Interesting Night At Work

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

Interesting Night At Work

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:37 am

First of all...... COLLEGE RULE NOTEBOOKS FINALLY CAME IN!!!!! I had to buy a new bulb for the icebox anyway, so I picked five of them up on the way out. Amazing what a quarter will buy you....

I ran into Annie's $19 laptop podiums completely by accident towards the end of the night. I happened to see the sign and wondered what the hell we were selling for $19 even. There they were....

And in the "if they only knew" department.... one of my co-workers helping me stock over in my favorite area came over to my aisle and asked if I knew about anything out in Lawn & Garden that would keep squirrels out of her flowers. I had to try to answer with a straight face that at one time we had something in a little packet called "Squirrel Away", but that I hadn't seen it in a couple months. I then had to hide my outrage when she said she was about to resort to using rat poison on the poor thing....

Hopefully ES won't nibble on any green blocks that might be laying out there..... :shock:

lb13

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

Re: Interesting Night At Work

#2 Post by Here's Fanny! » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:41 am

littlebeast13 wrote:First of all...... COLLEGE RULE NOTEBOOKS FINALLY CAME IN!!!!! I had to buy a new bulb for the icebox anyway, so I picked five of them up on the way out. Amazing what a quarter will buy you....lb13
Grandma? Is that you?

Five notebooks? Don't hurt yourself, there... Hopefully my Mecca will have the wide rules in when I go Monday. My just a few equals five. I won't tell you how many college rules I glommed onto this week. Ha!
Spoiler
I'm darned good and ready.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#3 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:41 am

littlebeast13 wrote:First of all...... COLLEGE RULE NOTEBOOKS FINALLY CAME IN!!!!! I had to buy a new bulb for the icebox anyway, so I picked five of them up on the way out. Amazing what a quarter will buy you....

I ran into Annie's $19 laptop podiums completely by accident towards the end of the night. I happened to see the sign and wondered what the hell we were selling for $19 even. There they were....

And in the "if they only knew" department.... one of my co-workers helping me stock over in my favorite area came over to my aisle and asked if I knew about anything out in Lawn & Garden that would keep squirrels out of her flowers. I had to try to answer with a straight face that at one time we had something in a little packet called "Squirrel Away", but that I hadn't seen it in a couple months. I then had to hide my outrage when she said she was about to resort to using rat poison on the poor thing....

Hopefully ES won't nibble on any green blocks that might be laying out there..... :shock:

lb13

I only dine at Christie's.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

#4 Post by Here's Fanny! » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:44 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:First of all...... COLLEGE RULE NOTEBOOKS FINALLY CAME IN!!!!! I had to buy a new bulb for the icebox anyway, so I picked five of them up on the way out. Amazing what a quarter will buy you....

lb13

Do you brunch at Sotheby's?
Spoiler

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:45 am

Here's Fanny! wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:First of all...... COLLEGE RULE NOTEBOOKS FINALLY CAME IN!!!!! I had to buy a new bulb for the icebox anyway, so I picked five of them up on the way out. Amazing what a quarter will buy you....lb13
Grandma? Is that you?
Icebox is a Midwesternism.... maybe even just a St. Louisism, but that's what we call 'em around these parts.....

And I only got 5 notebooks because I can't imagine I'll need more than that before next summer. I don't run enough games on here anymore.....

lb13

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:45 am

Here's Fanny! wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

lb13

How much is that dickey in the window?

lb13

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#7 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:51 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Here's Fanny! wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

How much is that dickey in the window?

lb13
More than you can afford.

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

#8 Post by Here's Fanny! » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:53 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Here's Fanny! wrote:
Grandma? Is that you?
Icebox is a Midwesternism.... maybe even just a St. Louisism, but that's what we call 'em around these parts.....

And I only got 5 notebooks because I can't imagine I'll need more than that before next summer. I don't run enough games on here anymore.....

lb13
My grandma was from Illinois, so maybe that's it (my dad always said icebox as well). I just always assumed it was from when they actually were iceboxes.

Speaking of games, are you EVER going to give the rest of the answers to your mega board quiz from forever ago?
Spoiler

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#9 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:55 am

Here's Fanny! wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Here's Fanny! wrote: Grandma? Is that you?

lb13
My grandma was from Illinois, so maybe that's it (my dad always said icebox as well). I just always assumed it was from when they actually were iceboxes.

Speaking of games, are you EVER going to give the rest of the answer to your mega board quiz from forever ago?

Have I built up enough suspense yet? :roll:

Hopefully I haven't forgotten all the answers..... :shock:

lb13

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

#10 Post by Here's Fanny! » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:00 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Here's Fanny! wrote:My grandma was from Illinois, so maybe that's it (my dad always said icebox as well). I just always assumed it was from when they actually were iceboxes.

Speaking of games, are you EVER going to give the rest of the answer to your mega board quiz from forever ago?

Have I built up enough suspense yet? :roll:

Hopefully I haven't forgotten all the answers..... :shock:

lb13
That's okay, because everybody's forgotten the questions. Ha!
Spoiler

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#11 Post by kayrharris » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:38 am

Icebox threw me for a minute as well. I had to make sure it was LB that posting. :)

I don't say icebox and don't think I ever have, but I have heard the term and on occasion I still hear it around here.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

peacock2121

#12 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:46 am

kayrharris wrote:Icebox threw me for a minute as well. I had to make sure it was LB that posting. :)

I don't say icebox and don't think I ever have, but I have heard the term and on occasion I still hear it around here.
LOL

kay still cracks me up.

I went a different way after reading icebox.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#13 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:00 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Here's Fanny! wrote:
Grandma? Is that you?

lb13
reading lbs post icebox seemed perfectly normal, I heard it enough that it seem completely normal, like putting on the blinker before turning.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#14 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:32 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Here's Fanny! wrote: Grandma? Is that you?

lb13
reading lbs post icebox seemed perfectly normal, I heard it enough that it seem completely normal, like putting on the blinker before turning.

Brrrrr. It's cold inside.

MarleysGh0st

#15 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:35 am

littlebeast13 wrote:And I only got 5 notebooks because I can't imagine I'll need more than that before next summer. I don't run enough games on here anymore.....
Just five notebooks for a whole year???

We better start rationing our noteworthy happenings, around here. :P

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#16 Post by minimetoo26 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:15 am

Classico spaghetti sauce used to have the instruction to put the leftovers in the icebox, but they recently changed it to refrigerator. Maybe people were putting glass jars in the freezer, and they were shattering? Because my ice is in the freezer... :P :P :P

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#17 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:18 am

minimetoo26 wrote:Classico spaghetti sauce used to have the instruction to put the leftovers in the icebox, but they recently changed it to refrigerator. Maybe people were putting glass jars in the freezer, and they were shattering? Because my ice is in the freezer... :P :P :P

The freezer's on top of the icebox, silly! :P

And right now, my icebox is full of ^#@# bottled water since we're in Day 3 of our boil order..... :evil:

lb13

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#18 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:21 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:Classico spaghetti sauce used to have the instruction to put the leftovers in the icebox, but they recently changed it to refrigerator. Maybe people were putting glass jars in the freezer, and they were shattering? Because my ice is in the freezer... :P :P :P

And right now, my icebox is full of ^#@# bottled water since we're in Day 3 of our boil order..... :evil:

lb13
Is that dog sniffing your butt?

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#19 Post by Evil Squirrel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:29 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
That's his tail! Get that hair out of your eyes!
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

christie1111
11:11

#20 Post by christie1111 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:11 am

ulysses5019 wrote:

lb13

He is a wise man!

Salmon burgers on the grill tonight.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#21 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:14 am

Evil Squirrel wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
That's his tail! Get that hair out of your eyes!
Oops. My tinfoil beanie's not getting very good reception down here.