The Who

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

The Who

#1 Post by Here's Fanny! » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:51 am

I've only seen bits and pieces of the Honours show, but they've been showing Who stuff practically nonstop the last couple of days.

Which annoys me because I like to have my music videos when I get up in the morning. The Who documentary was playing when I went to bed a little after 1 am the other night and it was playing again when I got up a little before 5 am. At least this morning they're back to videos!

Anyway, I've always thought that Roger Daltrey was a very good looking man, even as he aged well into his fifties, but I think he's finally hit the wall. Still looks good for his age, though.

Pete Townshend, on the other hand, looks better the older he gets.

If Keith Moon had lived into middle age, he would be Harry Shearer.
Spoiler
I'm darned good and ready.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#2 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:07 am

I've never been a huge fan of Pearl Jam, but I gotta admit they totally nailed "Love Reign O'er Me" on that show. Didn't think ANYONE could sing that song properly other than Daltrey.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Bixby17

#3 Post by Bixby17 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:20 am

I don't know. I think Roger Daltrey still looks fine. (His white guy afro hair worked for me, but his 80's mullet and leather combo is a little wrong).

I watched all the Who documentary stuff I could find on the On Demand cable service before the Rock Honors. The one on VH1 and also the one on Sundance. Thought they were really well done and very interesting--but certainly easier watched from beginning to end rather in parts.

KillerTomato

#4 Post by KillerTomato » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:50 am

I'm really sorry I missed this, but knowing VH-1 they'll show it endlessly for a while. But my local rock station (the only station I listen to, except to hear a Pirates game) was given the Honor for best rock station in the country (by, they said, a wide margin). And you can hear it streaming on the net at www.Dve.com ...
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll