wise to study the game strategy on several shows before that may happen. :wink: I'll contact you in a few days to let you know either way.

Ritterskoop

#31 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:24 am

Second Chance wrote: The thing is, I was supposed to be on the show. Set of circumstances prevented me from taping. Coordinator promised if show was picked up she'd recall me. I think it would be wise to study the game strategy on several shows before that may happen. :wink: I'll contact you in a few days to let you know either way.
Might the coordinator send you a tape if you asked, and paid postage?

Might be worth a shot.

I apologize for my earlier comments. I intended to illuminate one possible reason you weren't getting lots of replies (another is that it's the weekend and we have less traffic, usually), and it came off badly.
--------

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#32 Post by secondchance » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:35 am

Ritterskoop wrote: Might the coordinator send you a tape if you asked, and paid postage?
Might be worth a shot.
Good thought - but heavens no, I need our next correspondence to be instigated from her end, and about my appearance. She's off working on other projects and I doubt that she'd have access to that kind of production stuff anyway.
Ritterskoop wrote: I apologize for my earlier comments. I intended to illuminate one possible reason you weren't getting lots of replies (another is that it's the weekend and we have less traffic, usually), and it came off badly.
No worries! Didn't mean for my tease to come off as a complaint. Sorry if my squeaky wheel triggered a fender bender. :wink:

MarleysGh0st

#33 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:21 am

TheConfessor wrote:I thought it was a good behind-the-scenes look at what goes into making a game show. I recommend it especially to those who hope to be contestants on any game show. They don't sugar coat the facts. They are upfront about the fact that they're looking for big personalities with enthusiasm. That's probably true of most shows. Jason seems to fit that description pretty well. Those who think contestant selection should be based strictly on merit and who is best at playing the game just need to look at the audition process as an essential part of the game.
Then I must despair. :cry:

Once upon a time, there was one show that tried things differently. And that did pretty well...

_TPTB_
Merry Man

#34 Post by _TPTB_ » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:24 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
TheConfessor wrote:I thought it was a good behind-the-scenes look at what goes into making a game show. I recommend it especially to those who hope to be contestants on any game show. They don't sugar coat the facts. They are upfront about the fact that they're looking for big personalities with enthusiasm. That's probably true of most shows. Jason seems to fit that description pretty well. Those who think contestant selection should be based strictly on merit and who is best at playing the game just need to look at the audition process as an essential part of the game.

Once upon a time, there was one show that tried things differently. And that did pretty well...

Thankfully, I took care of that little anomaly. I'm still waiting for some kind of lifetime achievement Emmy for that.....

nitrah55

#35 Post by nitrah55 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:50 am

I saw this show quite by accident Sunday. Jason, I thought you came across quite well, even though your father got most of the good lines.
I am about 25% sure of this.

peacock2121

#36 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:38 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:

sigh

MarleysGh0st

#37 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:43 am

peacock2121 wrote:sigh
Indeed.

peacock2121

#38 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:44 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:sigh
Indeed.
You crack me up.

oh

I can't believe you are still watching that show.

MarleysGh0st

#39 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:47 am

peacock2121 wrote: oh

I can't believe you are still watching that show.
Sorry, wrong thread, so it doesn't count. :P

And I wanted to see Jason on this show, but I missed it. Does anyone know if GSN will be repeating it this week? Or have it (officially) available online?

Hotseat Or Bust!
Bored Hottie

#40 Post by Hotseat Or Bust! » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:26 am

The actual program (not the making of) begins tonight at 7:30pm Eastern.