OK, I'll do it...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mikehardware

OK, I'll do it...

#1 Post by mikehardware » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:24 pm

but it still seems too early for me.

I'm still catching up on everything after my trip this past week to the scenic Lompoc, CA area. TPTB sent me (and apparently everyone else in the pool) an email about needing PAF photos.

I've been putting off asking for PAFs, since there's no way to tell when they would be needed, and I really dislike bothering folks unnecessarily. But, since TPTB have asked nicely, I'll put out the call.

The last time, the response was overwhelming, especially considering the short notice. (For the newbies, I qualified for SuperMillionaire on a Monday evening, got The Call at 8 AM Tuesday, flew to New York first thing Wednesday, and taped Thursday morning.)

It's probably no surprise, but I've done some analysis of my performance at home for the questions from the past year. My areas of above average need are in order as follows:
Literature
Pop Culture (TV, Movies, Music, Fashion, Celebs, Songs)
Countries
Cities
US (Presidents, States, History, Government)
Business
Food
Medical
Art
Words
Animals
Toys and Games
Sports
Science
Languages
Legal
Computers

I've based the figures on how often the category shows up, and how likely I am to need a lifeline for that category. I've got an Excel spreadsheet showing all the questions, and it includes a column for if I would have used a lifeline. If anyone wants to see exactly how pathetic I am, and gauge your ability to help, I'll try to find someplace to post it.

Please email me (see the memberlist) if you would like to volunteer. Any advice also cheerfully accepted. Thanks everyone!

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

Re: OK, I'll do it...

#2 Post by secondchance » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Hey Mike, embarringly enough i'll admit that i'm pretty good with the pop culture stuff. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss. Also, a good place for anyone to catch up on that kind of stuff is at Perezhilton.com. Good luck with the PAF gathering! How exciting!

Appa23

Re: OK, I'll do it...

#3 Post by Appa23 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:24 pm

mikehardware wrote:but it still seems too early for me.

I'm still catching up on everything after my trip this past week to the scenic Lompoc, CA area. TPTB sent me (and apparently everyone else in the pool) an email about needing PAF photos.

I've been putting off asking for PAFs, since there's no way to tell when they would be needed, and I really dislike bothering folks unnecessarily. But, since TPTB have asked nicely, I'll put out the call.

The last time, the response was overwhelming, especially considering the short notice. (For the newbies, I qualified for SuperMillionaire on a Monday evening, got The Call at 8 AM Tuesday, flew to New York first thing Wednesday, and taped Thursday morning.)

It's probably no surprise, but I've done some analysis of my performance at home for the questions from the past year. My areas of above average need are in order as follows:
Literature
Pop Culture (TV, Movies, Music, Fashion, Celebs, Songs)
Countries
Cities
US (Presidents, States, History, Government)
Business
Food
Medical
Art
Words
Animals
Toys and Games
Sports
Science
Languages
Legal
Computers
My best areas would be law, sports, US history & government, and anything related to children (literature, games, et cetera), if you can not find anyone better.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:36 pm

You have e-mail from me. My strengths may be a pretty good fit for your needs. --ConfettiSquaredBob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson